• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was thinking, though, there are times when we dash attack people, so why not RC jab instead?

Also, Ace, call it a wavejab. It sounds so much cooler that way. I love doing that, though. I'm better at it than I am at just plain wavedashing.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
cause you can't cancel your initial dash, but you can dash attack out of it.
Well sometimes we do run like to pursue off of an aerial or something, and there would be an occasional use for a run canceled attack.

However, yes initially you cannot cancel it, but it would behoove many Ganon's to learn to pivot their jabs off of a dash dance. THAT is extremely useful. As is the Ftilt.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
my first vids in a long time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdbqKoq_YjM&context=C3e3ef70ADOEgsToPDskKP5oZTgxHlAsKELNODOoSG

SD's make me sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGM...xt=C3e3ef70ADOEgsToPDskKP5oZTgxHlAsKELNODOoSG

sheik also makes me sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYkMAPByKNA&context=C3610941ADOEgsToPDskJwCDSuJJ-gCGuK4q8-wKiP

peaches that don't let me style on them make me upset. me being upset causes destruction. lmao.

hoping to actually get my wavelands back to where they can be (mostly just ground wavelands from a shorthop) before my tournament next week. vids from that (if they occur) should be more serious.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Vs Falco, the commentator was pretty much right when he said you aren't getting much out of your PSing. It seems like you are just PSing to PS and not actually do something with it. You can pretty much PS to Fair if you are close enough or PS to waveland to get closer to Falco. Also, it would appear as if you seem to be trying to bait too much Falco into doing something you want him to do, you aren't really forcing his hand when you are just standing there motionless, you have to keep moving.

Vs Sheik.. umm well, i think your neutral needs to be way better, you can't really do all the waveland tricks vs her.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah my set with redd was pretty meh. my neutral game overall needs work; i don't really play patient enough at all.

sneak is/was my training partner/teammate, so that set is a little weird. i think i was a little afraid to ps fair, because he knows i do it so much. normally i look for ps to grab, but he didn't space his lasers for that. i mostly powershield lasers to try to get people to try to stop using them, but he's smarter than that lol. we know a lot of each others habits, and we know a lot of what kind of situations we're trying to get, so i was trying to play a step further than normal in some situations, but it didn't work out well mostly.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
At 6:10 against the Falco you ran forward and did a dash attack. Couldn't that have been a Run Cancel Jab?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think dashing is better than jabbing in that situation. What about an Ftilt, though?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
So, i decided to pick up ganon as a character. I was playing with him a bunch yesturday and he is hella fun.

Any suggestions on getting started?

My game atm just consists of fancy wavelanding lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So, i decided to pick up ganon as a character. I was playing with him a bunch yesturday and he is hella fun.

There are so many useful threads stickied here, have a look then ask specific questions.

G. Vice

Smash Lord

Well, you just have to make sure every hit counts. You're gonna get combo'd, so go ahead and make peace with it and don't let one stock affect the next. Wavelanding is good, but use it in moderation, spamming it will get you in trouble.

Bait people to use their double jump, then hit them. It knocks them far and leaves them no means to change up recovery.

Gimp some. Then jab some.

@ Ian, I think Renth may be a little rusty, so I don't know if he could tell him everything he needs to know. With Guini, Kage, and Rockcrock in here frequently I'm pretty sure he's in the right place lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
dennis is never here, and emilio is taking a long needed break, so it's basically just kage

mark and naka know each other well so i was poking fun at that.
Yeah, I know. Actually Renth introduced me to MANY people from Pennsylvania and I went up there to visit everyone. He was gone. And I didn't get a chance to visit Swannie.

But you're kinda right, Guini doesn't say much in here these days. I know he's in college though so I know he's busy.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'm on my way to a smashfest Ganons lend me your strength!

:phone:
Get bodied! lol nah j/k

@ G. Vice - I'll try to frequent the boards if anyone has questions that need to be answered. Guini frequents the site, but yeah he's a busy lad. I learned some things from playing Tipman last week. I'll share them whenever I get the chance.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Get bodied! lol nah j/k

@ G. Vice - I'll try to frequent the boards if anyone has questions that need to be answered. Guini frequents the site, but yeah he's a busy lad. I learned some things from playing Tipman last week. I'll share them whenever I get the chance.
Yeah, I'm sure you'll get on that asap.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
What about jaco and wootin????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
claypool's pretty up there, i wouldnt say the best though. maybe the best metal bassist

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What about jaco and wootin????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ok, Ill give you jaco. That dude knew how to play (his cover of blackbird?!?!?! oh my god...)

wooten is probably my favorite upright player, but obviously also insane on electric.

I have many bass idols lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm going to have to listen to that after I finish this episode of DBZ. The only song I've heard by them is Birdland, but I really like it.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXOnhzoC-i8 - jaco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmoA8FwqF9I&feature=related - wootin

there are many other bassists like marcus but im using these as my main arguing points
**** yeah, Victor Wooten is amazing.

claypool's pretty up there, i wouldnt say the best though. maybe the best metal bassist

Your definition of metal is... disturbing.

Ok, Ill give you jaco. That dude knew how to play (his cover of blackbird?!?!?! oh my god...)

wooten is probably my favorite upright player, but obviously also insane on electric.

I have many bass idols lol
Yeah that song is awesome, I can play the intro, it's great. Also I didn't know Wooten played upright.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Seen all the DBZ episodes. Most of the DragonBall Episodes. Refuse to watch the Dragon Ball GT episodes.

I actually think I could pull off Vegeta. I'm short, muscular(ish and I am going to become more so) and I am known for having spiky hair. Might try to do that for a halloween costume one year.

edit*

on the other note, I stumbled upon a picture of -ACE- while browsing the internet. Bro, you sure you don't main peach??

http://thes4p.com/Portals/0/burn_2.jpg

Top Bottom