• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Nah, you can hit her every time if you time the tipman perfectly. It is kinda weird sometimes though; I recommend full jump reverse uairing to avoid the umbrella sometimes, but you have to learn the full jump timing first.

Against jiggs reverse uair(a la tipman) is actually useful, I was using this against hbox a few weeks ago. You can mix that up with dj bairs and more uairs. FD is prob my least favorite stage against her and I like fd a lot in general, I just like dropping from above with aerials to counter her WoP, and platforms allow me to do that.
Mr Knowitall up here ^^

Just because you got your name in the title of the thread, you think you can just come in here and post everything and anything you want? lol

Thanks! I don't know why I'm just now hearing about this vid.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
You don't really aim for the umbrella because of the trade, instead you need to aim for her directly towards her boobs.
Yea. I agree with you. If you aim at the umbrella, it would be a trade. Also it will mess up your spacing. More then likely the umbrella will hit you before the reverse uair hits her because of the amount of frames peaches umbrella takes up.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh that was pretty good match considering.. Though those SDs were unfortunate for sure. You went for the classic off-stage fair spacing but you died after.. >_<. I think you should use more Dtilt vs Jiggs.. like if let's say Jab isn't going to hit then you can use that instead for poking.. also to punish his crouching shenanigans. A lot of times it of worked I think, and also obviously be more mindful by doing things OOS, he was baiting you a lot that way. (You gotta play ****ing gay vs him lol)

Of course, it's easy to say when I'm watching this but still true. I'd probably have a real hard time to beat him as well.

I'm taking notes too. =)

Edit: Oh ya I remembered also, how come you did dair at 0 into upair.. instead of doing Dair again into another possible techchase? It's more damage and it's better I find. And don't forget downthrow into upsmash, I saw you could of done it 2 or 3 times too. It's better than just upair.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Kage, I almost came when you did dair->double jump dair->upuair on erayz. Then I realized you did that at zenith in one of your matches vs Jesiah.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The crouching gimmicks work so well for Jiggs against Ganon. :urg:
Ya it does, from a crouch you really have to guess.. is she going to stay on the ground.. if so then you can do downtilt or maybe tipped downangle ftilt I think that hits? Not sure though. But then if she jumps then you can do a preemptive ftilt to shut her down or jab if she's close. The guessing game sucks though... annoying to deal with.

Superspright

Smash Lord
downtilt has better range, and will ALWAYS punish a crouching jiggly. But if it gets predictable then they will just shield and punish. It doesn't really combo at all which kinda sucks. Nothing combos on jiggly though. It's all about spacing aerials and zoning really really really hard. Making that jiggly player work for even the slightest gap. If you're really smart you create the openings and punish em. I think the matchup is like 50-50 or in Ganon's favor. As long as he avoids the fair/bair **** he's fine. Not too hard if you just di away and tech/techroll to reset the spacing war.

Linguini did really well against hbox. Just kept him scared.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Mr Knowitall up here ^^

Just because you got your name in the title of the thread, you think you can just come in here and post everything and anything you want? lol

Thanks! I don't know why I'm just now hearing about this vid.
Someone's been watching me vs Raistlin. It sucks that you just figured out that up-angled f-tilt is so beast against Puff Pasta. Down-throw > jab> uair works at low percent and if you're fast enough you can react to the bair hitting your shield with a uair. Good matches Emilio as per usual.

Linguini

Smash Master
Oh that was pretty good match considering.. Though those SDs were unfortunate for sure. You went for the classic off-stage fair spacing but you died after.. >_<. I think you should use more Dtilt vs Jiggs.. like if let's say Jab isn't going to hit then you can use that instead for poking.. also to punish his crouching shenanigans. A lot of times it of worked I think, and also obviously be more mindful by doing things OOS, he was baiting you a lot that way. (You gotta play ****ing gay vs him lol)

Of course, it's easy to say when I'm watching this but still true. I'd probably have a real hard time to beat him as well.

I'm taking notes too. =)

Edit: Oh ya I remembered also, how come you did dair at 0 into upair.. instead of doing Dair again into another possible techchase? It's more damage and it's better I find. And don't forget downthrow into upsmash, I saw you could of done it 2 or 3 times too. It's better than just upair.
Meh, against most jiggs dtilt works but hbox is ready for that and will either shield or just have a good time bairing/uaring my face.

As you can see hbox is pretty good at resting out of stuff/grabs so I see double bair as kinda risky, plus uair many times leads into more juggles. I'd def try some more d throw to usmash but when he di's it and I miss I feel like I wasted an important grab....so I dunno

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Meh, against most jiggs dtilt works but hbox is ready for that and will either shield or just have a good time bairing/uaring my face.

As you can see hbox is pretty good at resting out of stuff/grabs so I see double bair as kinda risky, plus uair many times leads into more juggles. I'd def try some more d throw to usmash but when he di's it and I miss I feel like I wasted an important grab....so I dunno
I feel like uair just covers every option on the air. You can space out the bair and fair follow ups so you can't get rested and still get the hit off Emilio. Dtilt > jab maybe Kage?

Superspright

Smash Lord
Since there are stale moves in this game, it may be good to use upsmash sparingly after a dthrow to keep other options like bair and other finishers fresher after a dthrow so you can kill jiggly slightly earlier. Jiggly lives pretty much indefinitely until you pound her into oblivion. I just try to use different options to negate staling my moves. Not that stale moves are a huge problem, but after using bair 9-10 times it is no where near as strong as it is fresh.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Stale moves don't work like they do in brawl... attacks don't stale knockback. The difference between fresh and maximum stale is the difference in damage dealt (~5%) and the final knockback caused by the total percent on the other character. Imo its not that big of a deal since the variance in damage is less than the damage of 1 hit. Most of the time it'll take 1 more hit to kill regardless of the move being stale or fresh. I think its more important [not very] to mix up your pokes since that damage adds up over time.

Superspright

Smash Lord
They work similarly enough that damage is affected and thus knockback. They don't quite stale as fast, but constantly using bair or upair will definitely take the umph out of it. When Ganon is fully staled that is when things aren't so great [unless they are at 0%, then maybe it opens up an extra move on a combo string]. I think the difference is <5% for his stronger moves like dair and fair, and especially upsmash of course.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I love it zane. I don't know if it's better than your first one, but your first one is seriously my favorite combo video of all time, so... don't take that as negative, it's close. Appreciate the shoutout too man.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I love it zane. I don't know if it's better than your first one, but your first one is seriously my favorite combo video of all time, so... don't take that as negative, it's close. Appreciate the shoutout too man.
Thanks man. It means alot coming from you. I didn't know you were that big a fan of Devour I.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
They both are really good. Love the music choice/syncing too
All syncing props go to Arbustos. That guy has done well with my footage. But I'm glad the music worked as well as it did, I was honestly concerned about it at first.

But in all honesty, I guess I thought that Devour 2 > Devour 1. but that's my humble opinion.

lol <3 @Kage

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like devour 2 because you're a bit better in it, but the syncing and style in devour 1 was really unique and cool. I consider them about the same level, with a slight edge to 2

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I like the 2nd one better, more heroic stuff. =P Jab into upair into fair off-stage like you don't give a ****. lol. I like these a lot better. =)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think Devour had like a shock factor because ganon's don't make combo vids, and I was a no-name ganon.

I think Devour 2 had a lot to live up to, and I just hope it did.

I don't know how I'm supposed to best it with a Devour 3...dunno if I'll be able to lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You just need to destroy faces in other ways. Pretty simple. =P
Lol, I'll get right on it.

I think there should be a Ganon compilation of like all the ganon mains doing cool combos. We'd get a broad range of the combos, and different styles and names. It'd be sweet.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You're gonna have to pull a zhu. Become a top player and use high level tournament matches for your third combo vid

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i just want to share that pivot fsmash to counter falcos double laser (high low) off the edge is amazing.

if they do the low/low one, then we just get hit. lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If they do the double low laser you have to get above them to punish, which is hard because falco players generally wont ledgehop laser if you're close. I think an ideal (edit- 'an' as in one of many) punish would be to run towards the other side of a platform (bait the lasers) then waveland on the platform back towards the edge (immediately, not on reaction) and fall through bair/uair (reaction). If you try to do the waveland on reaction you will be too slow, but doing the whole sequence without a chance to react and adapt is unnecessarily risky. You can determine your timing based off his ledgehop intervals (he needs to maximize invincibility if he wants to live to shoot the first laser), so really you only have to call which interval he will go on (but not really since u are baiting him by giving him room). If for some reason you do this and he doesn't laser you can just reset spacing by wavelanding after you fall through the platform or staying on the platform works since its actually a really good trap position.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, the coolest way to beat the double laser is to get behind it. LHDL covers basically all space in front of him, due to the many options that falco has to shoot it. but as we all know from a falco that accidentally shoots behind him, their back is sooooo open. sometimes i'll actually just run off the edge while they're on it, and if they LHDL, i'll rising bair back onto the stage as they land.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I play fox in tourney mostly, and in friendlies i play all the top tiers except like falcon (am i the only person who finds falcon to be a boring character?). Fox can just run up, shield the first laser and shine oos before the 2nd laser for a free stock. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJAFf1VnTtI#t=3m50s

I actually find beating ledge hop double laser to be quite a difficult task for most characters. The method i said above with ganon is probably better than what marth has (fsmash/ftilt to possibly trade or run up and shield and hope they don't go behind you or something). Most of the time (with any character) I just shield at a distance where he can't take stage control immediately after the lasers and just let him double laser and position from there.

Top Bottom