• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Aww man that's too bad.. But I feel really incredible atm about my play in general and really confident. I predict many upsets are going to happen. =)

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Myself vs Eggm grand finals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P84DKXOwmc8&feature=related

a couple other sets up too on the same channel
Solid stuff from both players. Eggm got kinda crushed in the 2nd set.
Looks like Harriettheguy is pretty experienced in the Ganon matchup, huh ;)

Devour II is finally released.
Good job G. Vice. Nice video. I added the video to the Ganon Combo video playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAFC9F0F9FFB6866B

DannyG

Smash Cadet
I hate to ruin the chatting and ask an actual question about Ganon, but whenever I play Peach (all my little brother plays >_>) I tend to get caught jabbing at her while she CC's, leading to dtilts or dsmash, and me getting comboed. Very annoying. Unfortunately my brother isn't good, so I can't ask more questins about the matchup, so I guess advice about the CC'ing and then general matchup knowledge would be appreciated.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I don't really know the match up, but there is no need for the first clause of your sentence. This is a Q&A thread...and anyways the chatting was from like a 1.5 days ago.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I hate to ruin the chatting and ask an actual question about Ganon, but whenever I play Peach (all my little brother plays >_>) I tend to get caught jabbing at her while she CC's, leading to dtilts or dsmash, and me getting comboed. Very annoying. Unfortunately my brother isn't good, so I can't ask more questins about the matchup, so I guess advice about the CC'ing and then general matchup knowledge would be appreciated.
You have to be careful about spacing and make sure you don't over commit. Peach is tricky, because you have to respect her, so she can't contest your moves. If she's able to dsmash you because she cc's, you can either jab again, or go in for a jc grab, but it has to be done as soon as the first initial jab connects, or you'll just get hit. Jab > short hop > uair works well too, because you're not on the ground and you're still able to hit her.

DannyG

Smash Cadet
I don't really know the match up, but there is no need for the first clause of your sentence. This is a Q&A thread...and anyways the chatting was from like a 1.5 days ago.

Yea I know it's a Q&A thread, I was only being silly :)

And thanks Jason, that's what I figured. I gave it a try focusing on when I saw a CC coming and it worked pretty well. I find that when you get in peach's face and she doesn't have time to pull turnips you can get in control fairly easily. And Dair--->dair----->tech chase---->dair is the easiest 65% you'll ever rack up.

Oh, and one word of advice now that I've played Peach 100 times. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT ever approach a Peach from below when she's above you on a platform. She will Dsmash you through everything you have (including usmash, from my experience). The problem really isn't the dsmash screwing you up as much as it is the fact that normally when you get dsmashed you DI up and away, but if you jump into a dsmash from below and do that you'll eat the whole thing and end up offstage most likely. Nice thing is you can bait the dsmash and then pwn her.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yea I know it's a Q&A thread, I was only being silly :)

And thanks Jason, that's what I figured. I gave it a try focusing on when I saw a CC coming and it worked pretty well. I find that when you get in peach's face and she doesn't have time to pull turnips you can get in control fairly easily. And Dair--->dair----->tech chase---->dair is the easiest 65% you'll ever rack up.

Oh, and one word of advice now that I've played Peach 100 times. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT ever approach a Peach from below when she's above you on a platform. She will Dsmash you through everything you have (including usmash, from my experience). The problem really isn't the dsmash screwing you up as much as it is the fact that normally when you get dsmashed you DI up and away, but if you jump into a dsmash from below and do that you'll eat the whole thing and end up offstage most likely. Nice thing is you can bait the dsmash and then pwn her.
lol Yeah you shouldn't try to mess with that on platforms. However, if you can predict she's going to dsmash on top, try crouching and spamming up on the c-stick, but it has to be as soon as she's done. If it's done correctly, you'll put your foot in her *** literally. :awesome:

DannyG

Smash Cadet
lol Yeah you shouldn't try to mess with that on platforms. However, if you can predict she's going to dsmash on top, try crouching and spamming up on the c-stick, but it has to be as soon as she's done. If it's done correctly, you'll put your foot in her *** literally. :awesome:
Hmmm, I see. I've been getting a lot of upsmashes after dthrow at around 90. Is that DI specific, or can I always get it off?

DannyG

Smash Cadet
65? That seems really low but I'll try later today and see. And yea Chris, I always bair if they DI behind out of habit. Glad to know I shouldn't change that up.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
for real. what chris said is true but you gotta buffer the dthrow by holding c-down during the grab animation so they have minimal time to di.

:phone:

DannyG

Smash Cadet
for real. what chris said is true but you gotta buffer the dthrow by holding c-down during the grab animation so they have minimal time to di.

:phone:

Damnnnn you know I never realized you could do that....I know most pros will see a dthrow coming since it's all you ever really do as ganon but it should still be helpful.

Any other things I can buffer besides rolls and throws?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
spot dodges and crouch cancels too...idk, lots of stuff.
But I'm mostly posting to say that dream is sick but his sister delirium is my fave.

DannyG

Smash Cadet
spot dodges and crouch cancels too...idk, lots of stuff.
But I'm mostly posting to say that dream is sick but his sister delirium is my fave.

Awww, what a cool thing to say! Delirium is my favorite of the girls for sure. I just always liked this picture of Dream, so using it for my Avatar was a no-brainer.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i use buffered jumps to escape lots of things, its really safe. But i do it with fox, so its probably different

DannyG

Smash Cadet
I like doing things that Kage can do...It's pretty cool. Damn I wish I had a dazzle to record myself playing. Spider_sense has seen my Ganon a lot but it would be cool to get feedback from everyone.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hey guys, ik sleepyk was teaching me and jason this at pound, but idk if the rest of you know.

if you get hit by foxes shine while you're jumping, when you land, you have no lag. this means, if you see a shine coming, you have the option of just trying to get off the ground, so that the shine puts you back on the ground lagless for a jab or grab.

a lost of the time i get shined, i'm in the middle of a wavedash. this gives me this opportunity often. idk when the rest of you get shined, but it's always nice to have that opportunity. it sure beats getting waveshine dsmashed.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I like doing things that Kage can do...It's pretty cool. Damn I wish I had a dazzle to record myself playing. Spider_sense has seen my Ganon a lot but it would be cool to get feedback from everyone.
I'll ask Blea to bring his, and we'll get some recorded matches of your Ganon. I'll just have you go against my Marth and Sheik. I think watching yourself play matches against better players will give you a better understanding on what you're doing wrong, and plus I'll be there coaching you as well. lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
indeed. but before i would just get faired and die. by people who didn't even play ganon. now that uair them across, cuz they will DI in, ganon dittos aren't really that much an issue.

i haven't faced an actual ganon main in dittos in quite some time though. Except jim but.....yeah i just remember combos lol. my ganon spacing usually involves seeing a fair coming and uair comboing under it lol.

DannyG

Smash Cadet
What do you like doing?

I dunno what in particular, but just emulating your approach to the game as a ganon main. One thing that I do a lot now that I picked up from watching you is doing really delayed stomps to try and shield poke or catch them shield grabbing.

Also yea Jason, as soon as I get back I might buy a dazzle or just make sure Blea always has his. I wanna start improving seriously, and watching myself might be the best way. I miss getting beasted by your marth!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I dunno what in particular, but just emulating your approach to the game as a ganon main. One thing that I do a lot now that I picked up from watching you is doing really delayed stomps to try and shield poke or catch them shield grabbing.

Also yea Jason, as soon as I get back I might buy a dazzle or just make sure Blea always has his. I wanna start improving seriously, and watching myself might be the best way. I miss getting beasted by your marth!
It's not just about doing stomp at the last second, you have to do it also at a spacing where you hit their feet.. it's like a spaced late dair you have to do.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
put your heel on the most exposed part of his leg.

chris i wish we could play more i never fall for uair combos lol lots of times i just let go and don't DI, best option unless you're going to be sent offstage, in most situations.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
^ F-tilt is quickly becoming one of my favorite moves. Can't tell you how many of my mu problems have been helped by jumping less and f-tilting more. Too good.

On another note, Linguini (or anyone), I noticed in your set with Hbox you managed to land a decent number of fairs. Whenever I go for fair v Puff I get kicked in face and then I get kicked a lot more (especially if she is facing away -- I'll risk trading with her fair all day). Is there any time when fair is safe or worth the risk?

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah, challenging jigg's bair with fair is a dangerous game. It's not a good idea to throw out aggressive fairs when the jiggs is in a position where she has her defenses/spacing up already. Full hop fair is good against sh bairs though. I hit hbox with fairs because I know when he likes to stay grounded but that's about it; bair is def. a more useful move in the matchup.

dunno if you wanted more details

Top Bottom