• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, challenging jigg's bair with fair is a dangerous game. It's not a good idea to throw out aggressive fairs when the jiggs is in a position where she has her defenses/spacing up already. Full hop fair is good against sh bairs though. I hit hbox with fairs because I know when he likes to stay grounded but that's about it; bair is def. a more useful move in the matchup.

dunno if you wanted more details
Hey Guini, I got a question for you. I know you're especially good at the falco matchup. So I was wondering how you get around falco's lasers so well. I mean, I can shield them, and even PS them from time to time, but by and large they still force me to try to get around them by double jumping, and that leads to me getting destroyed at times. Is the secret to that matchup perfect uair out of shield?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I learned to do WD OOS out of lasers to approach Falco better or retreat. And then Jab that ****er or Uair oos when its getting close to dangerous grounds. I also FH Fair to catch their FH, pretty funny sometimes lol.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Hey Guini, I got a question for you. I know you're especially good at the falco matchup. So I was wondering how you get around falco's lasers so well. I mean, I can shield them, and even PS them from time to time, but by and large they still force me to try to get around them by double jumping, and that leads to me getting destroyed at times. Is the secret to that matchup perfect uair out of shield?
I learned to do WD OOS out of lasers to approach Falco better or retreat. And then Jab that ****er or Uair oos when its getting close to dangerous grounds. I also FH Fair to catch their FH, pretty funny sometimes lol.
Definitely the WD OOS against lasers is too pro, remember the concept of zoning Falco out G.Vice. Try using the fair and bair to get in on Falco while keeping up your defense. Full hop fairs work pretty well against Falco's lasers. You can also short hop uair the laser if he decides to retreat with a laser right in front of you.

@ Kage - I saw those recent matches of you vs that Fox main. lol You clown around too much. =P

Palpi

Smash Hero
Falco's don't camp enough. Simple as that. My best friend plays falco, and I pretty much beat him every single time...like 20 straight as marth, then he decides to just laser...now its like 50/50...or worse.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
So... Tope is coming here and there's already Drephen here now.

I'm not looking forward to having to fight good Sheiks while I'm still learning Ganon stuff.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When you said Ftilt> Upair, do you mean Ftilt as a bait the make the opponent jump then upair?
I mean when upair is used from the opponent in anyway, Ftilt should get them. Ftilt also gets inside the lag of the fair and after. Umm.. upair beats Fair too. Even bair beats Fair.. Fair is risky in Ganon dittos lol since it's like the weakest move for the rock/paper/scissors thing going on in that matchup. I think Upair beats bair but not too sure about that one.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I mean when upair is used from the opponent in anyway, Ftilt should get them. Ftilt also gets inside the lag of the fair and after. Umm.. upair beats Fair too. Even bair beats Fair.. Fair is risky in Ganon dittos lol since it's like the weakest move for the rock/paper/scissors thing going on in that matchup. I think Upair beats bair but not too sure about that one.
UAir and BAir will trade and hit the respective player. I think the UAir may be able to squeak out a little faster than BAir, so it may have a slight advantage. But yes, FAir is very risky in the dittos, unless you've baited them successfully and are using it as a punish, or tech chasing them out of a roll or get-up attack.

Ftilt is amazing in that matchup, and if the Ganon has a set pattern to the Ftilt you can sneak in a forward B during his leg lag and it can start stuff.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, challenging jigg's bair with fair is a dangerous game. It's not a good idea to throw out aggressive fairs when the jiggs is in a position where she has her defenses/spacing up already. Full hop fair is good against sh bairs though. I hit hbox with fairs because I know when he likes to stay grounded but that's about it; bair is def. a more useful move in the matchup.

dunno if you wanted more details
shut up fool

Linguini

Smash Master
Falco's don't camp enough. Simple as that. My best friend plays falco, and I pretty much beat him every single time...like 20 straight as marth, then he decides to just laser...now its like 50/50...or worse.
There is no one secret to the matchup unfortunately......for any matchup at that. Falco has two type of lasers: high and low, and depending on how they are lasering you can choose some basic options.

Against high lasers your going to be trying to approach him from under obviously. Waveland to uair, jab or tilt works wonder. Or you could just run in and uair. Against your standard shl if he's approaching you with then retreating fh fair counters well. DJ fairs are more useful in offensive situations. FH fiar oos ***** if they are nair happy.

Some more advanced stuff is uair oos--> waveland jab to techase or ****. Uair oos is really good at letting you get in that much needed offense.

Powershielding is good but not the key to the matchup.

I'm coming to sfl next weekend HOLLA AT ME

And blea stfu you dumb sp!c!!!!!

:cool:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, if they're approaching with aerials and you think they'll try to shield pressure with it, then it's often best to roll through them. you can kinda tell depending on their spacing. good spacies always want to pressure the backs of shields, so if you see them space their aerial to put the shine behind u, you may wanna go ahead and buffer the roll through. if you see them stay in front of you, they're ready for that roll, so you can either roll away, or get your shield DI ready for some pressure, and look for a grab opportunity.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Looks like someone is really determined to take down HungryBox. Found this post in the WATO 14.5 thread.

I lost to Zoro (0-2) and Linguini, gg's guys :) left when linguini and Hbox were in GFs
Let's cross our fingers and wish our fellow Ganon player the best, shall we.

Sorry, HBox. I'm kinda cheering more for the Ganon players, but good luck to you too tho.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Since I've gotten good at powershielding lasers, Falco's around here have started lasering at the top of my head instead of mid body like before. I find it sooo hard to powershield them now >:(
Also, I'm being shield pressured into rolling by Utilt. If he gets close enough to Utilt behind my shield, it seems like rolling is the only option...and so it's very easy to read. Am I missing something? I'm thinking I just need to be more careful with my spacing so that I don't end up in that situation.

Anyone else faced with this problem?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if your back is to them, i think you can sneak out a bair after you get pushed away enough to not get hit by the earlier frames of the move. Shield DI might help you get that extra space away, but i know from experience how hard it is to start moving ones shield without rolling/jumping out.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
ganon is clearly a powerhouse in teams, i was hoping for some insight on who ganon teams well with and ganons role in those teams. Any really good combinations aside from fox and pikachu (lol)? i like teaming with peach but i'm not sure if it really works as well as others. what do you guys think?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh ya Ganon/Peach is just ridiculous. In one moment, you can instantly do high dmg combos which puts the opponent in really **** positions. It's a really good momentum changer team.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
pretty much every aerial will be unpunishable as long as you L-cancel when connecting to IC's shield. just remember to jab afterwards if they decide to wave-dash out of shield after you hit their shield although i doubt they will reach you due to shield lag.

also, ganon hits hard enough to separate both Popo and nana, so you don't have to worry much about de-synching them

it's a relatively easy match-up as long as their spacings are not as good as wobbles or fly amanita.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
pretty much every aerial will be unpunishable as long as you L-cancel when connecting to IC's shield. just remember to jab afterwards if they decide to wave-dash out of shield after you hit their shield although i doubt they will reach you due to shield lag.

also, ganon hits hard enough to separate both Popo and nana, so you don't have to worry much about de-synching them

it's a relatively easy match-up as long as their spacings are not as good as wobbles or fly amanita.
Bizz, show me what you got at Genesis 2 bro

Divinokage

Smash Legend

He meant Team setups. What can Ganon/ICs do together that's really good. Like what does he have to watch out for, etc. I told him through FB a few things but, I'm not sure what to do. lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...i don't think IC's would wanna team with ganon. i don't think we can properly protect them. and they don't really get the kind of gimps or really fast high damage output that we can just kill off with a fair without good protection. i mean, two great players could make it work with good play overall, but i don't think it's the best hookup...

but i'm a nub lol.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Since I've gotten good at powershielding lasers, Falco's around here have started lasering at the top of my head instead of mid body like before. I find it sooo hard to powershield them now >:(
Also, I'm being shield pressured into rolling by Utilt. If he gets close enough to Utilt behind my shield, it seems like rolling is the only option...and so it's very easy to read. Am I missing something? I'm thinking I just need to be more careful with my spacing so that I don't end up in that situation.

Anyone else faced with this problem?
Like someone said earlier, with perfect timing you can up-b out of shield and **** the utilt pressure--or read it and buffer the roll before the utilt comes out on you. Always try to keep space with falco, and if they are going to aim for your head...just crouch--wavedash back, or whatever if they get too close. Sometimes you can screw with your opponent by eating the laser then uairing, or bairing. Have to do it perfect though.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
oops my bad,

ICs and Ganon will be a hard team to **** with. Against fast paced chars like space animals, it will be hard to coordinate together since they will keep you and your IC friend apart. And grabs won't work as well as in singles (for both of you guys( because they could save each other. Try not to have 1v1s in the team matches because faster paced chars can save each other quickly if it is the case, but, at the same time, ganon and ics will have a very hard time saving each other if either ganon or ics is in a dire situation.

but edge-guarding would be easy for you guys since ganon could just grab the ledge while ICs could just quickly d-smash without too much interruption when the recovering player lands on stage. you don't want to have popo or any ICs grab the ledge because ganon could hit nana off the stage while reverse u-air or b-air edgeguarding.

a good tactic for ICs and Ganon on stage would be for ICs to full-wavedash down-smash heavy characters in order for ganon to tech-chase them afterwards. grabbing really will not work for either ganon or ICs unless if only one member of the opposing team is remaining. Against a team with one/two floaty chars like puff and marth, you guys will have to b-air a lot and try your best to follow up with a connecting hit before the hit-stun wears out.

i hope this helps man

Top Bottom