• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Awesome Linguini! Dude that's legit.

Btw, I got payed a huge compliment today. I was at a tourney and playing in pools and some guy who was apparently impressed asked me "do you go by the nickname Linguini?"

Lol I took it as a high compliment.

Linguini

Smash Master
yeah england all the semi/finals matches were recorded; chain ace has the vids I think.

lol gvice thats how it starts bruh

I went all ganon, fox is mad boring, he's only fun for like 30 min haha

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah man, if that'll start me on that road then shoot I'll take it. When you and Spidersense coming to Arkansas to play me?

Vts

Smash Champion
Kage when you come to arkansas is it friday morning or night?

cus g.vice wants to play you and you'll be staying with me but if you come early friday then we can have a smash party somewhere and you can play all of arkansas :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage when you come to arkansas is it friday morning or night?

cus g.vice wants to play you and you'll be staying with me but if you come early friday then we can have a smash party somewhere and you can play all of arkansas :)
Umm I'm planning to get to the airport at like hopefully 2 pm or something, that should be enough time right? =)

Vts

Smash Champion
Umm I'm planning to get to the airport at like hopefully 2 pm or something, that should be enough time right? =)
yeah, did u wanna leave that night and just sleep in MO?

cus that would be best we leave arkansas around 7-8pm after diner get there around midnight-1 and sleep until 9-10 should be good enough sleep before tournament alright :)

also bring my son with you ;)
kirbykaze

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah, did u wanna leave that night and just sleep in MO?

cus that would be best we leave arkansas around 7-8pm after diner get there around midnight-1 and sleep until 9-10 should be good enough sleep before tournament alright :)

also bring my son with you ;)
kirbykaze
Ya sure I don't mind. That would be good to do that. Roadtrips are fun too. =) And then on sunday you'll be able to bring me back to the little rock airport? What would be the best time for me to go back around you think for you?

Vts

Smash Champion
Ya sure I don't mind. That would be good to do that. Roadtrips are fun too. =) And then on sunday you'll be able to bring me back to the little rock airport? What would be the best time for me to go back around you think for you?
when's your flight? cus i want you here about hour 30m before your flight leaves

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You can bet me and him will record Dave, don't you worry. I don't know if youtube will ever see them though, it depends on if I can keep it respectable =p

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah man, if that'll start me on that road then shoot I'll take it. When you and Spidersense coming to Arkansas to play me?
Prob. not arkansas, but colbol wants me to go to that MIST tournament so we can win teams. :cool:

If I end up going we will def. play. Kage I just was having fun/adapting to his style; by the start of the second set I had already figured him out.

I barely play anymore but I actually got a lot better over the past month or so, maybe it's from playing other characters but I feel like I can adapt mid-match now and I rarely get nervous anymore.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Prob. not arkansas, but colbol wants me to go to that MIST tournament so we can win teams. :cool:

If I end up going we will def. play. Kage I just was having fun/adapting to his style; by the start of the second set I had already figured him out.

I barely play anymore but I actually got a lot better over the past month or so, maybe it's from playing other characters but I feel like I can adapt mid-match now and I rarely get nervous anymore.
Win teams huh? You won't beat Axe and I, hehehe. =P Though the not getting nervous part is pretty important once you can just focus on your opponent and that's it.. that's when you can unleash your true potential.

spider_sense

Smash Champion

There ain't no ****ing vids! Lying *** punk. Nah just playing, but trying to find them. Does anybody know the handle Chain-Ace uses?

@ G. Vice - I rarely travel outside my own region. I was hoping to go Genesis 2, but family/life johns got in the way, however I want to go to the next ROM, since I have family in NY. So try to come there, and we'll get in all the G-dorf dittos you can handle.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There ain't no ****ing vids! Lying *** punk. Nah just playing, but trying to find them. Does anybody know the handle Chain-Ace uses?

@ G. Vice - I rarely travel outside my own region. I was hoping to go Genesis 2, but family/life johns got in the way, however I want to go to the next ROM, since I have family in NY. So try to come there, and we'll get in all the G-dorf dittos you can handle.
RoM 4 huh? Well if there's a big tournament in NY or NJ, I'll always be around, it doesn't cost much for me to get there.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
RoM 4 huh? Well if there's a big tournament in NY or NJ, I'll always be around, it doesn't cost much for me to get there.
Nice, I'll finally get a chance to murk that ***.

Chain ace uses "atlnorthmelee" on YouTube. It is a shared channel for all atl north tourneys, prog, Twebb among others use it as well.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Do you know when the recent vids will be uploaded?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Just something I came up with. You guys ever thought about reverse uair against peach?
it's hard, but possible. i was doing it to dop quite a bit, but i also missed a ton. challenging the umbrella is hard, and i think she has a perfect sweetspot that even reverse uair cant catch. but she's usually not recovering low due to DI, so yeah...stuff.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
it's hard, but possible. i was doing it to dop quite a bit, but i also missed a ton. challenging the umbrella is hard, and i think she has a perfect sweetspot that even reverse uair cant catch. but she's usually not recovering low due to DI, so yeah...stuff.
In that case, use a spaced dair behind the umbrella.. =P

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
I thought retreating fair was the best way to edgeguard her umbrella. Also what are the best ways to stop a Jigglypuff from camping you. I was noobish enough to take one to Kongo and it was terrible. If they ban Yoshi's FoD is probably the best stage. And when I say camping I don't mean spamming bairs I mean running away until 2 minutes.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
You don't really aim for the umbrella because of the trade, instead you need to aim for her directly towards her boobs.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
When I get my RN and I can start traveling, I plan on taking you up on that offer Dave. If the offer still stands :)

I'll have to come up one week when you're laid off and we can get some awesome dittos

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, he was asking about reverse uair, so i was assuming he meant a tipman, which would need to hit the top of something considering the true tipmans hitbox. a top half uair would work i guess, but you'd get better knockback with a bair if you're gonna hit something sideways, so you may as well space that instead.

Linguini

Smash Master
Nah, you can hit her every time if you time the tipman perfectly. It is kinda weird sometimes though; I recommend full jump reverse uairing to avoid the umbrella sometimes, but you have to learn the full jump timing first.

Against jiggs reverse uair(a la tipman) is actually useful, I was using this against hbox a few weeks ago. You can mix that up with dj bairs and more uairs. FD is prob my least favorite stage against her and I like fd a lot in general, I just like dropping from above with aerials to counter her WoP, and platforms allow me to do that.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I just haaaaaate getting techchased with rest on platforms lol. I like having room to space my aerials too. Usually I love platforms though

Top Bottom