• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So I found out the other day that Kage is coming to Arkansas of all places to ride to a tourney in Missouri with my crewmate.

We are going to be recording considerable amounts of Ganon dittos. I'm so stoked to play the guy!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. I got 7th place today at the tournament using Ganon. Axe, and Light, the best peach in the USA also attended the tournament. =)
Nice job Ian.

ganon, didn't bother with fox this tournament. fox got pretty damn boring after a month or so of playing him lol

should be vids up of me vs uberice and juan soon
Glad you could make it out there man.

Wait a minute, you finally decided to go ALL Ganon at the one tournament I couldn't make it out to?!
*flips table* :mad:

Linguini

Smash Master
nothing vs druggedfox? i'm sad...i really wanna see how you deal with a falco like his...

ah well, i'm developing my own style, but i know we have similar stances on how the spacies should be fought.
It's not so much as style, as it is just what works and what doesn't.

He went fox against me.....it was like third game of the day for me so it it took me a a couple matches to get used to him. At this point I like fighting fox almost as much as falco.

It says Ganon/Fox in the results though..
Those results were inaccurate

i'll be at the no johns next week and im teaming with cactuar, should be fun

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
went to a tourney the other day. only 8 melee entrants. i lost to PP and his little brother, twitch. which means i did okay i guess. thats about as good as i couldve expected to do. I still wanna see how far i can take ganon, but theres still a sort of overall outlook that's kind of like yeah...i might stop playing soon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
went to a tourney the other day. only 8 melee entrants. i lost to PP and his little brother, twitch. which means i did okay i guess. thats about as good as i couldve expected to do. I still wanna see how far i can take ganon, but theres still a sort of overall outlook that's kind of like yeah...i might stop playing soon.
Well if you want to prove yourself then you gotta go to those huge tournaments. It would suck to see you leave after all that you've said, it gets me hyper... but if you leave then all that will mean nothing right now. =(

What's this overall outlook?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that ganon is too slow to have real options against people who know how to fight him.

and that i don't really enjoy any other characters.

and NC has been really weak for competitive smash (outside of pp/twitch).

G. Vice

Smash Lord
that ganon is too slow to have real options against people who know how to fight him.

and that i don't really enjoy any other characters.

and NC has been really weak for competitive smash (outside of pp/twitch).
I also went to a tourney this weekend with about 35 melee entrants. I got 3rd, losing to IHSB(who actually I put in losers and he beat me in losers finals) and Darkatma's sheik. Which is a really solid sheik player. He 3-1'ed me in WF. But it gives me more motivation to try to overcome the bad matchups, although initially it's depressing. But as Ganon, even if you don't win you can still turn heads. Keep your head up bro.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Turning those heads is pretty tough still. You gotta beat these guys where it counts!!
Winning tourneys with Ganon is very hard. I think turning heads something that Ganon does well. Because honestly for the most part unless you're really well known, people don't expect much from Ganons. And even if you don't win, but you make them sweat? People's heads start turning and a crowd can gather around you. I think it's funny when the Ganon loses the match, and then people talk about the ganon player instead of the person that won the match lol

But yeah, it'd be better to actually win the match I suppose...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Chris man I feel you on the NC smash issue. I wish you could play dorsey and I more often, that would def. revive your Ganon spirit.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yo jason can you like travel or something and show this kids ganon. **** man you live in the shadows or something lol.

Emillio come back down to sfl sometime man I been trying to get back into the game. Whoa glad to see you said **** fox and stuck to ganon.

And **** you for putting me sheik in your combo video ****ing jit xD

Mad respect as usual though

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, Emilio embarrassed my Doc in that video, lol.
Btw Emilio, it seems Kris and Mo are letting me crash at their place now that I'm homeless and all. So I'll probably be right around the corner from where you were living in Gainesville more often now.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
new ganon tech.

when you waveland off a platform, you can actually turn around as you fall off. it's not like wavelanding short and running off. you have to input the direction twice before you get off the platform. so now, if you start with your back to the edge to waveland off, you can actually fall offstage with a fair, and lose no speed. This is great, because i know i'm more comfortable with offstage wavelands with my back to the edge. if i miss the initial waveland, i will still catch the edge because i'm in line for it. but now, i can start with my back to the edge, turn around when i leave the platform, and choose an aerial.

on stage we like to run away, jump on a platform and waveland off for a quick bair. now if we want, we can be running away, waveland off that platform, turn around during the waveland and come forward with a fair or a ff-uair.

playing with phanna makes you look for anything cool lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i see it...and i approve.

only real thing i've done with it was waveland off and did the forward facing dair instead of the back. a little ironic since the heel has a better hitbox, but it just felt good to switch around and face my opponent during a waveland, and then stomp.

ace so you know, it was in a ganon ditto vs jim. that guy is so fun to play against while green. even better to play with on teams. more team combos than you could imagine lol. i was getting nair popups hehehe

Superspright

Smash Lord
On Battlefield you can waveland off of the two lower platforms toward the edge and edge-cancel an aerial on the ledge [uair\bair\nair if you're fast enough]. Assuming you FF as soon as you leave the platform then mash away from the stage. Takes some practice--but you can do bair, then grab the ledge. Or just simply FF off and you'll slip onto the ledge. But whatever. No one listens to me ;.;

Divinokage

Smash Legend
On Battlefield you can waveland off of the two lower platforms toward the edge and edge-cancel an aerial on the ledge [uair\bair\nair if you're fast enough]. Assuming you FF as soon as you leave the platform then mash away from the stage. Takes some practice--but you can do bair, then grab the ledge. Or just simply FF off and you'll slip onto the ledge. But whatever. No one listens to me ;.;
What are you talking about, no one listens to you? lol. I ledge cancel stuff sometimes but certainly not all the time.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
word chris. jim is pretty much my favorite smasher lol, I love playing him.

superspright is right about that waveland to edge cancel, it's situational but it can be useful. I also like to waveland off a low platform on bf or ys into bair/uair and then dj waveland off the stage into another uair/bair, good for surprising people occasionally.

Superspright

Smash Lord
On FoD if the platform is yoshi's story height or a little lower you can ledgejump->mash toward stage then edge-cancel any aerial so long as you don't FF. And, on PS you can edge-cancel an aerial then gerudo to the other side and edge-cancel again so long as you do it right. I like to do that sometimes if I edge-cancel a fair or something so I can get to the ledge-quicker. Seems difficult to do consistently though. I just like flashy crap.

But, I do think that edge-canceled dairs are great. Edge-canceled dair to uair off a platform is priceless. Puts them off stage usually. I've been doing it a lot. And, I noticed a lot of Ganons like to hop at the edge to scare the opponent into thinking they will waveland into something, or use an aerial. I basically do that as well, but I edge-cancel more when edge-guarding. Mainly dair then another, or fair/bair. Another dair is death. Because they'll be mashing jump/up-b into it 90% of the time and recovery is ez.

I've been trying to use the edge-cancels mainly for edgeguarding and trying to make dair safer and to bait with it a lil. Sometimes my opponent sees the dair, rushes in to punish the ending lag and I just uair/bair. But, I don't think most people fall for that kind of crap.

You can do the same edge cancel on DL and FoD depending on plat height.
Timing for those isn't as tight. The second you leave the platform you FF. It's tighter, and hella faster.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I did both. I rewatched about 10 times. Its very small but pikachu does skip forward as does the time. Its a minor skip. Ganon did a dj backwards landed and shielded. I'm mobile but I think I remember pikachu dashing forward then doing uair. There's a skip almost immediately as ganon jumps, watch pikachu closely

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
You're wrong. It's not a video problem. =/

Pikachu does not skip. How would Ganon's skipped frames be so noticeable and Pikachu's not?
I've counted out loud (lol) with the timer...no skip.
If you listen to the music, there's no skip there either.

Ganon has been known to do silly stuff like this when he's hit at the top of his upB, but I've never seen it with a double jump.

Linguini

Smash Master
Hmmmm that video is skipping a very little but there was still something weird about how I landed on the platform, although it wasn't as sudden as how it looks., I actually remember that happening and thinking "sweet, instant recovery" lol

BTW won a tourney in jersey today, lost to harriettheguy in winners and beat him back in losers finals, then beat eggm in 2 GF sets

Top Bottom