• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Pauwnch and not kill yourself - how to play falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Man The Knee Was Not Nerfed Yall Just Don't Know How To Use It.
do you mean me?

no man it was not. it still kills around that %
and also, the knee is nerfed, denying that is stupid. Sorry, but I can't think of another way of telling you that.
If the knee was still what it was in melee, falcon would never be bottom of bottom.
and the lack of L-cancel hurts the knee too.

Zeallyx

Update ( dec 24, 08 < My birthday :D)
I added a section to the Dair's section, about how it can slow down your upward momentum after beeing knocked upward.

Player-3

Smash Hero
DAIR

2-offstage
Dair is a pretty good spike. So it can be used for spiking effectively. It also has a new feature in brawl: The upper part of falcon's body sends the opponent flying horizontally. It has pretty good knockback this way, so it can also be used to gimp the opponent by sending them sideways.
Should be NIPPLES.

Zeallyx

UPDATE (26 dec o8)
Added two sections to the Knee's section
one explaining how to land after the knee without lag faster
and one explaining about the IASA frames on the knee's ending lag.

Added A section to the Dair's section
explaining the uses of the IASA frames on falcon's Dair's ending lag.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
THe answer to your name, knee, is yes!

Knee 'em all teh way.

I find sh back air jump back air easy to pull off at low percents.

2 b-airs before you land.

Zeallyx

In the grab section you should add the kind of CG when you grab someone and F throw him against a wall doing it over and over.
Yes, I could add this, as it seems usefull. But I'm not quite convinced about it's usefullness as it requires a wall, and almost perfect positioning, so I don't see so many use for it in competitive play, as this is very very situational (as I see it):)

Zeallyx

UPDATE
I added some pictures (given to me by noodlehead, so he gets full credit for them)

I also added a contents table (suggested by face124, wich is, offcourse, a good addition)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Great Guide! I was looking through it and is there an in depth guide to the LC Falcon kick? I think it might be a great idea to have a thread dedicated to where to perform LC falcon kicks with picture to go with it.

Zeallyx

Update (28 dec 08)
I added the damage each move does to each of the moves sections (I tested this all myself, so it is tested and correct:))
All moves now have the damage percent they do in their section.

I will now work on adding the frames each move takes. (I will add the info of each move to the moves own section.)

Zeallyx

Update (29 dec 08)
I added a section to the falcon kick showing the positioning for ledge canceling the falcon kick without hitting your opponent (! Pictures provided by kupo15!)

Fitty

Smash Cadet
hmm not a fan of c. falcon so it remains a question for me.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Really good guide ToKnee =)
I've been using all of it and it's worked out really well for me. Do you think that we (you haha) should add the new combos we find. Like n-air->f-tilt and so on.

Player-3

Smash Hero
TKONTK, dunno if youve found this

but if your on battlefield standing on one of the middle platforms, you can go to the far edge of it, face towards the other side of the stage and do a falcon kick, and it will ledge cancel at the other side without hitting anyone, just found it messing around taunting my friend after killing him and was like wow that could be useful for mindgaming recovering enemys into a knee

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you

but if your on battlefield standing on one of the middle platforms, you can go to the far edge of it, face towards the other side of the stage and do a falcon kick, and it will ledge cancel at the other side without hitting anyone, just found it messing around taunting my friend after killing him and was like wow that could be useful for mindgaming recovering enemys into a knee
I've used this before, its very useful when at the very begining you start in the position to do it. Against opponents who charge attacks at the begining of a match you can do LC FK > they AD > buffer turn around jab. Its not a true combo, but it works for me.

And its known you can LC and FK without hitting an enemy, sorry.

Zeallyx

Yes, using LC as an edguard or for mindgames is one of the LC's best uses:)
and you can LC on every ledge in theory (some ledges don't have enough ground before them, wich makes a ledge cancel impossible though) but most ledges are LCable:)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Sonic boards have a guide AND an index thread stickied. Seriously, when you're new and you wanna learn Falcon, you'll look for a guide, not a index thread and you want that guide to be on top.

Zeallyx

Sonic boards have a guide AND an index thread stickied. Seriously, when you're new and you wanna learn Falcon, you'll look for a guide, not a index thread and you want that guide to be on top.
THIS^ is exactly what I've been trying to tell all of you >.<

Prez08

Smash Apprentice
Does it matter? The guides are in the index thread so.. >_< And when your new to the falcon boards, most likely you would look at all the stickies first

Zeallyx

Does it matter? The guides are in the index thread so.. >_< And when your new to the falcon boards, most likely you would look at all the stickies first
thats not true, almost no one looks at all the stickies.
It's more likely for a new swf user to look over the stickies, not see a guide, and will then make his/her own thread or post in the Q&A.
Making the guides die

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
When I joined SWF I didn't read all stickies. I read the stickied guide, watched the vids in there, learnt the style, joined the boards and slowly read the threads/stickies. This need to be THE guide for newcomers.

Prez08

Smash Apprentice
I guess im a minority then. Well, the topic of the index thread is

"The Captain Falcons Boards Index - Look Here Before posting, newcomers!"

Maybe that last part will grab attention?

EDIT: I just think it's more organized this way. But you guys do have a point.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I don't think it will. 70% of the newcomers tend to think newcomer = noob. They don't think they are noobs and therefore like to avoid the thread, searching themselves.

Zeallyx

I guess im a minority then. Well, the topic of the index thread is

"The Captain Falcons Boards Index - Look Here Before posting, newcomers!"

Maybe that last part will grab attention?

EDIT: I just think it's more organized this way. But you guys do have a point.
you are not a minority. Alot of people wanted that the index thread was made.

Another 'problem' is, that the falcon boards is not the quickest (most alive) board on swf. Because of this, and the creation of possible new threads asking for info and maybe (even) spam threads (who will be made regardless of there beeing an index thread or not) The guides will be on the 4+ page in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom