• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Pauwnch and not kill yourself - how to play falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prez08

Smash Apprentice
you are not a minority. Alot of people wanted that the index thread was made.

Another 'problem' is, that the falcon boards is not the quickest (most alive) board on swf. Because of this, and the creation of possible new threads asking for info and maybe (even) spam threads (who will be made regardless of there beeing an index thread or not) The guides will be on the 4+ page in no time.
I mean im a minority in lookin at the stickies as a newcomer.

We have a Q&A thread for info. And in a way, the guides will always be stickied because the index thread is stickied, and the guides are in the index thread. If im not responding correctly to your rebuttal, i apologize.

I don't think it will. 70% of the newcomers tend to think newcomer = noob..
i wanna no how u came up with that <_<

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I mean im a minority in lookin at the stickies as a newcomer.

We have a Q&A thread for info. And in a way, the guides will always be stickied because the index thread is stickied, and the guides are in the index thread. If im not responding correctly to your rebuttal, i apologize.
In a way, yes, they'll 'always be stickied'.
But the guides will not be looked at as much as when they were simply stickied themselves.

Prez08

Smash Apprentice
In a way, yes, they'll 'always be stickied'.
But the guides will not be looked at as much as when they were simply stickied themselves.
That can and can't be the case. A newcomer wanting to learn Falcon will most likely read the guides carefully and post suggestions or questions About the guide. A newcomer may also skip the guides and go straight to all the threads in the index.

Imo the point of the index was to prevent from having so many stickies (more organized). It has it's ups and downs, but it's for the better. We can also change it in the future if it doesnt work out.

Zeallyx

Update ( 1 jan 09)
The first update of 09:)
I added alot of pictures to alot of sections
for example, I made pictures of the grab release>arials on the characters they are possible on (as far as known) just to visualize what is meant:)
for the rest of the pictures I added, just see for yourself:bee:

Roager

Smash Ace
Quick fix, either now or your next update, you put the same picture twice under nair.

Zeallyx

Quick fix, either now or your next update, you put the same picture twice under nair.
oh jeez>.< thanks:)
I'll fix it right now:)

Edit: fixed:) and thanks again for pointing that out

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
As an edge guard
When the opponent tries to recover, an offstage falcon punch could finish the job. The timing needs to be just right though. The falcon punch is alot less punishable offstage, but remember to only use the falcon punch before your second jump, or else you probably won't make it back to the stage yourself.
When TKNOTK makes a promise he fullfills it.

Zeallyx

Wait. Why is this unstickied!?
Because everyone thinks only an index thread will suffice >.<
I say sticky all guides, like several other character boards have done (guides + index thread)

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Well i guess if you guys want the guides stickied then you can. Its going to give more frozen space to the page though.

But i think you are the only one who does. Everyone else seems to want the index up there in stead.

I really don' care anymore. Power to the ppl i guess.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
The grab release - Knee and Uair is great. This is a great read for an up and coming Falcon main. Thanks. :)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Thanks, I really learnt a lot because of this thread:)
^^ this is why it shouldn't be stickied......... all people can do to reply to it is say if it helped or not, hence why our first guide was so fail.

other boards can get away with having an index and guides stickied because their boards are active......there are like less than 5 people on these boards who play a competitive Falcon (FYI a competitive Falcon is a Falcon who places well in offline tournaments with respected players)

hope that answers your sticky question knee

Player-3

Smash Hero
^^ this is why it shouldn't be stickied......... all people can do to reply to it is say if it helped or not, hence why our first guide was so fail.

other boards can get away with having an index and guides stickied because their boards are active......there are like less than 5 people on these boards who play a competitive Falcon (FYI a competitive Falcon is a Falcon who places well in offline tournaments with respected players)

im attempting to be a competitive falcon

=D

just gotta work on the...
placing well part..

Zeallyx

..The replies it gets aren't important..
Its about people seeing it.

this guide (and all guides) will get more views when stickied.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
..The replies it gets aren't important..
Its about people seeing it.

this guide (and all guides) will get more views when stickied.
People see it anyways. This thing is getting bumped by people all the time. Every time i come to the boards the name of this thread is in bold. People will see it. So yeah, the replies are important b/c of the bumps they give.

Zeallyx

People see it anyways. This thing is getting bumped by people all the time. Every time i come to the boards the name of this thread is in bold. People will see it. So yeah, the replies are important b/c of the bumps they give.
Actually, not so long ago was the first time this got bumped in a long time.
And the replies shouldn't matter, as it should be on the first page at all times, as stickied.

But w/e, the index thread is there, and I don't see that changing.
I heard my guide wasn't as good as some others, so I guess if it doesn't get views/replies when in the index thread, I guess it didn't deserve the views/replies in the first place.

To be honest, I don't really care anymore. The people who see it, cool, the people who don't, that's fine.

I know the things my guide contains anyway :p

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Actually, not so long ago was the first time this got bumped in a long time.
And the replies shouldn't matter, as it should be on the first page at all times, as stickied.

But w/e, the index thread is there, and I don't see that changing.
I heard my guide wasn't as good as some others, so I guess if it doesn't get views/replies when in the index thread, I guess it didn't deserve the views/replies in the first place.

To be honest, I don't really care anymore. The people who see it, cool, the people who don't, that's fine.

I know the things my guide contains anyway :p

Your guide is really good. It explains a lot, thoroughly.

Consider whatever is in the index is stickied. Its like a collection of stickies for newcomers. Your guide deserves to be in there.

*Bump for knowledge*

.Marik

is a social misfit
Holy Christ I can't believe how much **** this Falcon thread is.

Complete sex. <3

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Knee, this is a great guide and you're a huge contributor to the Falcon boards...but people skills, not so much. thanks all the same.

ChibiPichu

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh*

What a beauty this thread here is, probably puts my old thread out of use

Oh, I have a suggestion though, on the smashes, do they do more damage when charged up?
If they do, I'll test and give the numbers from their lowest output to their max, if you wanted
I just can't remember after during a night without sleeping...

I'll also just transfer whatever data I have about the Falcon Kick that you might not have, but you seem to have everything covered (didn't you mention a fourth knockback for the ground kick when you made that combo thread?)

Edit: Thanks for Clarifying Sacr3d

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
*Sigh*

What a beauty this thread here is, probably puts my old thread out of use

Oh, I have a suggestion though, on the smashes, do they do more damage when charged up?
If they do, I'll test and give the numbers from their lowest output to their max, if you wanted
I just can't remember after during a night without sleeping...

I'll also just transfer whatever data I have about the Falcon Kick that you might not have, but you seem to have everything covered (didn't you mention a fourth knockback for the ground kick when you made that combo thread?)
Yeah he did. Only Ness's smashes(Down Smash and Up Smash/ Yo-yo smashes) have unchanging knockback and damage when charged, while everyone else has a natural increase in damage and knockback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom