• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many mains do you have?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Melee, I main Ganondorf and Fox.

Brawl, I'm looking for new characters to use since I decided my old ones sucked. I used to main Meta Knight, Wolf, and R.O.B. But now I'm practicing with Mario, Sheik, Falco, and Mr. GW.

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
i main three... DK, IC's, and recently GW. I continuously am picking up new people tho and find it more fun to switch around and play different characters. It's def the most profitable, winning wise, to stick with one or two only tho. Only one if you choose MK.

Luccie

Smash Cadet
I main Lucario, but I play with Sonic sometimes, and I play as Captain Falcon on Wi-Fi until I see that the group doesn't taunt :D (Although I taunt with Sonic too)

PsytricSword

Smash Cadet
Eh, Just Lucas. I tried maining Ness, but the control feels wierd.

I second Marth, not just because he's high tier, but I need a good short ranged fighter. And marth's attacks combo nicely. :D

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite new so I'm still choosing who my mains could be but I know it is possibly 1-3 of this list:

C.Falcon
Bowser
Pit
Link
Toon Link
Snake
Sonic
ROB (unlikely)
Wario
Falco
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers

As I said I'm relatively new and so still aren't sure....any help in how I could decide which few to focus on?

Mr. Wonderful

Smash Cadet
One. Because main would = character you use the most, not characters.

main
adj.
1. Most important; principal.
2. Exerted to the utmost; sheer: by main strength.

One of my pet peeves. "I have 2082973987 mains!"

no you don't.

You have one. You just like to play as others. At a competitive level, you have one main, and then usually a secondary for CPS, although it is possible to have more then one secondary, you by no means have 5 or 6.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
My Real Mains:

- Ganondorf
- DK
- Wolf

I play Ganondorf all the time (Ganondorf is my real main) and sometimes DK and Wolf to practice.

I think if you Main certain character that you're a quite dedicated player to him, its possible to this character be your Real Main.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Maybe 3 proper mains : Kirby, Zelda, and Falco. But as Mr. Wonderful pointed out, a main is single, so the latter 2 fall into main/secondaries.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
One. Because main would = character you use the most, not characters.

main
adj.
1. Most important; principal.
2. Exerted to the utmost; sheer: by main strength.

One of my pet peeves. "I have 2082973987 mains!"

no you don't.

You have one. You just like to play as others. At a competitive level, you have one main, and then usually a secondary for CPS, although it is possible to have more then one secondary, you by no means have 5 or 6.
"One. Because main would = character you use the most, not characters.

You're Pretty Right.

Some people say that Main 5 characters... but, the question is, Whats your real main?

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
if by main you mean, knows alots about or just good with.

good with
:lucario::snake::warioc::luigi2::ike::kirby2::fox:

knows alots about (secondary)
:pit::yoshi2::jigglypuff::marth::link2::lucas:

yeah imah trying to main all so in tournys I can use matchups to win (but that will take a real frickin long time...)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Your MAIN is only one character.

Someone explained this well somewhere, but I forgot where.

You cannot really have multiple MAIN.

You can have multiple secondaries though.

Splice

Smash Hero
What if you used two characters equally? And just can't choose?
As a word, no, you can't have more than one main, but in brawl some people <3 more then one character a lot.

Regardless i ONLY USE Mr.Game and Watch in tournaments.
So i guess that makes my secondaries 'fun' characters.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Main:

:shiek:

Secondaries:

:zelda: :lucas:

If I'm warming up, I'll pretty much play as anyone. I'm trying pick up ZSS at the moment as a secondary. We'll see how that goes. :p

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Your MAIN is only one character.

Someone explained this well somewhere, but I forgot where.

You cannot really have multiple MAIN.

You can have multiple secondaries though.
What if you used two characters equally? And just can't choose?
well in that case it would have to be cario and fox as my mains since i really cant decide and all the others are mah secondarys.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
see: signature.

yep. if it popped up.
just right there. stupid sig.

ugh. fine.

Main: :mario2:

Secondaries: :peach:, :falco:, :marth: :jigglypuff:, :ness2:.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Main: :peach:

Secondary: :zerosuitsamus:

Tertiary: :jigglypuff:

I want to try and make a sig with them all together, make it look nice and label it 'The Deadly Trio'. However, due to my lack of artistic talent, I'm unable to do it and make it look good. :(

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Main
:metaknight:

Secondaries
:falco:
:039:
:mario:
:mewtwo:

Other Characters I'm Getting Good with in a Slow, Easy Manner (aka, I just started these characters last week out of sheer boredom)
:dk2:
:shiek:

Sirami

Smash Cadet
Mains:

Marth (though I get slaughtered by MK)
ROB
Snake

Seconds:
Pit
Falco
G&W

I've considered sinking more time into DK and Wario, but haven't gotten around to it.

Underload

Lazy
I have two real mains, 1 secondary, and 2 projects.

Snake and Diddy Kong are my best characters, and I've put the most time into them.

I've neglected practicing Wario, but I've used him a lot more lately so now I consider him a secondary.

I picked Dedede and Pokemon Trainer up for serious play last Sunday. Both are shaping up well.

I'm gonna try to make every single on of those characters mains someday. Eh, we'll see.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
64: I use almost wholly :link2: and on occasion as a secondary main would use :fox2: the rest are ones I use for fun.

Melee: I almost Whole-Hartedly use :link2: and then as a second use :fox: and a third :roymelee: fourth and on :yoshi2: :falcon: :marth: and :ganondorf:

Brawl: Many characters have changed so much I had to rearrange all my characters.
Now I main :lucas: as a second is :wolf: than :diddy: after that I would go for :toonlink: Link no longer is good enough to main, I use all characters but obviously some a lot more than others, I also quite enjoy using :ganondorf: :bowser2: and :lucario:

Top Bottom