• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many mains do you have?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Fox and Diddy. Maining only two people helps me focus more and get better. Even then, most of my attention is towards Fox. I'm working on getting a solid Fox before I start working on my Diddy.

bribri123123

Smash Ace
Fox and Diddy. Maining only two people helps me focus more and get better. Even then, most of my attention is towards Fox. I'm working on getting a solid Fox before I start working on my Diddy.
Wow, two semi-hard characters to master XD

Majora's Incarnation

Smash Cadet
I main Olimar, and secondary Zero Suit Samus.

I'm kind of drawn to characters with high/semi-high learning curves.

I can use many other characters decently as well.

(But not ICs and Peach, I can't stand using either of them =/)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, my two definite mains are Kirby and Mario, but Random is slowly starting to get up there (Random?! Lol wut?).

Seconds:

Random
Ganon
Yoshi
MK
Fox
Sonic
Link
Lucas
etc.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe I know. I just have way too much fun playing characters that aren't Falco or Samus :laugh:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Im still confused on how you have more than one "true" main

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It's physically impossible to have more then 2 mains because then your not mainly using anyone. Instead you get six characters that your decent at but no mains.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
got 3 mains, IC - Fox - R.O.B.

Its good to have mains that are not similar to each other. that way ur ready to play your opponent with a somewhat counter pick all the time... :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I have four. Kirby/IC's/MK/Sheik, in that order. Pikachu and Dedede are my backups (<3 chaingrabbing)

Stev

Smash Ace
I have four. Kirby/IC's/MK/Sheik, in that order. Pikachu and Dedede are my backups (<3 chaingrabbing)
If its in that order, then wouldn't kirby be your main and everyone else be your secondary? You can't prioritize your mains. Why do you think "secondary" is a term. No one can also have more than 3 mains. 3 is REALLY pushing it, and 2 is acceptable. Everyone else is a secondary.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
i main alot, i get bored if i use the same character over and over again.
Ness
Kirby
Captain Falcon
IC
MK
Marth
Toon Link
and sometimes Lucas

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Wouldn't those all be secondaries though? A main is someone you use consistently, so it's basically impossible to have more than three.

I've played like half the roster for a couple of days each, but I've only stuck with two. I'm competent enough with the other 10, but they aren't that fun for me so I don't want to try to actually learn them.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not really. A main is someone you have the most knowledge of, and use more than anyone else. I can tell you almost anything about 20 characters, because I've used them all very often these past few months.

I have plenty of secondaries, but I use them without ever checking the character threads. My 8 mains are the ones that I learn everything about.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I main Peach and I play with her the most of the time. I won't get really bored of her.

But I still like secondaries. I second Zelda xd.

And then I'm trying to learn Zero Suit Samus, Ness and Sheik. I'm okay with Zero Suit Samus, but I suck badly with Ness and Sheik ><

bribri123123

Smash Ace
If you (Yaaay) want to play as ZSS, you have to learn how to tether. If you dont know what that is its when Link/TL (etc) use their grab to grab on the ledge when they are falling. Once you can tether good you can pwn with her :D

daisho

Smash Lord
I think that you can main as many characters as you want, but if you main someone then you pretty much have to know all their matchups and be able to do all their ATs consistently. So sure, you can have 6 mains, it may mean you play brawl every day for 5 hours but its possible...

My main is DK. I picked up kirby for his matchup vs DDD. Pickachu and lucas are really fun for me. Marth is awesoe=me (except for your horrible recovery!) And I would like to bring wario up as a second main cause hes that cool. Basically My real main is DK and i would use him against any matchup (except maybe ddd).

bribri123123

Smash Ace
Well, there is a thread that shows how long it takes to main someone, but I dont remember where it it. But it is not impossible...

Top Bottom