• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Captain Falcon the worst character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mith_

Smash Champion
When Luigi's fireball can cancel out his Falcon Punch/Kick hitbox you should know something is wrong.

In other words he was 0 priority.

muffinsanyone

Smash Rookie
captin flacon is aweome
hes not the best but i can think of so many worse and better people

yoshi
jiggly
ness
dedede
diddy

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
actually everyone is better than captain falcon.he just has really bad match ups,low priority,and his range isnt all that great

Smash Apprentice
I think nobody has really mastered him yet.
Look, there are like 500 million metaknight and snake players that play at tournaments, how many falcon players are tehre playing falcon at tournaments?
It's just not developing all that fast.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Falcon isn't the worst character. You want to take a look at "the worst" characters? Ness, Lucas, and Yoshi are ultimately doomed because they have the absolute WORST recoveries in the game. Anyone can gimp them. And Sonic is a CF-wannabe.

So THERE!

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Look, there are like 500 million metaknight and snake players that play at tournaments, how many falcon players are tehre playing falcon at tournaments?
i have taken Falcon to tournaments, he's really bad, not as bad as one would think because the ridiculous combo's we know are escapable are possible at tournies. Nobody really knows Falcon, but they do know he has crap priority, which triggers them to treat falcon like a sandbag.......................................

believe me guys brawl doesn't go very far into the competitive scene, I thought it would be obvious by now to people (really tripping in a fighting game?? sounds a little scrub-friendly).

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
I suppose i could say i sorta mastered him lol,
But, i really dont know what to say.
I main him and he seems perfectly fine to me if you know how to play him right.
This thread might bring up a pressing arguement,so remember, no flaming. :)

jyuuberu

Smash Journeyman
captin flacon is aweome
hes not the best but i can think of so many worse and better people

yoshi
jiggly
ness
dedede
diddy
Yoshi has the crazy chain grabs
Jiggly has the offstage pressure and ability to recover, rising pound saves most of your jumps
Ness has range over falcon aka projectiles, granted if a ness were to neutral b they would get punished by falcon's dash speed and approach
DDD has chaingrabs and 5 jumps and a projectile.
Diddy has bananas. Nuff said

Falcon isn't the worst character. You want to take a look at "the worst" characters? Ness, Lucas, and Yoshi are ultimately doomed because they have the absolute WORST recoveries in the game. Anyone can gimp them. And Sonic is a CF-wannabe.

So THERE!
Yoshi's double jump beats falcon's jump and recovery. super armor during the first few frames and crazy height.

And ness and lucas don't allow me to stay on the edge after my invincibility frames have expired.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I was the only one at my tourney who was playing Falcon. I feel sad but somewhat liberated. :ohwell:

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Why? Im starting to realize he really SHOUDLNT be dead last.

If you actually take time to look at him instead of saying what everyone else says..

"Priority"
"range"
etc.... who cares?

how about
"speed"
"combos"
"edge guarding"?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman

So THERE!
HEY HEY shut your mouth, your just too slow!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Why? Im starting to realize he really SHOUDLNT be dead last.

If you actually take time to look at him instead of saying what everyone else says..

"Priority"
"range"
etc.... who cares?

how about
"speed"
"combos"
"edge guarding"?
Combos in brawl?.....
Anyhow,Falcon sucks because of 0 priority,mediocre range,lack of good kill moves(the knee sucks) and especially:No hitstun.
Falcon was a beast in Melee because he could combo the **** out of anyone.And all combos were finished with the epic Knee.But Braw has no hitstun so:
Falcon has nothing.Add horrible matchups versus a lot of the cast(Meta vs Falcon is a sad,sad ****).Yep,Falcon is the worst character.A shame because he was amazing in Melee.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Man, I can hardly take this thread seriously. Then again, probably 90% of the people here don't even main Falcon in the first place.

You know, you CAN make Falcon not the worst. Finding a scape goat isn't going to work

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Man, I can hardly take this thread seriously. Then again, probably 90% of the people here don't even main Falcon in the first place.

You know, you CAN make Falcon not the worst. Finding a scape goat isn't going to work
Secondary >_> Thats only because Im a Sonic fanboy if I wasn;t Falcon would be my main and Sonic second.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice

So THERE!

LOL.

Ness has one of the highest second jumps in the game and Lucas has Zap Jumping which makes him have one of the BEST recoveries. Oh and Yoshi is basically invincible during his second jump. Honestly Captain is miles below these guys.

.CMW.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
^^ness doesn't have one of the best recoveries in the game, for its way to easy to jump infront of pkt, therefore making ness fall to his death. Without anyone doing that, though, the recovery is really good. Yoshi, too, doesn't have a good recovery either..if you hit him in his double jump when he isn't invincible, he's dead b/c he can't jump anymore.

But, agreed, falcon's recovery is worse.

And LOL at __V saying Ness is worse than falcon.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman

LOL.

Ness has one of the highest second jumps in the game and Lucas has Zap Jumping which makes him have one of the BEST recoveries. Oh and Yoshi is basically invincible during his second jump. Honestly Captain is miles below these guys.

.CMW.
I understand were your coming from and all but, Ness could get his little head stomped on, so thats a no go. C.F>Ness Sorry. Zap jumping, I'll still stomp you plus gimpable =). Yoshi? Pshhhh you could see that a mile away. Stomp= solution =/ Going to have to give it to falcon.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
how about
"speed"
"combos"
"edge guarding"?
Falcon sucks in all 3 departments?

And Ness ***** the hell out of Falcon, he has a better grab game, better out of shield game, better air game, infinitely better edgeguarding, easier KOs, and one of the most powerful and easy to land spikes in the game, not to mention he 3-stocks captain falcon in the actual matchup.

ptown

Smash Ace
you guys can't play falcon because you mash buttons.

also maybe if some of you guys would quit crying, you'd actually be able to see and hit with your attacks.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
I understand were your coming from and all but, Ness could get his little head stomped on, so thats a no go. C.F>Ness Sorry. Zap jumping, I'll still stomp you plus gimpable =). Yoshi? Pshhhh you could see that a mile away. Stomp= solution =/ Going to have to give it to falcon.

I don't even consider Falcon's ^B a recovery anymore...More like a full body dry heave in the general direction of the ledge. Face it man. Falcon sucks. Oh and I suppose if the person playing the Yoshi or Lucas had no skill at all you could just stomp them all day long. But back in the real world people air dodge and use tricks so the don't meet their opponents head on. I can see you finding a problem with me saying Ness is better than CF (which isn't true but w/e) but Lucas by far has one of the best recoveries, way better than CF. And Yoshi well, he is closer to even but the practically invincible part of his recovery makes him oober poon CF. Sorry. CF is the suck in SSBB. Deal with it.

.CMW.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
how the hell is ness worse than falcon? projectiles + good aerials, a better spike , better kill moves , etc. ;x

Roager

Smash Ace
No, no, no. I am sick and tired of Falcon being everyone's scapegoat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot: Falcon is not top tier. Falcon is nowhere near top tier, but still. He's better than he gets credit for. Why, you ask?

He's fast. Faster than most of the Brawl cast. Priority means nothing if Falcon hits first.

The Knee is NOT AWFUL! Admittedly, it's not the melee knee. But dammit, that doesn't mean it's a bad attack. It's still a great killer, especially if you use it as an edgeguard. For ****'s sake, don't hate the attack for being nerfed. It still kills.

He still has killmoves. Don't believe me? Dair spike, Raptor Boost spike, Fsmash, Dsmash, Knee. Hell, even u-air, if you can't manage to hit with any others.

He can recover. Sure, it's shorter than some, but the influence DI has over his Up-B make it actually useful. You can help avoid edgegaurds, or make it out from under the lip at FD. Plus, he can use Side-B to recover, while also countering people who like to jump out and gimp.

His priority. Don't flame me for this. His priority isn't flat zero. It's actually just ********. I've countered Luigi's side-B with u-tilt.

His hitboxes. Okay, mainly just the Side-B one. It hits places you'd never expect it to. I spiked a Ganondorf from below, when he was as far back as my waist. That and his pivot grab.

Yes, I am fully aware that his range is an issue, and as an extension, his aerial combat is too. Yes, his hitstun has been reduced, and that is a big downside. That doesn't mean Falcon can't win.

Now, I'm not gonna bash your Brawl skills, like some want to, but ****ing hell, guys, learn more about a character before you condemn them as pure ****.

oh yeah, and a few more common complaints:
"But Falcon has bad matchups!"
So does (insert your main)!

"But Falcon has more, and his are worse!"
Bull****. The only characters I have trouble with (As characters*) are Olimar, Toon MK, and Lucas. Yeah, yeah, you can argue other evidence all you want, but if I can learn to beat Snake with Falcon, so can you.

*I still lose to other characters, but that's because they actually played better than me

"But the tier list says..."
**** that. Until Ken, the tier list said Marth sucked.

"But it's the Smash Back Room!"
Yes it is, and I respect the hell out of them, but I realize that they are human, and that no human is all-knowing. About anything.

"Well, that means you're not all-knowing about Falcon!"
Neither are you, and you don't main Falcon (unless you do)

"But I **** Falcon all the time"
Then you're better at the game than whoever is playing Falcon. Good for you.

NOW! We've heard quite a few sentiments as to why Falcon is bad, and they all say the same thing. If you actually have something new to say, go for it, but if all you care to say is:
"No priority"
"No hitstun"
"Crap range"
or any other such thing, don't bother. It's been done to death.

So, either say something new, or let this thread die.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm ranting, sorry. But still. I felt it needed to be said.

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
No, no, no. I am sick and tired of Falcon being everyone's scapegoat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot: Falcon is not top tier. Falcon is nowhere near top tier, but still. He's better than he gets credit for. Why, you ask?

He's fast. Faster than most of the Brawl cast. Priority means nothing if Falcon hits first.

The Knee is NOT AWFUL! Admittedly, it's not the melee knee. But dammit, that doesn't mean it's a bad attack. It's still a great killer, especially if you use it as an edgeguard. For ****'s sake, don't hate the attack for being nerfed. It still kills.

He still has killmoves. Don't believe me? Dair spike, Raptor Boost spike, Fsmash, Dsmash, Knee. Hell, even u-air, if you can't manage to hit with any others.

He can recover. Sure, it's shorter than some, but the influence DI has over his Up-B make it actually useful. You can help avoid edgegaurds, or make it out from under the lip at FD. Plus, he can use Side-B to recover, while also countering people who like to jump out and gimp.

His priority. Don't flame me for this. His priority isn't flat zero. It's actually just ********. I've countered Luigi's side-B with u-tilt.

His hitboxes. Okay, mainly just the Side-B one. It hits places you'd never expect it to. I spiked a Ganondorf from below, when he was as far back as my waist. That and his pivot grab.

Yes, I am fully aware that his range is an issue, and as an extension, his aerial combat is too. Yes, his hitstun has been reduced, and that is a big downside. That doesn't mean Falcon can't win.

Now, I'm not gonna bash your Brawl skills, like some want to, but ****ing hell, guys, learn more about a character before you condemn them as pure ****.

oh yeah, and a few more common complaints:
"But Falcon has bad matchups!"
So does (insert your main)!

"But Falcon has more, and his are worse!"
Bull****. The only characters I have trouble with (As characters%) are Olimar, Toon MK, and Lucas. Yeah, yeah, you can argue other evidence all you want, but if I can learn to beat Snake with Falcon, so can you.

*I still lose to other characters, but that's because they actually played better than me

"But the tier list says..."
**** that. Until Ken, the tier list said Marth sucked.

"But it's the Smash Back Room!"
Yes it is, and I respect the hell out of them, but I realize that they are human, and that no human is all-knowing. About anything.

"Well, that means you're not all-knowing about Falcon!"
Neither are you, and you don't main Falcon (unless you do)

"But I **** Falcon all the time"
Then you're better at the game than whoever is playing Falcon. Good for you.

NOW! We've heard quite a few sentiments as to why Falcon is bad, and they all say the same thing. If you actually have something new to say, go for it, but if all you care to say is:
"No priority"
"No hitstun"
"Crap range"
or any other such thing, don't bother. It's been done to death.

So, either say something new, or let this thread die.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm ranting, sorry. But still. I felt it needed to be said.
so i agree 100% falcon is not at all a bad character and to anybody who disagrees I'll issue a challenge, send me an email or PM or whatever, I'll make an effort to play you and change your mind

Roager

Smash Ace
so i agree 100% falcon is not at all a bad character and to anybody who disagrees I'll issue a challenge, send me an email or PM or whatever, I'll make an effort to play you and change your mind
Thanks for the support, but for the sake of space, don't quote my post. It's too big to be used twice. On the same page, at least.

Also, feel free to PM me, or whatever, just like Anthony. I know there's a lot of you out there who disagree with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom