• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Captain Falcon the worst character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
dont forget the timezones ,people are always trying to set up but forget about the timezones
True.

Maybe he doesn't live in the US. I obviously have GA (EST) in my Location but he asked me if I was in the US. =l

Wafles

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon IS the worst character in the game, no doubt.

1. He's relatively weak. He has 3 great attacks, Falcon Punch (Too slow, and easily breakable), Knee of Justice (if you can actually hit it right), and Fsmash (it's slow, but KOs at low percents, it's reasonable).

2. He has no priority. Period. He has the lowest general priority in the game.

3. No combo ability in the fast majority of his moves. His uair shows the most hope. That's it.

4. His dair is almost totally useless in brawl.

5. Piss poor survival. If he doesn't have his double jump and has ground to make up, it will never happen. His upB has suprisingly horizontal distance, but it is nowhere near reasonable. It's below average. His sideB is horrible. Almost no horrizontal distance, and once again, you can be hit out of it so easily.

6. His best move, arguably, the "Knee of Justice" is rediculously hard to land. It's been significantly down sized, and if you miss it, you're basically screwed. You will be punished.

7. Falcon Punch, you can turn it around now. It still sucks. It's too slow, and will only be landed against amateurs, or possibly in teams if you can manage to not get hit for the startup time.(which is somewhat rediculous, it's something like 4 seconds it seems)

8. Captain Falcon has few, if any good matchups. Off-hand, I cannot think of any one character that has a disadvantage against Captain Falcon.

Lets look at a few other "bad" or "low-tier" characters to compare.

Yoshi - Can camp him to death with eggs. Jabs will do wonders, and just has more priority in general. His survival is not and will not be gimped by captain falcon (smart yoshis know how to use super armor on his various aerials).

Jiggly - Speed, speed, speed. Jiggly can aerial **** the **** out of falcon.

You get the idea. This is current fact, and really shouldn't be debated.

Tenki

Smash Hero

{a} 1. He's relatively weak. He has 3 great attacks, Falcon Punch (Too slow, and easily breakable), Knee of Justice (if you can actually hit it right), and Fsmash (it's slow, but KOs at low percents, it's reasonable).

{b} 2. He has no priority. Period. He has the lowest general priority in the game.

{c} 3. No combo ability in the fast majority of his moves. His uair shows the most hope. That's it.

{d} 4. His dair is almost totally useless in brawl.

{e} 6. His best move, arguably, the "Knee of Justice" is rediculously hard to land. It's been significantly down sized, and if you miss it, you're basically screwed. You will be punished.

{f} 7. Falcon Punch, you can turn it around now. It still sucks. It's too slow, and will only be landed against amateurs, or possibly in teams if you can manage to not get hit for the startup time.(which is somewhat rediculous, it's something like 4 seconds it seems)
While I do have the general feeling that Falcon is down there, some of your arguments reek of either Melee Falcon or just not knowing how to play Falcon.

{a} Why are you calling Falcon Punch a great attack, just to say it sucks at #7? You're most likely referring to knockback. If that's the case, then I'll argue along it. Dsmash kills earlier than F-smash, and U-smash is pretty close to it too. Camping edges or rolls with D/Fsmash with basic mindgames = ouch. U-tilt kills rather early too.

{b} Sonic has it worse. But he have ways around it. Falcon's jab is amazing, btw. It's enough to clang with and cancel many attacks that do under 13 damage, it has little startup/ending lag and it's spammable to a sense. U-tilt and ledge attacks have a weird disjointedness to them.

{c} Jab shows more hope than U-air. His post-grab game is notable to say the least.

{d} It has decent hitstun if it lands on a grounded opponent, and the sideways launch is his second strongest aerial next to the sweetspot Knee.

{e} That isn't his best move. This isn't Melee.

{f} Falcon Punch in conjunction with some reading is amazing. If your opponent is charging a smash as you're falling (lol Ike), Reverse Falcon Punch allows you to control your fall so you can land out of range while landing a powerful punisher. Using it to punish baited dash attacks, dash grabs... etc. Even landing lag, with the disappearance of L-cancelling. But yeah, your probability of landing it is really slim if you just use it randomly.

Wogrim

Smash Lord

1. He's relatively weak. He has 3 great attacks, Falcon Punch (Too slow, and easily breakable), Knee of Justice (if you can actually hit it right), and Fsmash (it's slow, but KOs at low percents, it's reasonable).

3. No combo ability in the fast majority of his moves. His uair shows the most hope. That's it.

5. Piss poor survival. If he doesn't have his double jump and has ground to make up, it will never happen. His upB has suprisingly horizontal distance, but it is nowhere near reasonable. It's below average. His sideB is horrible. Almost no horrizontal distance, and once again, you can be hit out of it so easily.

6. His best move, arguably, the "Knee of Justice" is rediculously hard to land. It's been significantly down sized, and if you miss it, you're basically screwed. You will be punished.

7. Falcon Punch, you can turn it around now. It still sucks. It's too slow, and will only be landed against amateurs, or possibly in teams if you can manage to not get hit for the startup time.(which is somewhat rediculous, it's something like 4 seconds it seems)

8. Captain Falcon has few, if any good matchups. Off-hand, I cannot think of any one character that has a disadvantage against Captain Falcon.

Yoshi - Can camp him to death with eggs. Jabs will do wonders, and just has more priority in general. His survival is not and will not be gimped by captain falcon (smart yoshis know how to use super armor on his various aerials).

Your ideas of Falcon's best moves are pitiful. For Falcon Punch, it's nowhere near 4 seconds of startup.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.

ignorant n00b!
You have never played Falcon in your life! Tenki owned you!

Roager

Smash Ace
Stop yelling at the nubstick. I think he gets it.

EDIT
My bad, I missed the last thing he said:

"This is current fact, and really shouldn't be debated"

In other words:

"I'm bluffing, and trying to make it convincing by claiming that what I say is indisputable fact. Don't even try to deny it. I'll win. (please don't challenge me...)"

LOL failure of Falcon hating n00b.

Roager

Smash Ace
It's a little weird that people are still replying directly to the original post...

Roager

Smash Ace
Dammit, crewster, why'd you necro this? Let it die, and let it stay dead.
/thread

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I actually think Link and Samus are underrated in this game. While it saddens me to say this but the Captain is probably the worst at this point in time. Hopefully something will be discovered that makes him awesome.

samai

Smash Apprentice
Why? Im starting to realize he really SHOUDLNT be dead last.

If you actually take time to look at him instead of saying what everyone else says..

"Priority"
"range"
etc.... who cares?

how about
"speed"
"combos"
"edge guarding"?
You mean MK right

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
People just aren't playing him correctly.

We need to redefine brawl falcon, falcon is a terrible offensive character in brawl. If you are versing anybody half decent you will be out-ranged, out-prioritised, or just dominated by projectile characters spacing. Falcon needs to develop a defensive play style and rely on his hard hitting attacks for quick KO's.

The knee is hard to land, but when you land it, it can be devestating. (falcon punch in brawl is useless, infinate airdodges = no good time to use the punch)

Roager

Smash Ace
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
/rage
Let this die, people. Seriously. It has no point in living and it wants us to pull the plug. Put it out of its misery out back with a shotgun. (Insert some other joke about death here)

Tenki

Smash Hero
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
/rage
Let this die, people. Seriously. It has no point in living and it wants us to pull the plug. Put it out of its misery out back with a shotgun. (Insert some other joke about death here)
lol it's kinda like the Falcon vent thread though. You guys can like, rant about people like this one:

People just aren't playing him correctly.

We need to redefine brawl falcon, falcon is a terrible offensive character in brawl. If you are versing anybody half decent you will be out-ranged, out-prioritised, or just dominated by projectile characters spacing. Falcon needs to develop a defensive play style and rely on his hard hitting attacks for quick KO's.

The knee is hard to land, but when you land it, it can be devestating. (falcon punch in brawl is useless, infinate airdodges = no good time to use the punch)

I'm not sure if I even want to correct it, because there's just so much.... (?) to it .

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
let me explain all of the nerfs from melee
-the physics in the last 2 smash games were perfect for cfs agressive fighting style but because of brawls defence and floatiness he got screwed
-he has alot less priority than most of the characters out there
-his recovery still kinda sucks even though up-b can hit ppl on the ledge now and side-b stick on the edge now he cant get his second jump back with falcon kick after you have used it
-his smashes are slower and weaker i think
-no l-canceling was a huuuuuuge nerf for falcon and on top of that i belive his airs actually have more lag (sept for nair and uair) making it harder to combo, and making falcon easier to punish
-less hitstun was the final culprit in destroying falcon because of how much less hitstun brawl has and in conjunction to no l canceling falcon can no longer string together combos like he could in the last games

here are the buffs
-jab has better priority and faster
-falcon punch can turn around

thats pretty much it falcon completely sucks thanks to brawl
but hes a beast in brawl+ so u can keep that in mind

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
let me explain all of the nerfs from melee
-the physics in the last 2 smash games were perfect for cfs agressive fighting style but because of brawls defence and floatiness he got screwed
-he has alot less priority than most of the characters out there
-his recovery still kinda sucks even though up-b can hit ppl on the ledge now and side-b stick on the edge now he cant get his second jump back with falcon kick after you have used it
-his smashes are slower and weaker i think
-no l-canceling was a huuuuuuge nerf for falcon and on top of that i belive his airs actually have more lag (sept for nair and uair) making it harder to combo, and making falcon easier to punish
-less hitstun was the final culprit in destroying falcon because of how much less hitstun brawl has and in conjunction to no l canceling falcon can no longer string together combos like he could in the last games

here are the buffs
-jab has better priority and faster
-falcon punch can turn around

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Forgetting something?

thats pretty much it falcon completely sucks thanks to brawl
but hes a beast in brawl+ so u can keep that in mind
I could fill that in...

Were's Hylian? We need to lock this thread too.:mad:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was at work. I'll probably hand out infractions later after I take care of some stuff. For now this is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom