• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Captain Falcon the worst character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I wonder why most people consider his recovery as so bad.
Easily edgehogged, very predictable, not hard to intercept. Sure it's not the worst recovery in Brawl, but the only recoveries it is easily better than are those of Ness, Link, Ganondorf, and Tethers.

I rarely, very, very rarely experience somebody gimping me.
Who are you playing?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I wonder why most people consider his recovery as so bad..
its already been stated here multiple times. i think its a passable, better than Ivy's.

I rarely, very, very rarely experience somebody gimping me.
the the players you fight are too generous, but if im not Wolf i will gimp you.

The trick is just to recover as late as possible, since it has some huge horizontal range, when enemy isn't edgehogging you, you'll see the Captain has some stretching-arms ;)
Even if someone is edgehogging me I just jump over the ledge on the stage, you just gotta time it right.
Also it's very useful if you hit enemy, you get a second recovery what makes it even better.

If you just fall down enough, maybe airdodge if enemy is going for ya, you'll land safely back on the stage.
10autoledgesuctions. and if your recovering from too low you can't land on stage, and even if you do they can just get up and toss you off again while you recover from landing lag. on the grabbing people part its not hard to time the invincible frames to not get grabbed while edgehogging. most characters can just flat out hit falcon while he's recovering.

that was so random, my jaw is still drooping. lol

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think he is that bad (ignore my avatar and sig though).

His air-game's ok and Falcon Kick and Raptor Boost are alright and Falcon Punch is good for mind games :).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
this is probably old and probably has been brought up multiple times so far, but oh well...

captin flacon is aweome
hes not the best but i can think of so many worse and better people

yoshi
jiggly
ness
dedede
diddy
wow, all of these characters are so much better than C. Falcon. anyone who says jiggs is worse than c. falcon is full of ****. In past tournament experience I've basically always taken at least 1 game off some of the midwest's best MK's and G&W's using her... though that may be because I'm the best jiggs out there right now... but still, she's got way the **** more potential than C. Falcon does, he sucks. the only character that might be worse than C. Falcon is ganon.

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
well its just the first version of the tier list so we should wait til we get a better and accurater tier list. (Accurater?)

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Falcon is the worst because Falcon sucks. i maek gud argument amirite?

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Nobody here's ever played a good Ganondorf? Fight ZeonStar. He's a beast with Ganondorf. The Side-B alone makes Ganondorf significantly better than Falcon.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
side b alone can't do it, thats like saying cause wolfs blaster stuns and fox doesn't that makes Wolf better than Fox. need more facts please.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Not really. Ganon's Side-B leads into various things, like a jab, a D-Smash, F-Tilt, D-air, etc. Ganon's smashes aren't that much slower (Except D-Smash) and they kill ridiculously early. A good Ganon could kill a light character in like, 6 hits. Nobody's really taken the time to master Ganon. I always thought he was crap too, but if you play ZeonStar you'll see that Ganon is a beast. Even the SBR (I think it was Overswarm himself) said so in the character discussion thread.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh i know Ganons side b strings lol. i think he is better than Falcon to a degree. just alot believe Falcon>ganon. hes not crap cause it doesn't take long for him to KO lol

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Nobody here's ever played a good Ganondorf? Fight ZeonStar. He's a beast with Ganondorf. The Side-B alone makes Ganondorf significantly better than Falcon.
lol, you've never played a good C. Falcon? Fight Bowyer. He's a beast with C. Falcon... :)

Mmac

Smash Lord
The main question is, what exactly does Captain Falcon have that doesn't make him deserve the Worst? What does Falcon have over the characters that people say he is Better than?

Xx-M@TT-xX

Smash Rookie
Captain falcon isnt that bad he quite good for ko's but has a tough job of causing dammage because he sends them to far away once you have hit him. Also i have mained evrey charcter appart from peach, R.O.B bowser and Donkey Kong. Captain Falcon was very hard to play with so i didnt use him for that long.

Mmac

Smash Lord
What does Ganon have over CF?
More Range, Alot More Power, Surprisingly better Air Game, Free Hits from Flame Choke, Tech Chasing with Flame Choke, more priority, Some decent and useful AT's, and the Majority of his moves have the same startup speed compared to Falcon.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
The main question is, what exactly does Captain Falcon have that doesn't make him deserve the Worst? What does Falcon have over the characters that people say he is Better than?
The knee even though they nerfed the crap out of it, it's still strong. Falcon Pawnch? He's falcon. I mean hes at a disadvantage but still he's good in his own way lol.

CALOZ

Smash Apprentice
I dont think captain falcon is a wrost character.

He can be a beast ^_^

his Falcon Punch FTW

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
I main falcon but I play cpu since i know barely anyone who plays ssbb as pro, and dont have wifi connection..

I connect the knee more often than others, I play on 5 difficulty teaming with a cpu, and I must admit Im not too bad, but king dedede just owns me even on 5 difficulty.

Falcons priority is so low though, and for some people maybe too fast.

I try to combo a side b, jump and u air to ko for lols, it actually works. But working on a side b and f air (knee) is extra hard.

Currently the only people I lose to with falcon are

Lucas, small and dodges many of falcons kicks, higher priority and quickish attacks
Dedede, I dont know!
Pikachu, same as lucas.
Falco, quick, huge priority (i think), strong, continuous a spam is easy and his hits have.. no lag.

Everyone else just fails to beat me on level 5. Im so good >.>

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Try 9 >_> You will crap yourself at how good the cpu is, there sorta predictable because after every attack they dodge in the air. Think of it as melee, play some good music you like. Get into the mood and its easy to pwn lv 9's except Mario. For some reason when Im sonic it's hard as heck.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Try 9 >_> You will crap yourself at how good the cpu is, there sorta predictable because after every attack they dodge in the air. Think of it as melee, play some good music you like. Get into the mood and its easy to pwn lv 9's except Mario. For some reason when Im sonic it's hard as heck.
meh they can be a pain, but they aren't really hard. losing to them is a possibility though, as they aren't completely ******** this time around. but still they are just cpu's
btw uzaki, how's the situation now? got brawl already?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
No lol, I should have it in about a couple of weeks, the people said they are trying to approach the situation. Dang my special mii won't be there ;-; I'll ask in a bit and see when I might get it.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
I main falcon but I play cpu since i know barely anyone who plays ssbb as pro, and dont have wifi connection..

I connect the knee more often than others, I play on 5 difficulty teaming with a cpu, and I must admit Im not too bad, but king dedede just owns me even on 5 difficulty.

Falcons priority is so low though, and for some people maybe too fast.

I try to combo a side b, jump and u air to ko for lols, it actually works. But working on a side b and f air (knee) is extra hard.

Currently the only people I lose to with falcon are

Lucas, small and dodges many of falcons kicks, higher priority and quickish attacks
Dedede, I dont know!
Pikachu, same as lucas.
Falco, quick, huge priority (i think), strong, continuous a spam is easy and his hits have.. no lag.

Everyone else just fails to beat me on level 5. Im so good >.>
uhh...wow. Level 5's mean nothing-_-,let alone the fact they are computers. Play 3 lvl 9's at once. Teamed up on you. Thats when the challenge starts.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
Im only training on level 5s trying to connect the knees.. and backwards falcon punches from in the air lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom