• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do against lvl 9's?

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I can 3 stock some CPU's but i sometimes fail against computer tactics of other lv9's

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I'm about a 4-5, since I stoped trying to learn how to punish the CPU. The way I used to play let me be a 6, but I'd stink against humans. Lvl 9 CPU's are fun to fight, but it's better to learn to play against Humans if you want to make yourself known. Still, Mario beating up Wario and Bowser while a Peach ally tries to live as long as she can, simulating the way the old game's stories works out is fun. :p

Cell51

Smash Rookie
I'm not exactly sure 'cause I don't waste my time battling level 9 computers unless it's in Training Mode. lol

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I'm great against level nines, because they are usually the only guys I can fight. I would say I am a 5 or a 6. I can beat two level 9s easily with any character, and I have beaten three once with Kirby, Ike, and DeDeDe. Against a lone level nine, I can 3 stock them, taking less that 30 damage.

Unfortunately, I'm not super good against humans. Probably because I usually don't have anyone to play with. Although I still beat most of the humans I play against.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I'm an OVER9000 on that list.

No I'd be a 5 or so I think, but fighting lvl p's is stupid and screws with your skill
Agree, fighting CPU often makes you develop bad habits.
And yes of course Lv9 CPU are easy, use a Gimp/spike characters and you might 3-stock them.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Last time I checked I'm a 4.5, however, I have beaten 3 lv9 MK's teamed up against me once when I was using Zamus (which is weird since she's not my best character).

The question is also a bit vague; I'm assuming it's no-items at FD (or any legal/counterpick stage for that matter). Also, who are the CPU's? Are they Ganondorf? MK? Ganondorf and MK? Is it your character's individual counter?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
um-ahhh.... 5 maybe?

I much prefer 1v1, and when I do FFA it usually has two humans. And I don't really like teams. So yah.

Oh wait yeah! I thrashed 3 lv9 Ikes on a team against me, but I was marth... so not really anythign special. (if a cpu ike is trying to recover from below with aether when the sword flies up if you use counter you will hit Ike away. He should be able to recover but he doesn't(because the intelligence of CPU's is low))

And yes of course Lv9 CPU are easy, use a Gimp/spike characters and you might 3-stock them.
lol.

epic.

Seizou

Smash Rookie
3. Haven't tried fighting multiples of them yet.

CPUs are alright. I only play against them when I'm bored or want some training (although human opponents are much preferred).

I do, however, get annoyed when they beat me. Mainly because I'd rather lose to a human being than a CPU. :mad:

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I'm probably a 4.5. I've beaten 2 LV. 9 CPUs before with no problem at all. At other times, they can get pretty difficult (and by difficult, I mean annoying).

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've never actually tried. I don't think I've ever faced a level 9 CPU just for the hell of it. I'm going to go do that now.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
I've never tried a multi-CPU match, but vs. a solo lvl 9 I'm a 3. I can usually 2-stock one with Luigi

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Id say the Lvl 9's are good to play once in awhile but they don't play like a regular human would. They use the same strategy to win almost everytime and if you figure that out you should be able to beat them at the aforementioned lvl. I sometimes just brawl them for fun once in awhile. Even so I'd say all the way to about 6 is me but it will vary on the character the CPU is using due to match-ups.

mzink*

Smash Ace
That's an interesting view. I didn't expect many people to say they were a 7. You must be great. You say that because you've been playing cpu's in smash for about 9 years, so they're very predictable, but I find the opposite true. I could absolutely destroy a computer in ssb64. Their AI was horrid. If you edgeguarded at ALL they would die easily. Computers in ssb64 didn't even try to use their b-up a second time after they were hit. Switching from fighting mindless cpu's to the ones in Brawl was sure a shock. Computers were drastically upgraded in Brawl. They edge-hog, they edge-guard, and they perfect shield attacks. So it's not necessarily true that if you've played well against lvl 9's for ages, you will continue to.
Its not that they are great (though he may be), its that some people just understand cpus really well. For me cpus are ridiculously easy, but I'm just an average skill smasher. You pretty much just know all of their limitations and how they react to different situations. Once you know that, its like you don't have to think to fight a cpu. You know exactly what you can and can't do and exactly what you need to do. Kind of like a math problem, 2 + 2 always equals 4. When you fight actual people, its not like that. Different play styles, different reactions, mind games, ends up in different results.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lvl 9 cpu's learn... if u were captain falcon and constantly did falcon punch for 30 minutes. Then go against a lvl 9 captain falcon. the cpu captain falcon would use tons and tons of falcon punches... lol

Mokkun

Smash Rookie
lvl 9 cpu's learn... if u were captain falcon and constantly did falcon punch for 30 minutes. Then go against a lvl 9 captain falcon. the cpu captain falcon would use tons and tons of falcon punches... lol
Exactly, they become more difficult as you play more. Since I have two other players here using other characters and then when you play against CPU against the same character they have many similairities, they fail at it though. As example, people would usually go off the edge to kill while CPU always stays on the stage. They do edgehog you sometimes. It probably depends. Thing is that they can't 'predict' like a human player would. You will get used to it eventually.

3 level 9's keep and still are a pain to beat.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I tried to go M2K style and practice on a CPU in my friend's room, while pretending the CPU was a player and trying to camp/space against player habits like airdodging, or fastfalling after an aerial assuming the opponent airdodged the aerial.

Instead, the computer would continually land hits on me because of course, they'd attack instead of airdodge, so I eventually lost lol.

He said, "having trouble there?" and asked to play.

I promptly 3 stocked him.

:093:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I think ratings should be based off neutral stages, not cheap ones or custom ones. So for everyone saying 7 just because they made some weird custom stage, it doesn't count! If you really want to be a 7 and are willing to be cheap, just put two platforms reeeeeeeally far apart with a spike pit and fight 3 bowsers and arrow them to death.

Top Bottom