• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I do a Barrel Roll? ~ Fox Q&A (Check the OP)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Is there a list of character's recoveries that can be shined, nair'ed, bair'ed? Or something that shows how to edge gaurd certain character?

The reason I asked was because I was able to shine spike a Falco recovery with Firebird by going under him(even if going under Falco is a bad idea).
Shinzorz has invincibility frames on start-up, like 1 and 2 I think, then the hitbox starts on 3, soo you should, in theory, if you time it right be able to shine anything. I can shine shield 50% of samus' zair now, always funny to see but rather useless in the grand scheme of things

DarkAura

Smash Lord
@kuares

almost every character can be shine spiked some are more difficult that others, it's all in timing.

And believe it or not but what cherry said applies quite often, the invincibility frames help you a lot more than you know.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
@kuares

almost every character can be shine spiked some are more difficult that others, it's all in timing.

And believe it or not but what cherry said applies quite often, the invincibility frames help you a lot more than you know.

the timing though. Effing stupid. I envy the wolves so much for their hax reflector.

Quoted because I was right ;)

EDIT: Crifer I have no idea man, sorry. Check the Match Up thread? hopefully someone comes in here that knows the answer.

crifer

Smash Lord
OMG why does no one exactly knows if we have guaranted grab release stuff on the mother boys??? Why never anyone tested it? I mean Fox is so fast, it wouldn´t make sense if he couldn´t do something guaranted.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Mother boys are rarely played, and we seem to go even with lucas IMO, just requires more Hand to hand combat than usual. That said, the chars we don't have trouble with take a back seat to the other chars that wreck us.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Can we OoS Usmash Rising Dair from Lucas? Yes!
Do we have any follow-ups on the Mother Boys after a grab release? Usmash, Dsmash, Regrab, Jab, Ftilt. (Also if you can be frame perfect you can Pivot Boost Grab the Mother Boys and grab release then repeat for an infinite to end with a Usmash. You have a 2 frame margin of error for this infinite.)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
so who told me nair to jab jab cancel on shield worked without getting shield grabbed? <_<

because it doesnt work for me

DarkAura

Smash Lord
It doesn't.

unless you get luck with timing and your opponent tries to grab while the hitbox for your jab is still out

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
not even that, when you nair, they can shield grab you, unless its on there back

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
You said that to me >.<
And I was like "duhh that does not work!"

But I´m glad you realized it :D
its because no one ever punished it against me, and someone told me on here that it was legit -_-, then i got someone to test it for me to varify and i got grabbed every time...

crifer

Smash Lord
I always thought only Falco would have invincibility on his illusion but I justed tested out how to make snake´s mine explode without getting hit and ,except sh illusions, I could only get through the mines without getting hit if I stand near to the mine and illusion.

Can anyone confirm if we have invincibility frames on the start up of illusion?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
There aren't any... there may be like 1 or 2 but i doubt it would e very significant.

i looked into this a while ago and the solution i came up with is just that fox's hurtbox moves too fast for the mine to hit it.

crifer

Smash Lord
There aren't any... there may be like 1 or 2 but i doubt it would e very significant.

i looked into this a while ago and the solution i came up with is just that fox's hurtbox moves too fast for the mine to hit it.
ahhh... true. I´ve already forgotten that his hurtbox travels faster than the hitbox ^^

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
Alright so I was looking at Smash wiki and I noticed that all of Fox's matchups had been assigned numbers, whereas previously only six or seven were available, and the rest contained question marks. I also noticed that some matchups were different than those discussed here on Smashboards, like the Pikachu matchup was 40:60, Pikachu's favor, and the Ice Climbers matchup was 55:45 Fox. I was wondering why this happened and if Smashboards directly influences those matchups or not.

crifer

Smash Lord
yeah you can jump or roll cancel the shine ending lag. Since we all can jc our shield into usmash (hell yeah!), I asked if we could jump cancel our shine into usmash???
Scotu actually said something about that in his old guide,
I tried some things in practice mode today.
We can only jump cancel the shine after reflecting with the anlaog stick (tap jump) and we CAN NOT jump cancel usmash out of shine. But AC uair works **** easy, because you can buffer it.
This somehow brings me to the conclusion that the jump animation out of shine is differently programmed and thus has an own "sequence" oder whatever you want to call it.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i do specifically remember this working (back like 8 months ago when i could play)

just shine, when you get hit with any projectile hit up on the c-stick IIRC and you'll upsmash.

crifer

Smash Lord
i do specifically remember this working (back like 8 months ago when i could play)

just shine, when you get hit with any projectile hit up on the c-stick IIRC and you'll upsmash.
l2read. It´s about jump cancelling the shine and then immediately usmash to get rid of the ending lag of shine.
What you do is shine, reflect something, wait for the ending lag and smash.

Reflecting falco´s laser to jump cancel shtl is awesome.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
I actually use the L button to jump and fire regularly with B. The main problem I used to have with this method was short hopping with L, but practice with it for a while and it should be easy, it's extremely easy to fire three lasers this way. This only will work if you don't ever use L to shield though

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also the good thing about l button on jump is its easier to do jump cancelled shines (which you dont really need anyway) and sh ac uair, which is riduculosly good for setting up usmash's

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Speaking of Jump cancelled shines, is there particular way to do them? or is it just jumping while in shine and hope for the best? Because if it's the latter my timing is god awful.

For SHTL I use X as special so I tap Y then mash x.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah dude, its completely different from melee (what your describing)

you jump and then in the opening frames of your jump you shine.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Oh, What I want to know is how to Jump from shine?

I've seen people do it, but I cannot do it to save my life.

Like Jump right after shine, It has to do with reflecting stuff I think :s

crifer

Smash Lord
It´s what I described a frew pages before O.o

I tried some things in practice mode today.
We can only jump cancel the shine after reflecting with the anlaog stick (tap jump) and we CAN NOT jump cancel usmash out of shine. But AC uair works **** easy, because you can buffer it.
This somehow brings me to the conclusion that the jump animation out of shine is differently programmed and thus has an own "sequence" oder whatever you want to call it.

So after reflecting a projectile, you need to use the analog stick to jump cancel the shine.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh right, yeah you can do that, I was thinking of melee jump cancelling.
the timing is right after a reflection, you can also stepdodge or roll cancel aswell.

freeshooterxigbar2

Smash Apprentice
Well thanks for the advice.
I've tried to different methods:
1) Jump with R then triple lazer
2) Change Y to special and use X to jump.

I can do it pretty good now but I cant do it consecutively. Each time I do it I end up shooting another lazer on the ground instead of another jump.-_- I try to be careful to only hit it three time and it still doesnt work.Any advice?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Well thanks for the advice.
I've tried to different methods:
1) Jump with R then triple lazer
2) Change Y to special and use X to jump.

I can do it pretty good now but I cant do it consecutively. Each time I do it I end up shooting another lazer on the ground instead of another jump.-_- I try to be careful to only hit it three time and it still doesnt work.Any advice?

I'm in the same boat your in, I only ever camp good when I'm in the heat of battle. Can't help you but I'd guess practice makes perfect.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I still have one answer that hasn't been respond

Each laser that fox fires in his dthrow, uthrow, and bthrow refresh one move or are just to deal more damage?

Top Bottom