• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
No ill prob be in houston the week after 18.

The fact that I don't like the community and don't care to go to hobo is nothing new,fogo happy birthday

Everyone is stupid cept me

Player-4

See you in 25 years

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't see the logic in this... I think metaknight is more broken in doubles! You know that TINY RADIUS he has around him? You can't touch it if he's playing right because of lack of room, and you can't camp him at all.. plus his superb gimping ability comes into play much easier when there are two opponents. Ban him entirely, or don't.. please.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't forget tornado! It almost makes every char in teams unviable if they can't handle it when they get to playing higher level mks. They can just tornado when your shield is low, which sets you up into the air. Then the team loses momentum/takes extra damage.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't see the logic in this... I think metaknight is more broken in doubles! You know that TINY RADIUS he has around him? You can't touch it if he's playing right because of lack of room, and you can't camp him at all.. plus his superb gimping ability comes into play much easier when there are two opponents. Ban him entirely, or don't.. please.
I don't like the idea of partially banning MK, but w/e.

Also G&W's strengths as a character are greatly amplified when it comes to teams play. He can get quick easy kills simply by spamming smash attacks or getting his teammate to grab the opponent. That and it becomes incredibly hard to outspace his nair/bair in those "lack of room" situations.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll do you fast, Peppy ol' pal!

Inui

Banned via Warnings

IM BACK!!!

Happy b-day fogo and jog! I made you a cake!!!​

I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN LISTEN TO THAT SONG!

NO NO NO! She is too young for you.

By examining the past few months, you seem to find excuses to bail out on each and every hobo. Not a suprise that you wont be going to HOBO 19.

Calm down, sweet pea! HOBOs are fun and you know it
The above posts are full of massive w1n.

Allan, I love you!

(not as much as I love DF, tho)

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't forget tornado! It almost makes every char in teams unviable if they can't handle it when they get to playing higher level mks. They can just tornado when your shield is low, which sets you up into the air. Then the team loses momentum/takes extra damage.
you suck in doubles

you just lose to MK (mine, every time, all the time) in doubles so much because your strategy of dropping a banana in front of you, holding one, and shooting peanuts to force approaches doesn't work well in doubles.

You been swimming lately?

w1n

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I thought the McDonald's third pounder sandwiches were bad enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_JXJoV2Yo

I was totally wrong. So, it's going to get to a point where they're going start making meat sandwiches. Patty/cheese/patty/cheese/patty. Forget the bread, that's just carbs, NEEDS MORE FAT.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
All those pokemon posts... kinda makes me wanna play it again. The only people I've played against within the past year are Tallman and P4 though. I'm stuck in an old metagame back when everyone complained about blisscress (or do they still do that?) and when Absol was BL.

/noonecares

Xyro, my Absol vs. your Beedrill. :)
The new Metagame is so fast paced and hard hitting that Stall/really defensive teams have a SUPER HARD time thriving now. Choice Band Tyranitar for example will absolutely shred through Blissey and will do enough damage to Cresselia that it would have to risk resting to recover any damage done and hope Tyranitar gets Fully paralyzed or misses or something. You also have to remember that in a Sandstorm Moonlight only recovers 25%, so if Cresselia has Moonlight on it instead of Rest, you can kiss it good bye against Tyranitar even if it has 252 HP 252 Defense Bold with reflect up. That combined with Choice Band Scizor gives even Strong Defense teams Trouble since most Physical walls lack a recovery solid enough to weather a continuous beating from something monstrous. That and if wanna chance it, you can throw out a Calm Minder against Cresselia, something like Jirachi, Sub and Calm Mind until you either are forced out by a strong enough Phazer or your opponent switches to something too dangerous to Calm mind any further against. Cresselia, even with Access to Calm Mind, isn't stopping a Calm Mind Sweep anytime soon, and Blissey can't even with Access to Seismic Toss.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I thought the McDonald's third pounder sandwiches were bad enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_JXJoV2Yo

I was totally wrong. So, it's going to get to a point where they're going start making meat sandwiches. Patty/cheese/patty/cheese/patty. Forget the bread, that's just carbs, NEEDS MORE FAT.
That's the hottest woman in news, btw. One of the many reasons to watch Fox News. There are lots of hot girls. :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG... why do you know SO much about the pokemon metagame. It concerns me a little.
I've played it competitively for awhile now, I've actually focused on improving my game and so far I've consistently driven up my rating when I TRY to win games instead of fooling with Niche teams like Baton Pass or Rain Dance lol (at least on Shoddy where I play the most, I used to barely be pushing 1200 Conservative 1300 Rating, but now Im getting closer to 1400 Conservative 1500 Rating.)

Also, Yes I agree Fox News has some attractive ladies broadcasted, except Ann Coulter.

I've seen the Adam's Apple on her. It scares me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Very nice collention there Xyro77.

I didn't know you liked the Ace Attorney series. :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Stalling in pokemon is stupid....All I need is a Crit from my Snorlax and I'm good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang, I love stalling in Pokemon D: I used to be known for having the most annoying Forretress out there :(
Was it for this generation? Did it have Shed Shell? Cause with all the Magnezone flying around nowadays, Forteress is dead weight if he catches it without that lol.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Was it for this generation? Did it have Shed Shell? Cause with all the Magnezone flying around nowadays, Forteress is dead weight if he catches it without that lol.
It was back from June of '07 until I quit pokemon sometime in '08. Magnezone wasn't common at all back then, but I did run into a few that ruined it.

I was never all that good at that game because I wasn't all that good at planning out teams. My only pokemon that ever were known by people were my Forretress, Weavile, and Absol.

Man, it is fun thinking about those old days though.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
you suck in doubles

you just lose to MK (mine, every time, all the time) in doubles so much because your strategy of dropping a banana in front of you, holding one, and shooting peanuts to force approaches doesn't work well in doubles.
ADHD is doubles prince stop hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom