• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
Dat some johns? Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to. You don't like it, get yourself a converter for another controller or learn to make your own and stop playing emulated with chances of performance issues / disabling the other player from using the controller the game is supposed to be played on.

Think about Isai man.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
we play a campy game that you can trip in for money

lol
We also played Melee.
It's disgusting. Smash is a ****ty competitive series.

OMFG I DID THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

I just beat ALL of pokemon red with ONLY BEEDRILL!!!! I had to be level 81 to beat the elite 4 but i did it!!!! I think i got lucky on Lance because i got 2 criticals on his dragonite with "swift" attack!!! YEAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

my setup was

Mega Drain(for water/rock/ground)
Swift(for normal and spam move)
TwinNeedle(MOLESTS poison/psychic)
Hyper Beam(for massive damage)

This has got to be one of the hardest things ive done in my gaming days
Nice.

Now do the Pidgey Challenge for GSC, scrub. (Or the Wurmple only challenge in RSE)

Esca

Smash Champion
LOL on a laptop? Are you serious?

Play on the original system? The way it was supposed to be played?

I mean, it should be easy. You're great at EVERY smash game.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dat some johns? Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to. You don't like it, get yourself a converter for another controller or learn to make your own and stop playing emulated with chances of performance issues / disabling the other player from using the controller the game is supposed to be played on.

Think about Isai man.

Chillax, bro.

Isai plays mostly on a computer. ;)

LOL on a laptop? Are you serious?

Play on the original system? The way it was supposed to be played?

I mean, it should be easy. You're great at EVERY smash game.
You do realize the only thing I did was ask if we could play on a computer, right?

I didn't say I wouldn't do it on an N64.

Chill out, moron.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOLOLOLOL are you being serious?

What Generation?
Any generation. Trust me bro, in any Generation, you would lose. I could explain it to you now, or I could take the $50 from you and then explain it.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Inui isn't respected and gets too much attention lol,let's talk bout isai who prob stomp us all in brawl and obv the other 2 games.

Isai is so badass

I'm so gay for isai.

Dang isai

The hope of the nation

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Also I'm half paying attention,ill do any mm in any game for pokemon with the actual standard rules applied

Also any regulation pkemon tcg,no joke.

Money!!!

I'm the facken isai of pokemon.

Kalokross!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow, you are as clueless as ever. He far prefers the console and only ***** around online, lol.

He's pretty much said anything online should never be taken seriously ever. That's why I brought him up. ;)
Wow, you are as clueless as ever, random Brawl-head that probably never even met the guy. I know for a fact that he spends a lot of time playing Smash 64 online. Mew2King told me he plays on his computer a lot.

I'm not talking about playing online, lol. My friends play Smash 64 on a laptop or a Wii because the 64 controller is bad and they are all ancient/destroyed by now.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol well there is a counter to it but it is based on luck LOLOL so <_<

I mean there are so many ways that it could go lol it's like playing rock paper scissors in the end...I mean there is one definite win tactic.....but Idk how pro you are at Pokemon lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol well there is a counter to it but it is based on luck LOLOL so <_<

I mean there are so many ways that it could go lol it's like playing rock paper scissors in the end...I mean there is one definite win tactic.....but Idk how pro you are at Pokemon lol
No trust me, in EVERY generation Mewtwo has a guaranteed counter to Wobuffet. It's not luck based like I think you are thinking about (Countering a physical hit from Mewtwo vs Mirror Coat for Special attacks).

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
DMG, sig, 2. gay.

Hurts my eyes. Can't you just like, get one big one rather then 4. Please? :D

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That ISN'T what I am talking about lol there is another method to it....which literally relies on luck.

There is one sure fire way but it takes forever.

And then there is what I am talking about but that gives me a very slim chance of winning.

Broly

Smash Lord
Also I'm half paying attention,ill do any mm in any game for pokemon with the actual standard rules applied

Also any regulation pkemon tcg,no joke.

Money!!!

I'm the facken isai of pokemon.

Kalokross!!!
ill do it 4 5 bucks, if i bring it to hobo, yes?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
UAhmad786 (9:32:57 PM): **** your invincible, bit by a spider and stabbed by diabetes needle and nothing happens
kalokross (9:35:01 PM): You should have seen the car wreck,completely totalled and the airbag smashed a laptop on my ribs,and I had not a scratch
UAhmad786 (9:35:39 PM): what are u trying to say
kalokross (9:36:39 PM): When you don't care bout dying you live longer
kalokross (9:36:44 PM): Just like brawl

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Yeah the current metagame is all luck,I mentioned that in my second post bout pokemon.

My d/p record be 1671-51(can't win em all) silly game,still **** win% without crits I be rapin tho

Gea

Smash Master
Wow, you are as clueless as ever, random Brawl-head that probably never even met the guy. I know for a fact that he spends a lot of time playing Smash 64 online. Mew2King told me he plays on his computer a lot.

I'm not talking about playing online, lol. My friends play Smash 64 on a laptop or a Wii because the 64 controller is bad and they are all ancient/destroyed by now.
You're the one that even brought up online. Console delivers best performance with no issues that emulators can't currently provide. Wii is sort of different since its optimized emulation, but lolz.

Your controller "argument" is stupid since you can still find the controller new for not that much. Seriously a quick google search found one nintendo "collectable" controller for as low as 35 bucks. I saw a colored offbrand sealed for 8. Go play Melee MMs on a laptop, lolz.

It's your preference on whether or not you like the controller but DO HO HO playing on a laptop superior to the native console for a serious match?

PS I've met Isai more than once, lol. I even housed him and some friends before SCC. Just because he plays online doesn't change the fact that he does not take online seriously. He prefers the console for any serious match. You seem to not understand this very simple point.

Don't assume stuff, it makes for flawed argument. Aren't you supposed to be good at that too?

PPS That's all I have to say to you on this subject. You've made your point pretty clear. BAWWWWWWWW

Sybawave

Smash Ace
O yeah...no controller johns please lol there is no other way to play the game anyway....Playing it anyway different way wouldn't really be playing it...you might as well say that you can determine the better play through a wifi battle.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That ISN'T what I am talking about lol there is another method to it....which literally relies on luck.

There is one sure fire way but it takes forever.

And then there is what I am talking about but that gives me a very slim chance of winning.
I have a fool proof method of winning in each Generation. I'll go ahead and just state them:

Gold/Silver/Crystal:

Wobuffet easily loses. Mewtwo upping his stats with Curse and hitting with Submission or using Substitute and then proceeding to kill it with Hidden Power Bug. Wobuffet can't even encore Substitute or Curse lol.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:

Mewtwo has many ways to beat Wobuffet. It can first use Substitute, then Calm Mind until it is strong enough, and hit it with Ice Beam or whatever attack. Even if Wobuffet lives the attack and breaks his substitute, Mewtwo can just do it again or if necessary use Substitute again.

Mewtwo can also Use Calm Mind/Bulk Up from the getgo. Even if you encore him, he'll still get his stats maxed and will kill you with his attack.

Mewtwo can also Taunt Wobuffet, rendering it practically useless while Mewtwo either sets up or kills it while it uses struggle.

Diamond/Pear/Platinum:

Same thing as Ruby and Sapphire. Taunt, Set up with Calm Mind or Bulk Up, Substitute, etc.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I didn't bring up online play. I don't care about online play.

I don't see the problem with playing on an emulator. It's not Wi-Fi. There's no problems with it.

I'll play on an N64 controller, but I want a few minutes to get used to it.

Gea

Smash Master
Their turn: Critical hit!

Your turn: Your attack missed!

They win because of skill. GG.

@ Inui go MM someone in Melee emulated then. You can get it in hi-def that way. Must be superior for MMs. You can even use your USB controller!

Look at how purty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzoHrYiQGI Double Edit: My bad it stutters. Without this it doesn't though, as seen in the Falcon match lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Their turn: Critical hit!

Your turn: Your attack missed!

They win because of skill. GG.
Critical hits DO stop ******** Sweeps though. That and having moves like Stone Edge hit every freaking time would be a bit OP lol.

Gea

Smash Master
DMG, the point was to prove you're better without luck being on your side more than one game would have to be played. Poke-battles can take a long, long time.

Basing skill off of one match or even 3/5 is really flawed for such a chanced outcome.

Surely you must agree?

-------------------

lol Inui, it can be emulated right now without dropping frames.

This is why I love Kalo:

kalokross: Its like challenging someone to mvc2 and they say "can we play on xbox" you would get your mouth **** in

-------------------

"Player-4" about Final Fantasy IV: "This game needs repels."

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sesshomaru010101 (10:52:36 PM): dude a guy on a plane showed a girl his ****, punched her in the face, and then stripped naked and ran around
Sesshomaru010101 (10:52:37 PM): ROFLMAO
Sesshomaru010101 (10:52:45 PM): true story
Sesshomaru010101 (10:52:51 PM): the news is like comedy sometimes
MasterDaveNo1 (10:53:25 PM): lol
Sesshomaru010101 (10:54:36 PM): "this is my ****, *****" *WHAM*

"jlkshfdlkhcdkjsh" *runs around naked on a plane*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG, the point was to prove you're better without luck being on your side more than one game would have to be played. Poke-battles can take a long, long time.

Basing skill off of one match or even 3/5 is really flawed for such a chanced outcome.

Surely you must agree?

lol Inui, it can be emulated right now without dropping frames.

No I agree, I'm just stating the positive points of Critical Hits and moves missing. Past a set of like, 6/11 though, Unless you have A LOT of unfortunate events happen, it should start becoming clear who the better player/team is.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pretty much agree'd then. Too bad you're gonna be playing all day to get 6/11 done. Heh.
Indeed. Unless you are doing a really strict timed battle, they will take awhile, especially if you have a really good stall team (or even two) going at it.

I had a good stall team for D/P but I was tired of matches going on for so long. That and after awhile I realized stall isn't that strong anymore in D/P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom