• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Letting me judgment you is like me trying to give you a hug and you accepting it.

You wouldn't want to reject a hug from UTDZac now would you? Just... let it happen. It's good for you =)

a hug made out of a hammer.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I just dropped my Gameboy and the batteries popped out so now I have to beat nugget bridge and get to Bill all over again in Pokemon Blue :mad088:

piece of ****

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1. Get a Pokemon with Surf.

2. Surf to the left of the Cruise Ship.

3. See Gary's Truck.

4. ?????

5. PROFIT!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Red version was better than Blue version. Only losers chose Blue. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Of course Charizard was awesome at the time. It was fire-breathing dragon, *****es. Plus, Blastoise was trash.

ACCEPT IT.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You were a wimp if you choose Bulbasaur first. That just means you couldn't handle the first two Gyms. YA WIMP. YEAAAAHAHAHAHHA.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Also red and blue both suck just like sf2,

They were highly improved on in gay gold and silver which were blatantly flawed

Few changes made in crystal helped,nothing that wasn't already banned in tourney play

Ruby and sapphire added a lot of new moves and a new stat system and basically totally revamped the game

Fr/lg are great remakes of the originals,which should all be burned

Emerald,and yellow,both were mainly to balance pokemon distribution,much like ****ty platinum

Diamond and pearl were both great and made pokemon peak,at the time

Then nintendo decided to make platinum,which is an easy way to get gay **** and they gave a selective 12-15 pokemon moves that make no sense that they learn and make the game completely unbalanced
E.g:zapdos learning heatwave,this goes for the other selective

Basically if you know what your doing you could say "dang my _____ would be so good if it had (this move).

And then they gave that already top tier pokemon (this move) in platinum

Its like giving marth falcos laser

Point is

CHARIZARD IS AWESOME

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude, Zapdos learning Heat Wave is good. Wards off the All too Common Scizor, although U turn and Stealth Rock will hurt it's ability to switch in and 100% counter Scizor.

Platinum also balanced things futher which needed to be balanced. Hypnosis with 70% accuracy? Way too high (although Spore at 100% is flat out ********). Walls were a lot harder to stop without so many Pokemon getting access to Trick in Platinum.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Zapdos learning Heat Wave is good. Wards off the All too Common Scizor, although U turn and Stealth Rock will hurt it's ability to switch in and 100% counter Scizor.

Platinum also balanced things futher which needed to be balanced. Hypnosis with 70% accuracy? Way too high (although Spore at 100% is flat out ********). Walls were a lot harder to stop without so many Pokemon getting access to Trick in Platinum.
Spore has that much accuracy because it can't be learned by many pokemon....Just sayin'...

I can only think of 3... Parasect, Breloom, and Smeargle... and Mew, I guess.

Sorry...I'll back off now.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
1:scizor is one of the 12-15

2:platinum made scizor "all too common"

3 the metagame involves 8 pokemon now

4:I don't see a great issue with hypnosis because of the sleep clause

The metagame is based on twave/sandstorm/stall,

The smogon idiots in north america banned garchomp so the general pokemon holding back 80% of pokemon using twave,is gone
Platinum only balanced a select few pokemon

Cresselia gets better setups than garchomp

And the game all around shifts to pokemon who can take an HP fire because every special attacker has it prety much.

Its the same exact game except pokemon have wider movepools.wider movepools allow some pokemon to strive more than the ones who got no good added moves

Therefor unbalances it.

This time last year the fakeouts got popular again and resttalkers.

And 2 years ago this time it was t/s/s and not tw/s/s,

If the game involves a high critical hit ratio where a single critical hit ruins a match, it shouldn't be danced around with all the pokemon that know twave and can 30% make you unable to attack after lowering your speed.

The metagame is,don't get critted,and I hope my twave stuns them.

That's why everyone like my friends zmt and gfzues and the other marriland elites besides the ***s,quit

Game sucks

Kalo said "don't get crit"

TGM

Smash Lord
OMFG I DID THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

I just beat ALL of pokemon red with ONLY BEEDRILL!!!! I had to be level 81 to beat the elite 4 but i did it!!!! I think i got lucky on Lance because i got 2 criticals on his dragonite with "swift" attack!!! YEAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

my setup was

Mega Drain(for water/rock/ground)
Swift(for normal and spam move)
TwinNeedle(MOLESTS poison/psychic)
Hyper Beam(for massive damage)

This has got to be one of the hardest things ive done in my gaming days

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I have to agree with everything Kailo said. I'm ****ing sick of seeing nothing but these 12-15 pokemon. Teams have no originailty these days.

Hurr durr lemme get a Metagross, Scizor, T-tar, Heatran, Salamence/Gyarados, and Azelf and call it a day.

As unbalanced as the meta-game is now, I'm sad that Garchomp is still in uber tier. With Salamence getting outrage and Latias finding her way into OU, why is Garchomp still banned? I'm getting tired of everyone running to Smogon for everything.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Lol p4,

Also @inui lol I agree but think of what other communities think lol

"they play a game with one hit kos(smashballs) all the items,tripping, like no comboes and matches go to time,

That's like the outside the box look^

Which is technically true,cept we modified it

Its normal to us,but think about how modified brawl,and melee too,is just to meet somewhat mediocre como standards,we suck lol

Gea

Smash Master
Or you could man up and play on a console for a MM if you have any sort of skill whatsoever. Transition isn't hard and native console is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom