• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
Well hey guys, i'm going to the Crystal Beach till next thursday, so if any of you guys wanna smash anytime, contact me at 673-1166 for more directions. peace.

edit: (409) 673-1166

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
You have started to build up a tolerance then. I don't know about you guys though, but it was extremely hot/humid today. It sucked.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Roy, why are you so random? You're too good at life

and in smash.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
fiiiiiiiiiine itll see 1 more tourney then its off
i cant eat cereal anymore D:

oh and lets practice anybodyyy i havent played in a few days :O!

onii-chan

Smash Ace
wish i could practice with you...but seeing as how i don't own a wii and i have billions of stuff to do...it won't work out well for me...**** social life is interfering with my gaming life again...but i have improved my metaknight alot...my combos are straightened out and better and i still practicing to get better with my zamus too

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah school sucks. Haven't been able to play much lately in the past couple weeks because of it, and HOBO 5 is in 2 weeks! Luckily school is over in 1 week, so that's at least 1 solid week of practicing.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Darn you people with characters that you can practice with on wifi xD.

If only Ice Climbers were as easy to use online as they are offline xD.

At least I've been working on quite a few new characters, I could only use Ice Climbers, Pit, and Yoshi during the last tournament, now I can use Diddy, Sheik, and Zelda now and I'm deciding on weather the last character I work on should be Pikachu or Toon Link (I tend to like characters with good air game and attacks that come out right when I press the button).

I'll probably only use Ice Climbers and 1 other character at the tournament though xD, since I'm a lot better with Ice Climbers than my other characters (If I can grab you though :p since I can still 0% death grab without doing any special tricks or spiking out of it if I have the right circumstances).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Anyone here live in the Sugar Land area? Tryin to meet some smashers that are close by....

Also i'm up for some smashing next weekend, if anyone wants to do somethin...its ok if you aint in sugar land tho, i dont think anyone plays brawl here :p.

Alunios

Smash Cadet
Anyone here live in the Sugar Land area? Tryin to meet some smashers that are close by....

Also i'm up for some smashing next weekend, if anyone wants to do somethin...its ok if you aint in sugar land tho, i dont think anyone plays brawl here :p.
I'm from Missouri City, kinda near...

heytallman

CTALL

I live about fifteen minutes from Sugar Land, its really convenient for me to get to. Rockettrainer lives in Sugar Land, he usually loves to get practice in, get at him. But I'm good to play, provided I'm not busy.

Also, Jeremy, I know you're lurkin', wanna play, say....Friday early afternoon? Maybe Thursday afternoon? Get at me.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for the June 7th tourney! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to bring a full setup as well. But I'm confused...is this just 1v1 or 2v2 as well? What starts at 2pm? Is this just a one-day thing, or?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everyone better enter teams at Hobo 5!!!!!

EVERYONE!

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Yay, I just confirmed that I'll have a great partner for 2v2s *happy panda dance*

By the way, I disagree about limiting chain grabs and such as of right now, but would be open to someone changing my mind. Regardless, so what happens if I play against ICs in tournament, and they grab me a fourth time? Do I get up and cry to the tournament organizer, and he gets a game loss, or what? I can't imagine how you're going to enforce these policies for a whole tournament...

Also, is Falco's chain grab similarly restricted, or?

heytallman

CTALL
Yay, I just confirmed that I'll have a great partner for 2v2s *happy panda dance*

By the way, I disagree about limiting chain grabs and such as of right now, but would be open to someone changing my mind. Regardless, so what happens if I play against ICs in tournament, and they grab me a fourth time? Do I get up and cry to the tournament organizer, and he gets a game loss, or what? I can't imagine how you're going to enforce these policies for a whole tournament...

Also, is Falco's chain grab similarly restricted, or?
We don't really talk about this in this thread anymore. There's a different topic where this was explained. Concerning Falco, his chaingrab is not limited because its not an infinite, or as Allan put it "there is a light at the end of the tunnel." DeDeDe and IC's can infinite people, so they are restricted. I think DeDeDe can still chain throw, but his infinite chaingrab on characters like Samus, DK, Boozer (lol), and Luigi are limited.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Everyone better enter teams so I can win more money at Hobo 5!!!!!

EVERYONE!

*Dreams of all the money he is going to win*

Will do sir!

By the way, since Vince has abandoned me I need a team partner for this tourney. And not you Onii so please don't ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom