• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
He said he "found an easy way to gimp Peach" so he didn't want to play Peach anymore. Dunno what it was, but it made him quit Peach. And yes, apparently (according to him, that is) he has a pro Jiggs. And I want to trust him, because I think he would be the one to do it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
"pro" is a person who places well and beats good people.....alot. golf is not this.

Xyro77

STFU! u seem to be. Trex seth mr.3000 are all very good players. and u placed 1st/2nd at an event. u seem pro to me.....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pro-Am? Brawl hasn't been out long enough for anyone to be a true "pro" anyways...

Work sucks.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I wish I was Pro :(.
I believe Hylian was being sarcastic. :ohwell:

But Allan, I use "pro" as a word interchangeable with good. Sorry if you misunderstood. Also, while he may not be a "pro" in the player sense, he does play low tier characters (Jiggs/DK) and either way he is still a very cool guy. You can understand can't you? :)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I believe Hylian was being sarcastic. :ohwell:

But Allan, I use "pro" as a word interchangeable with good. Sorry if you misunderstood. Also, while he may not be a "pro" in the player sense, he does play low tier characters (Jiggs/DK) and either way he is still a very cool guy. You can understand can't you? :)
DK is middle ^o^. Anywho's golf will probably have the advantage against people not knowing to expect. I hope to see him beating alot more people this tourney. His jiggs is crazy.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
GUYS QUICK QUESTION

would you guys go to a smashfets this friday if somebody hosted one? because I'm planning on hosting one this friday but I would like to see if its good day for most of you ppl. plus we all need the practice if all you guys can plz give me some feed back thx :)

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
:O
ive been experimenting ALOT, so i know what i have to do do beat most every char.
brawl is seriously only a game of mindgames. anwhoooooooo

ceaser gtfo where have you been man haha i wanted to get together eariler this week but you were never on.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
GUYS QUICK QUESTION

would you guys go to a smashfets this friday if somebody hosted one? because I'm planning on hosting one this friday but I would like to see if its good day for most of you ppl. plus we all need the practice if all you guys can plz give me some feed back thx :)

Do it ghhghgh

Xyro77

Remember guys. HOBO 5 is when team houston will be formed. plz place as well as u can.

Metà

Smash Master
Now, I have never been to Texas, nor do I have any plans to do so in the near future, so I don't really have any business posting here, but I had a quick question to ask of the community here:

Did the community (or at least the major tournament organizers and top player) agree on banning infinites, or was it a solitary--and irrational--decision made by TGM?

TBH I'm stunned that any technique besides a freeze glitch or stall tactic could be banned so early in a game's competitive lifetime.

Xyro77

Plz do not post anything relating to my banning of the ICG. PM me or plz post in the thread about this ban.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah, please don't bring that arguement back to this thread. It's already accepted that he won't be allowing them at his tournaments, nothing will change his mind, it's not like it was completely banned anyways.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yargh, I wish I didn't have work Friday...

But do it anyways. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It would be nice to be able to use both diddy and dk well, from what I've seen with most people I know, it's either one or the other (like I use Diddy and my neighbor uses DK, etc.)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
How'd the smash deal go at ur crib the other day pwny?
It ended up not being able to go as planned so it ended up FooXero just came over to play for a a few hours. But I went to a different smashfest the next day which had 18 people, that one was fun.

Dammit Cesar, this is my last week at work and I just so happen to be working Wed - Sat. Wish I could go, but my 2 weeks left isn't officially over until after Saturday.

Fun Fact: It seems like almost every time I post it starts a new page.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
...wow...this is kinda out of the blue, but i havent played brawl in like... *checks last play time on wii*...THREE FRIGGIN WEEKS!

Well, like I've said b4, I can't make it to HOBO 5, so it's aaight...for now. However, it is traumatizing not to have played it this long. I'm almost having, like, brawl withdrawal...hmm...brawldrawal? :dizzy:

CY

Smash Ace
...wow...this is kinda out of the blue, but i havent played brawl in like... *checks last play time on wii*...THREE FRIGGIN WEEKS!

Well, like I've said b4, I can't make it to HOBO 5, so it's aaight...for now. However, it is traumatizing not to have played it this long. I'm almost having, like, brawl withdrawal...hmm...brawldrawal? :dizzy:
meh, brawl is getting boring imo. i only play some on the weekends when i can play with some actual people instead of CPUs.

but yea, brawl is starting to get a little boring imo. hopefully HOBO 5 will make it a little funner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom