• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO5 is a one day event. 2vs2 will be first this ONE time only and then we will have singles.

if an IC grabs more than 3 times in a row u can call me or dugfin or mr.3000 or trex out and the IC player will lose the match. its easy to inforce since there arnt many IC mains.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Will do sir!

By the way, since Vince has abandoned me I need a team partner for this tourney. And not you Onii so please don't ask.
lol like i would ask you...i don't even know you...so i defiently wouldn't partner with someone i haven't played myself...no team combos there when you don't know how the other plays...btw i wasn't putting it out there as if it was an ad...i was putting it out as an avalible sign to people who don't have a partner and want one during the Hoboness also i am a one man army with metaknight son...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Ah, I can't wait for this tourney. Coming so soon, so fast. How many do we expect this tourney?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will do sir!

By the way, since Vince has abandoned me I need a team partner for this tourney. And not you Onii so please don't ask.
Lol!!!!!

>_>....

I like $$$.

<_<.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hmmmm.... onii STOP Boasting your not that good my friend.... I wanna play against thise 1 stock item kill zamus... Maybe Dk Will solve that problem:) on another note i STILL MAIN DDD he is freaking amazing

and second....
DK
Snake
Meda knight
G&W
Olimar
Kirby

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
HOBO5 is a one day event. 2vs2 will be first this ONE time only and then we will have singles.

if an IC grabs more than 3 times in a row u can call me or dugfin or mr.3000 or trex out and the IC player will lose the match. its easy to inforce since there arnt many IC mains.
crap, do we have to sit through the doubles tourny if me and my friend are just doing singles? Or can we show up later for the singles....

onii-chan

Smash Ace
hmmmm.... onii STOP Boasting your not that good my friend.... I wanna play against thise 1 stock item kill zamus... Maybe Dk Will solve that problem:) on another note i STILL MAIN DDD he is freaking amazing

and second....
DK
Snake
Meda knight
G&W
Olimar
Kirby
first, i am sorry sir but it seems don't even know the meaning of boasting...so don't ***** it out like that...second, psst...coming from someone who...i won't go there cause am a bigger man than that...and yes...i find a way for a quick 1 stock kill with zamus from playing axxo on friday...third, your boasting about how good you think you are so don't bring that mess here

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to argue take it to PMs please. But Pimp and Onii I know you're both cool guys so aren't you above this? Just drop the matter.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yay, I just confirmed that I'll have a great partner for 2v2s *happy panda dance*

By the way, I disagree about limiting chain grabs and such as of right now, but would be open to someone changing my mind. Regardless, so what happens if I play against ICs in tournament, and they grab me a fourth time? Do I get up and cry to the tournament organizer, and he gets a game loss, or what? I can't imagine how you're going to enforce these policies for a whole tournament...

Also, is Falco's chain grab similarly restricted, or?
Honestly, if you don't care about the infinite chain grab rule, then don't call the person out. Not many people use ICs anyway...

Lol @ limiting Falco's chaingrab. It isn't as "broken" as the ICs.

I desire practice this week. :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks for the info, everyone. TGM, count me in for bringing a setup (and getting my $5 entry fee waived) :D.

Btw, anyone up for money matches? $5/$10?
I am up for a 10$ MM.

Xyro77

its best to show up at the time that is said on the first post. I cant tell u how long 2vs2 will go. it will be short though

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
anyone else think sethlon vs. bombsoldier would be an insane matchup?

eh, this shouldve been in the falco video thread...

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Suck my *edit* Sandtrap. You too Pozerwolf.

Anyways, Tarzan and Ronnie, I want to get together to own you both... good deal? ok call meh.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Anyways, something I've tried asking a couple times (one through a PM) that's still unanswered is:

If Ice Climbers throw down and Nana uses Fair and you grab out of that, does that count towards the 3 grabs? or is it only passing from nana to popo and vise versa? Because I know you said a solo climber's chain grab against falcos and wolfs isn't banned because it's not infinite, and the Fair to a grab isn't infinite either. I can adjust my gameplay if it is, but I need to know so I don't get kicked out of the tournament for not understanding the rules.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yes Allan but he's wondering if using an attack in between each grab constitutes as 3 grabs in a row or not. Don't be so harsh, he's asking a perfectly fine question. He was even very nice about it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyways, something I've tried asking a couple times (one through a PM) that's still unanswered is:

If Ice Climbers throw down and Nana uses Fair and you grab out of that, does that count towards the 3 grabs? or is it only passing from nana to popo and vise versa? Because I know you said a solo climber's chain grab against falcos and wolfs isn't banned because it's not infinite, and the Fair to a grab isn't infinite either. I can adjust my gameplay if it is, but I need to know so I don't get kicked out of the tournament for not understanding the rules.
3 grabs in a row means 3 grabs in a row. Dthrow ---> fair is not two grabs, it is a grab out of an attack.

If you notice in my demonstration video I do Dthrow Fair X2 to 3 alternating grabs. TGM said that was legal, because I am only doing 3 grabs in a row.

Xyro77

Yes Allan but he's wondering if using an attack in between each grab constitutes as 3 grabs in a row or not. Don't be so harsh, he's asking a perfectly fine question. He was even very nice about it.

no your right. im just in a bad mood and i shouldnt have been mean like that. im sorry KDR.

infinite grab= grab to grab to grab to tasty grab to awesome grab to grab to mega grab to hairy grab to grab.

i ban this. u can only grab 3 times in a row. sound cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom