• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Oh yeah Onii.
It was awesome playing you in Call of Duty, I was pretty much the only other non-screen looker besides you and Pimpslap.
I wanted to play you in Melee, but I was still in the other tourney.
Got to semi-finals and then got *****.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Oh yeah Onii.
It was awesome playing you in Call of Duty, I was pretty much the only other non-screen looker besides you and Pimpslap.
I wanted to play you in Melee, but I was still in the other tourney.
Got to semi-finals and then got *****.
yeah same here...other that us those two black guys were awesome and wasn't even screen watching they were to good...as i said in my shout out i finally got to play xzalla in melee but tgm denied that when he unplugged the tv...:(

dawn001

Smash Ace
THERE WAS %$264524 MELEE!>? And nobody all of a sudden has my number? I live like freakin 10min away... are you serious... Tarzan I'm very disappointed. JK
1)So did Dawn **** all of you?
2)Does Neon still play link? How is that link?
3)Dawn, Kage, and Neon, I want to play you all... in melee... not Brawl...
4)Josh howd you do in melee?

just tell me when and where and me , and kage , and neon will play you..

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Surely with that practice and sleep you would have easily taken first. It just isn't fair! ;(
My sarcasm senses are tingling...but seriously, you're half right. I would have done much better if I was more awake. I mean, lol...you shoulda seen me play TGM...it was really sad. I killed myself, twice maybe? It was shameful. :urg: But hey, I didn't ever get 3 stocked...that's always good. But still. :dizzy:

I could pull off my combos and whatnot every once in a while, but I just wasn't focusing on my matches much. 2 months of 6 hrs of sleep every nite does that to me, I guess.

Once again, Salocin and LoneWolf are beastly.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
As said before. there will be no melee played untill the brawl events are done or near done. If you put brawl in, it will be taken out or you will have to unplug your tv and leave. melee is dead. you will either face it or just play it on your own time.

heytallman

CTALL
321gnidgnid, for some reason, I find your sig to be very, very humorous. I don't know if it's all the malarkey it contains or what, but for some reason, I'm lovin' the "Link Zone" line.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I could pull off my combos and whatnot every once in a while
Brawl has no combo's. Brawl has exploits.

As said before. there will be no melee played untill the brawl events are done or near done. If you put brawl in, it will be taken out or you will have to unplug your tv and leave. melee is dead. you will either face it or just play it on your own time.
You mean if we put melee in... I wish I had gone, Im being honest. I think Ima start going as long as theres melee after. I'll play toon link, and falco, and ganon, and fox, mabey ike...I dont know its all the same.

just tell me when and where and me , and kage , and neon will play you..
Thats straight, who does everyone main, or is it all sttill the same: fox, link/ganon, link?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Lols, i'm glad u like it, tallman. The Link Zone is awesome. I mean, seriously, how does he hold ALL THAT CRAP just somewhere behind his back!? It's like he's hollow or something, and he pulls all his crap out of his....wow, lol...im never gonna think of link the same way again.

I'd like to challenge you on that. Watch the vid of my friend Salocin playing T-Rex. Fox has a (singular) combo, but hey it's a combo nevertheless. :p

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
You should totally drive down to mag and play with us sometime ^_^ Way out in the middle of nowhere, but I work at home and at my own pace, so I'm free anytime. :)
Thats definitely a bit far for me here in baytown but I'm gonna be heading to spring either tonight or tomorrow to play ronnie. And if I'm reading google maps right, spring is much closer to magnolia. So if ronnie is up to it, me and him could make a little trip out to magnolia. Hope everything falls through.

thrillho60

Smash Rookie
Xyro, just watched some of the vids you posted, and I think I might actually hold my own next weekend- just got to learn to be able to do a consistent directional short hop double arrow w/ toon link, and get KOs at lower %

Of course, I'm probably just being naive.

Seth, I might be able to come up your way tomorrow evening if nothing else comes up. Your falco was looking pretty insane.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
No Melee? Darn... I'm a lot better in Melee than I am in brawl :/ Oh well xD.

It's odd not playing Brawl online for a while, I don't want to kill my timing by playing online a lot with the button delay and then play IRL and press everything too slowly. Luckily I get to battle my best friend in Brawl every day.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You're welcome to drop by, Thrillho :) Just gimme a ring before hand, i always have my cell on me (#=832-482-5588)

Same to you, stiltz/ron-mah-boy, just gimme a call whenever.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Anyone want to get some melee money matches going?

You're welcome to drop by, Thrillho :) Just gimme a ring before hand, i always have my cell on me (#=832-482-5588)

Same to you, stiltz/ron-mah-boy, just gimme a call whenever.
if i get a car can i come? >_<'?

also I really think i might play brawl, toon link is just too cute. I just dont think ill pay to play it, its not that good.... yet. Lets see what other exploits you guys can find.

dawn001

Smash Ace

You mean if we put melee in... I wish I had gone, Im being honest. I think Ima start going as long as theres melee after. I'll play toon link, and falco, and ganon, and fox, mabey ike...I dont know its all the same.

Thats straight, who does everyone main, or is it all sttill the same: fox, link/ganon, link?
i main FALCO AND FOX.
kage mains GANON AND FALCO
neon mains LINK AND GANON

Dawn, where you live?
When I come home for summer, melee will happen all over the place.
i live on 5504 irvington.....hell yeah dude ill be happy to play melee with you or anyone in this community that still wants to play it...

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
hey tgm,

just curious, what software do you use to generate tournament brackets?
He was using Tio, you can get it for free at allisbrawl.com

edit:
By the way, I forgot to ask this. Whose wii+game was that on the station nearest to the door??
I have no idea whether there is a different version of brawl out, or if that copy was just plain messed up, but me and my friends noticed alot of strange stuff happening on it. Two main things to note was that Pit could keep using his Up+B even after being hit (great for him), and Dedede's downthrow suffered from complete move decay from the first time using it. (making it impossible to do his infinite standing chaingrab on mario, luigi, etc without mixing jabs in, versus normally you can do exactly 5 grabs before it stales and you need to add jabs in.)
This is not a john, I still won my match with that mario (almost lost to the time limit though), just thought I'd throw it out there and maybe someone knows why it was different.:confused::confused:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone want to MM me at PZ???? ^_^.

My IC's?

I promise I will only infinite you 3 stock :).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Isn't there a Brawl version 1.1 already out? If it's true, the only thing I heard about it was that they changed Ganon's dthrow, but it looks like it's true...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it was my set up that wa sby the door. and i assure you its not messed up. its the same as all the other people who got their game at midnight. the mess up is on the player not the game.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Didn't have a chance to make it to the UoH tournament, however I should be able to hit by the PZ tourny this coming week.

My money matches still stand, I just don't remember who wanted to MM me, lol.

Ah, oh well.
I'm up for money matches.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sethlon, we gonna team?

:).

Status
Not open for further replies.