• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Xyro, if you want to point out a MK ditto for planking, go watch Dojo vs TehSpamerer at Cot4. The video you linked is of two MK players who would do lose reguardless to better players, and would probably do worse with planking. Dojo vs Spam is similar, but both are TOP players, and you can clearly see Dojo punishing, and even taking stocks off spam when he planks.

Gea

Smash Master
Xyro, if you want to point out a MK ditto for planking, go watch Dojo vs TehSpamerer at Cot4. The video you linked is of two MK players who would do lose reguardless to better players, and would probably do worse with planking. Dojo vs Spam is similar, but both are TOP players, and you can clearly see Dojo punishing, and even taking stocks off spam when he planks.
This this this.

10thises.

Dittos aside there is a topic right now discussing ways for every character to get around it. Once you are ahead they HAVE to approach you anyways.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i didnt know they were recorded. i will check them out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was in Dallas when Xyro sent I guess Bear a link to that match with 2 MK's...

There were a few things I noticed about it:

1. Both MK's were planking kinda bad/wrong/sloppy lol. The planking shown in that vid I could easily fart on them as Wario and stage spike them no problem, Dair them, etc.

2. They didn't seem to take the match very seriously. They wouldn't approach much on stage, like look at the beginning they both spawn and kinda mess around lol. They did this a lot of the match, and they both usually gave the other one plenty of room to plank for himself.

Don't get me wrong, I think planking is dumb when done right, but no one in Texas either is willing to do it or they do it wrong and give it beatable openings for most characters. Unless Dojo, Infinity, Me, and maybe Roy start doing this, I think it would be more trouble than benefit to instate a rule on that particular subject.

Gea

Smash Master
would michael jordan play2win?lolol
Only if it scored him another commercial for Ballpark Franks and Hanes underwear.

Edit: Can you imagine if they did commercials for Smash pros? What kind of product would M2K endorse?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Are you just saying that cause we live in SA and you are a spurs fan? Bruce is a dirty player, i remember last year or the year before when someone took a jump shot he slid his foot under them so when they landed they rolled there ankle pretty bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is it true...you'll never know.

OR WILL YOU?

I do say that I secretly hate everyone.

Hmm. :)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
if m2k was to endorse something it certainly wouldn't be a hygiene based product, probably something like dog food

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Kown u disappoint me.

Wait...didnt u lose to Ding Ding while playing to win...hmm...

Link beats planking...LOL
That's because it was Dingding. He goes to my school, Lamar. And going to Lamar has a macial power that makes people attend it epic.

Dingding's Link > Planking. :p

Dingding hype! He's going to win Whobo! Just like Tallman won HOBO 14, he was just in disguise.

(I just give random people hype at times when I'm bored. Same thing as me walking up to people randomly and saying "You now main <insert character here that doesn't suit the person>"
*Is tired while typing this so I'm just bored*

Roy_R

Smash Apprentice
I was in Dallas when Xyro sent I guess Bear a link to that match with 2 MK's...

There were a few things I noticed about it:

1. Both MK's were planking kinda bad/wrong/sloppy lol. The planking shown in that vid I could easily fart on them as Wario and stage spike them no problem, Dair them, etc.

2. They didn't seem to take the match very seriously. They wouldn't approach much on stage, like look at the beginning they both spawn and kinda mess around lol. They did this a lot of the match, and they both usually gave the other one plenty of room to plank for himself.

Don't get me wrong, I think planking is dumb when done right, but no one in Texas either is willing to do it or they do it wrong and give it beatable openings for most characters. Unless Dojo, Infinity, Me, and maybe Roy start doing this, I think it would be more trouble than benefit to instate a rule on that particular subject.
I sent Xyro the link :lick:

How do i change my name's color :hunger:

heytallman

CTALL
Dingding hype! He's going to win Whobo! Just like Tallman won HOBO 14, he was just in disguise.
LOL yeah at HOBO 15 you just come up to me and you were like "congratulations on winning HOBO 14 last week," I was like "wut"

I want Pop-Tarts, I think I'll go buy some right now.

edit for Roy: lol silly Roy, you can't change your name's color unless you are a part of a special group, such as BRoomers. Play me so I can learn how to beat Marths with my ROB.....and die.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
wow....well, this is disappointing news...

I can't go to WHOBO....... :cry:

I HAVE to go to this all-weekend-long convention thing over in the George R. Brown convention center (you know, the one with all the ugly red pipes sticking out everywhere xD).

So yeah...my friendlies with Deva = poof. Gone. :urg:

Oh well...I guess there's always the PnT tournies. And HOBO16. GL at WHOBO every1! I don't want to see anyone but houstonians in the top 5 in singles. Represent! :]

Gea

Smash Master
if m2k was to endorse something it certainly wouldn't be a hygiene based product, probably something like dog food
Dude no. He would endorse Orange Fanta. Great straight from the can!

Then it cuts to him reaching in the trash for a half empty bottle.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
but fanta has those hot chicks!!

better make it RC cola

also i took the pokemon quiz

I'm Lucario!?

Popertop

Smash Champion
I want Pop-Tarts, I think I'll go buy some right now.
:urg:

but I'm all the way in beaumont, the shipping alone will take forever, nevermind the whole cloning process.

Dude no. He would endorse Orange Fanta. Great straight from the can!

Then it cuts to him reaching in the trash for a half empty bottle.

LOL

Edit: Where's this pokemon quiz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom