• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
yeah but he gets grab released by brawl roster. i don't wanna deal with that stuff. he is great in doubles though

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't recommend it, Allan will get mad at you unless you drop a few tiers

LOL

PeteyPercocet

Smash Rookie
yeah but he gets grab released by brawl roster. i don't wanna deal with that stuff. he is great in doubles though
lol it's known that the grab release isn't even that big of a deal. wario is probably the hardest character to grab anyway.

this ***** wario lives to mad high% anyway so GG ozzy

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Wario is amazingly fun.
Yea Wario is crucial if you know how to tame his talents. His grabs and farts are powerful and + he makes people angry when he bites them with his teeth. :laugh:

Ozz Good advice to you is try all the characters and find out which one matchs your personality. See I mained MK cause I have the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 blood in me thats why when I play Im not nice like letting you back on the stage. Stuff like that is not ACCEPTABLE in Marvel. You will get punished for your mistakes...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He only gets grab released by HALF the roster, thank you very much. And even then it's not that huge a deal, most of the time the grabs are just for kill moves, b/c otherwise you live forever :D

Also... I was thinking, but couldn't MK/Pit players easily bypass the ledge rule by just gliding under the stage to the other ledge? It wastes a ****load of time and saves them a couple grabs.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
He only gets grab released by HALF the roster, thank you very much. And even then it's not that huge a deal, most of the time the grabs are just for kill moves, b/c otherwise you live forever :D

Also... I was thinking, but couldn't MK/Pit players easily bypass the ledge rule by just gliding under the stage to the other ledge? It wastes a ****load of time and saves them a couple grabs.
yea warios broken lol not to mention at times ppl forget the grab release n some characters cant follow up that well on it cuz they doesnt know how

and idk most pits dont really spend TOO much time on the edge and spam arrows.............unless youre kown of course :chuckle:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have a question about the ledge grab rule... for Ice Climbers, do you just count for popo? And since my color makes both IC look the same... it would be hard to tell who's who between both of my climbers xD.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

20 or less ledge grab rule, kown gets last at every tournament :p
well most character can leap off stage or run to the other side and hit them as the glide. kown/seiya/xyro all attempt it when possible.

and IF i use the ledge grab rule i MIGHT just apply it to metaknight.

kown

Smash Lord
and idk most pits dont really spend TOO much time on the edge and spam arrows.............unless youre kown of course :chuckle:
20 or less ledge grab rule, kown gets last at every tournament :p
lololol. ledge camping isnt as bad as warios AD..so get off my d!ck. haha jk i know i played as gay as possible...but now i never get gayed..so im happy. pit is mid tier also. OZZFEST was a practice for whats to come.

PeteyPercocet

Smash Rookie
well most character can leap off stage or run to the other side and hit them as the glide. kown/seiya/xyro all attempt it when possible.

and IF i use the ledge grab rule i MIGHT just apply it to metaknight.
no it should apply to all characters. MK isn't the only good planker, obv.

Xyro77

no it should apply to all characters. MK isn't the only good planker, obv.
I can tell you right now i can beat any form of plainking with samus except metaknights.

not to mention metaknight isnt banned(and as long as THIS sbr is here, he will stay legal) and he has TOO MANY advantages and ZERO disadvantages.

attaching a simple rule of 50 LG is fine.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Some characters don't really need anything banned from them because they aren't really good plankers anyways.

Ice Climbers and Peach are two characters I can think of, because they get gimped so easily if they try, anyways.

There're also others. I get planked against a lot for some reason. Usually Ice Blocks make it harder for people to, or Peach's turnips, though it never seems to work against MK x.x

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
lololol. ledge camping isnt as bad as warios AD..so get off my d!ck. haha jk i know i played as gay as possible...but now i never get gayed..so im happy. pit is mid tier also. OZZFEST was a practice for whats to come.
lol wait "practice for whats to come" as in.......a MOAR developed camping strategy?! DEar God..........

haha :laugh:

Allan are u gonna test this at a small tourney to see how it goes? i think thats what louisiana is doing just to test it out.

its the same to me either way i prefer not to play gay lol

Gea

Smash Master
Exactly y I've started playing gay. You either get gayed or you gay them (and win). And in the end people will only remember winners
You sound too much like Plank.

And Allan, don't be a fool. If you're going to make a rule, make a universal rule. Pit doesn't need to grab the edge 70 times (like once every 6 seconds) per metch. If Kown can't keep up with the counter, that's his problem and his choice to play that way. And nothing against Kown either.

You can't try to balance the game with rules that only effect certain characters. Players have gimped planking metas before, so your argument is alittle flawed. Mind you, my opinion on planking isn't that it is so easy to stop (in Brawl anyways), but that if you make a decision on planking it needs to be universal.

Next let's limit how many grenades Snake can use, but not how many lasers a falco can!

Also Ozz, if you're tired of Falco just drop him for awhile totally. Focus on playing as much as you can with a new character and don't worry about losing. It should not take you a year to pick up someone new. Hell, I picked up a decent DK in like, two days. Refinement is what takes time, but that's okay. That's the fun part. Marth isn't that easy to pick up anyways, he requires mad spacing.

Also if you don't want Melee to be dead in Houston, play the game. The more people that play, the less of a dead game it is. Silly.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Next let's limit how many grenades Snake can use, but not how many lasers a falco can!
That same thing was said when Ice Climber's chain grabs were limited and Falco's weren't... D:

I don't think that arguement will work.

However, now that I remembered the chain grab debate, I don't see too much of a problem with having planking limited on all characters, instead of just MK. (I just don't want to have another thing that I have to keep counting is all :p Escpecially when Nana makes it so confusing for me x.x)

Gea

Smash Master
It isn't like ICs can stall on the edge safely, KRD. You're just asking for Nana to die if you go over the 70 rule. Then without Nana you're even more boned. You really have nothing to worry about.

Xyro77

You sound too much like Plank.

And Allan, don't be a fool. If you're going to make a rule, make a universal rule. Pit doesn't need to grab the edge 70 times (like once every 6 seconds) per metch. If Kown can't keep up with the counter, that's his problem and his choice to play that way. And nothing against Kown either.

You can't try to balance the game with rules that only effect certain characters. Players have gimped planking metas before, so your argument is alittle flawed. Mind you, my opinion on planking isn't that it is so easy to stop (in Brawl anyways), but that if you make a decision on planking it needs to be universal.

Completly different moves/concepts. dont even try it.

if i choose to do the rule it will be on meta only. I wont argue this with anybody, its the way it is and i wont change my mind. if it was an ordeal over stages or something i will bend and give in a LITTLE, but not this. Tell me, does a yoshi ledge stalling with eggs cause you to lose a match(if u stand there, yes)? Does a pit doing u-air or arrow ledge stall win a match(you can run off and bair)? Now with metaknight there are certain characters that cant do ANYTHING about it and there are certain levels that you cant do ANYTHING about it. so i ban it.

Banning it DOESNT not make the match-up easier or harder in any way. it makes it less gay.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, interesting rules are interesting. :)

Gea

Smash Master

if i choose to do the rule it will be on meta only. I wont argue this with anybody, its the way it is and i wont change my mind. if it was an ordeal over stages or something i will bend and give in a LITTLE, but not this. Tell me, does a yoshi ledge stalling with eggs cause you to lose a match(if u stand there, yes)? Does a pit doing u-air or arrow ledge stall win a match(you can run off and bair)? Now with metaknight there are certain characters that cant do ANYTHING about it and there are certain levels that you cant do ANYTHING about it. so i ban it.

Banning it DOESNT not make the match-up easier or harder in any way. it makes it less gay.
Actually there are characters that can work around Meta. GW is actually almost as good as Meta about edgestalling as he can bucket almost every projectile. Singling out a character on the edge with a rule is a stupid concept.

Certain characters are still going to lose against Meta. Others will always lose to Falco or DDD because that's how the matchup goes. If you feel that way you CHANGE CHARACTERS. Despite your (well intentioned) attempts at balancing the game with arbitrary rules, it hasn't helped at all except in maybe gimping Houston's IC experience by intially stifling their growth. Though I'm getting off topic and that point could be argued. Back to the issue...

Certain characters still have no answer to Pit or GW planking (DK is a good example) on the ledge. By your logic Pit's/GWs should be banned.

This is all ignoring the fact that 70 is still a huge number and players who want to plank will still go to 60+.

Oh yeah, and this is all coming from a Peach player, and she supposedly gets screwed as badly (or worse) than Falco against people who plank.

Gnes

Smash Master

Uh If u allow planking for other characters they can just run away when u pressure them on an edge and run to the next edge...all the while getting chip damage in the process. U know whats funny the same prediction u use to stop pit planking(which i assume u think works even though if they do it right it doesnt) can be used to stop metaknight. Also..u need to define what u mean by planking...because planking and ledge stalling are different correct???

When Kown planked against me...i just set on the other ledge and waited...he got the message.

Edit:GAW planking is amazing..Ive seen Zac do it...it beats every meta attempt to recover...beat that :)

heytallman

CTALL
Allan, that's kinda dumb about limiting it to only MK for planking. Other characters can do it just as good, and saying "Yoshi/Pit don't win from doing it" is not an excuse.

Gea

Smash Master
What's the difference between ledgestalling and planking? Or are they the same thing?
Ledgestalling is usually just sitting there and forcing approach, but for all intents and purposes they may as well be the same since they work off of the same principles. They use invincibility frames on the ledge to run the timer and prevent successful approach. The term "planking" was coined specifically for Meta shuttlespamming the edge.

It was called ledgestalling in Melee when Plank did it with Shiek's up + B. So...

PeteyPercocet

Smash Rookie
any form of planking is extremly gay. gayer than any falco laser camping or grenade camping snake. true story. for the sake of brawl don't plank!:embarrass

allan please don't just ban MKs. if a pit for example gets a lead, some characters can't do **** if he decides to plank. same goes for other characters who can plank too. if MK can't do it, then no one can imo. i think you just want to plank with samus and get away with it ya slydog o_o

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and this is all coming from a Peach player, and she supposedly gets screwed as badly (or worse) than Falco against people who plank.
She is? I figured the turnips helpped her...

Then again, I have had trouble against a planking Fox before, so I got impacient and got shinespiked for it, and Peach can't really recover from that x.x

Also, I just like adding to debates... hopefully bring up some points.

Gea

Smash Master
She is? I figured the turnips helpped her...

Then again, I have had trouble against a planking Fox before, so I got impacient and got shinespiked for it, and Peach can't really recover from that x.x

Also, I just like adding to debates... hopefully bring up some points.
Since her and Falco have not so great vertical recoveries (and turnips don't have good priority) she is considered easily gimped if she tries to backair anyone off of the ledge. Personally I wouldn't try that per se but I can see her not having a good time against, say, a GW on the ledge.

Still, I think if this is going to become a trend I'll just ask Keith to help me practice getting people off of the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom