• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hm.....k so bout the LA situation,

its about 5 hours to get there and since Jerm can't go it would be only me and Gnes driving.

Kalo and Sethlon need to be back by like 8 a.m the next morning that would be super tough considering sethlon and Gnes live like a country away from each other and the tourney probably wouldnt end until like 2 a.m. since its starting at 6 :/

*doesn't know what to do*

Gnes

Smash Master
hm.....k so bout the LA situation,

its about 5 hours to get there and since Jerm can't go it would be only me and Gnes driving.

Kalo and Sethlon need to be back by like 8 a.m the next morning that would be super tough considering sethlon and Gnes live like a country away from each other and the tourney probably wouldnt end until like 2 a.m. since its starting at 6 :/

*doesn't know what to do*
Well the thing with that is...i have no specific time to be home though sethlon and kalo do...Idk Seiya...u should talk to seth and kalo...make the best choice in regards to you guys situations :)

Sudai

Stuff here
Our Friday night tournies usually end between 12AM and 3AM, so your 2AM is a very good guestimate. I don't think we're doing pools this time, but we're doing teams..so yeah. :x

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
*randomly looks at HOBO11 results*

Wha...!? Swoll was not ganon xD he was proshi all the way. I played him in loser's bracket.

Also...it turns out that there isn't much of a point for me to go to PnT this weekend D: Even if I do miraculously get 1st (lol), I won't be able to go to the grand finals on Marth 28th. I'll be outta town. :urg:
I'll probably go just for the heck of it, with my friend, so we can have some WHOBO practice. :p

Edit: ^^(at Sudai's post) Speaking of which...we haven't done pools since HOBO11. They really worked out; everyone got plenty of matches, and it didn't take too much longer than if we did a tourney without pools. I'm up for pools again.
Oh wai-WHOBO. that's right. Almost forgot. xD wow. Now I'm looking forward to WHOBO even more. MOAR HYPE GET!

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
k well if we go we would stay the nite cuz thats wayyyy too much driving sorry sethlon :(

would anybody else wanna go?

also, i turned 20 today yay? lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
YES! i got my net working just now!!!!!!!!

thanks RT! i did what you said 5 times in a row and it worked on the 5th time.

also, i sent results to ozz. thread should be up in a sec

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
thanks for attending guys :)

People left a lot of things. some things are unknown and i dont know who owns them :

- a black Fruit Loom shirt
- a black Hanes hoodie. XL
- a key attached to a lanyard. says "walmart" on the key.

also i have a purple gamecube memory card that i'm pretty sure light left. if its lights, ill give it to rockettrainer so he can give it to him at the college station tourney.

Results Thread

Edit: I will make sure the next Ozzfest (June) will have more fans and food/drinks in the garage. I'll probably just keep the garage open the whole day from now on.

Also, everyone should vote in this poll - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226496
Texas doesn't really have a problem with planking but we should vote on it anyway.

Xyro77

guys, if anybody has put home brew on thier wii. PLEASE get on AIM or MSN and help me out. i want texture hacks and infinite replay!!!!!

aim=xyro77
msn=was7x@hotmail.com

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
guys, if anybody has put home brew on thier wii. PLEASE get on AIM or MSN and help me out. i want texture hacks and infinite replay!!!!!

aim=xyro77
msn=was7x@hotmail.com
Youtube tutorials ftw, trying a normal FAQ was a pain. I just hacked my friend's wii last week.

free VC games ftw as well.

Gnes

Smash Master
done and done lol

yeh things turned out lame so no go for us :/

but ill get a car for LasT3 and ya'll can get priority to ride with if ya'll want it lol
:embarrass

Thats so sweet...cool man...dont worry ur not letting anyone down that would have been alot of driving for the both us lol...though i must admit i did wanna see my old home

Anyways im so ready to play...cant wait till sandy, roy, and rt wake up...itll be amazing.

Gnes

Smash Master
I'm already up, lol. *Yawn*. How late do you think we'll be able to play, btw? What time are we starting, anyways?
Start whenever u get here...i think RT's coming at 1...who knows when roys coming...Yeah u should probably just come around 1. Also...u can play till 8 or 9. Basically massive friendlies will be had

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Start whenever u get here...i think RT's coming at 1...who knows when roys coming...Yeah u should probably just come around 1. Also...u can play till 8 or 9. Basically massive friendlies will be had
Sweet, I think I'll be able to be there around 1:30pm or so. Could you pm your number incase I need directions, etc?

Also, do you or RT or Roy know how to hack a Wii? I'd really like the infinite replay and textures if it doesn't take too long to do :(.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll bring my recording setup for either record vids/stream or whatever. If you guys can figure out how to do texture hacks, we can do it right there. My laptop has an SD card reader too.

See you guys there. :)

Gnes

Smash Master
Sweet, I think I'll be able to be there around 1:30pm or so. Could you pm your number incase I need directions, etc?

Also, do you or RT or Roy know how to hack a Wii? I'd really like the infinite replay and textures if it doesn't take too long to do :(.
832-545-5957 its on the front page anyways :)

Yeah i texted RT to bring another wii i have another tv so 2 sets of friendlies...i wish i could have more people over but i live with my parents so :urg:

But yeah see u guys when yall get here

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
832-545-5957 its on the front page anyways :)

Yeah i texted RT to bring another wii i have another tv so 2 sets of friendlies...i wish i could have more people over but i live with my parents so :urg:

But yeah see u guys when yall get here
Good luck Gness in LA. Rep the lone star state and tell them smashes I said "Dont mess with houston texas smashers" :chuckle: Also you see Dojo down there tell him I said "I got him". He know what it means. We talk in airbrush code...

Will you be the next Weekly champion at AirbrushKing SSBB Series Vol.1? This will be the last weekly/qualifer spot until the finals championship party!

Current Champions Rankings that are in the finals party happening on (March 28)

Badnewsbear (Weekly)
Fliphop (Weekly)
Gnes (Monthly)
Jerm (Weekly)
Bivi (Weekly)
Marveyn (Monthly)
Mr.3000 (Weekly)
T-Rex (Weekly)
Ozz (Monthly)
Trela (Weekly)
Seiya (Weekly)
Stiltz (Monthly)
Romeo (Weekly)

See you all at the next tournament on Mar 21,2009 Play N Trade Highway 6 and Bissonet--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ (Double Elimination has been enforced + Chairs)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Whee, I'm going to RedInvader's smashfest today. Looks like it's time to break out my epic, undefeated, non-jumping Falco for more than one match a day, for a change!

And if my Bowser continues to be better than my Sheik, at this smashfest, then I'll probably quit Sheik and switch to Bowser as my main alt.

Edit: I should also bring out my 1-handed Falcon for friendlies and stuff, I'm better with him when I use 1 hand then two, now, because I have such a hard time controlling him with one hand that I'm unpredictable xD.

Edit: Dang, Dingding's mom won't let him pick me up so I can't go D:

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
wtf is a main alt....

I am getting tired of this game.
I have to stick with Falco who I've been maining for almost a year and I know the matchups/am experienced with him/know the mindgames, yet I don't enjoy playing Falco and I can't pick up a new character because it'd take months to get experienced and learn the matchups/mindgames. ....so basically I'm stuck with a character I don't enjoy playing and cant switch chars. How am I supposed to get better with a character I don't like playing as? I am getting nowhere in this game.

And melees dead. (in texas)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ozz, you can if you play enough. Look at Gnes's Diddy...he used to play Kirby for almost a year, switched to Diddy, played about two weeks to learn the Diddy basics...and look at him now. Just play with your character more and more, and enter a few tournaments using only that character. You will get better with your new main. :)

Also, guess I'll have a stream up for Gnes's house...because I can, lol. :)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/houston-smash-stream-Myself, Gnes, Sand-Trap, Jerm, and Roy will be here.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
wtf is a main alt....

I have to stick with Falco who I've been maining for almost a year and I know the matchups/am experienced with him/know the mindgames, yet I don't enjoy playing Falco and I can't pick up a new character because it'd take months to get experienced and learn the matchups/mindgames. ....so basically I'm stuck with a character I don't enjoy playing and cant switch chars. How am I supposed to get better with a character I don't like playing as? I am getting nowhere in this game.

try playing falco with no lasers, that's fun =D

Xyro77

wtf is a main alt....

i have the answer for you but u my not like it. PM me if u wanna know

PeteyPercocet

Smash Rookie
ozz i just picked up wario, he is actually getting pretty good after just one day of using him.

fyi this is a fellow TX falco player, that isn't sethlon :O we played at a recent HOBO.

wario is ftw. or hell, just pick up MK like most of the people.

PeteyPercocet

Smash Rookie
he really is lol. he is a beast in teams too. i actually want to play some brawl now after playing some wario. i love me some wario

it's just a good change after playing falco for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom