• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
ok seth. I dont wanna see your with top 10 placement at hobo 16 with like pokemon trainer or something lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok so theres gonna be a massive up on HOBO 16 coming in a few hours. pretty much we will just do brawl and sf4

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Testing something

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELCRQK-f478&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELCRQK-f478&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit: Yeauhzzz

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think only mods and admins can embed. ;)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
To those going to Ozzfest tomorrow........

• I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of this but I'm just gonna mention this just in case. This tournament is NOT at the Drink Station like last time, this is at my house, and will be from now on. - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217926
    http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5258
  • This is not inside my house, it's in the garage. When you get to the house, just look to the right and you'll a see a open garage.
  • I just got done fixing up my garage. There's 4 tables that can hold 2-3 setups each. That should be enough because I highly doubt we will get more than 10 setups. Xyro is providing power strips.
  • Depending on the turnout, the garage might get a little packed. If this truly becomes a problem, then we can move some setups/people into my house.
  • My basketball hoop is just outside my garage. I have one bball so feel free to shoot around or start a game if you get bored or something.
  • *Important->* Singles - 5$. Try to pay this with a 5$ dollar bill or 1$s. Unless you absolutely must pay in a 10 dollar bill or something....Same goes for the others. Venue - 2$, please pay this in 1$s. Doubles 4$ (per team), please pay this in ones as well.... this will make things super smooth and easy....
  • There will be one (or more) setups for melee playing at one point. hopefully before/after the tourney. Someone is gonna MM seth in melee :)
  • Don't be too loud when it gets dark (like idk, past 8pm?). I don't want my asian neighbors 3 stocking me.
  • Might as well have a live stream.... I'll post it in this thread if it happens.
  • We are going to Chili's afterwards.
  • Have fun, and make sure to get in as many friendlies as possible to maximize your tourney experience. If you have any problems just talk to me at the tourney. also, my number is 713-382-7595

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
BRING FULL SET-UPs(wii/tv/ssbb)

good luck with chilies. its gonna be a huge *** wait

royr/seth/razer/gnes/jerm

and a OUT OF STATE rep by the name of "captain love" will be there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*wonders why his name was left out*

*realizes it's because he is trash*

*starts crying in corner*

Try Chili's first...if it is crowded, then IHOP. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Does anyone have any good ideas for a combo video that isn't really themed around anything?

I'm making a combo video with just whatever characters I happen to get good clips from, but I can't think of a name.

Right now I just have a couple Ice Climber clips, 2 Sheik clips, some Falcon clips, and some Jigglypuff clips, and I'm making sure not to use any top tiers in it, and that's it, if that helps give any ideas.

The best I can come up with is "What's a Main?" which is a boring title x.x

heytallman

CTALL
The best I can come up with is "What is a Main?" which is a boring title x.x
You can just simply title it "What is Main?" and use "What is Love?" as the song.

Or just use a title that's really self centered - "I'm KRD; I kick *** and will definitely **** you up."

Hope your video turns out good. I'm working on a combo video of myself as well. I'm calling it "PK Hate"

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Cool. I'll bring my giant *** Ethernet cable just in case. Also, we are gonna leave at 12:00 pm. Should be there right at 2:00 pm

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You can just simply title it "What is Main?" and use "What is Love?" as the song.

Or just use a title that's really self centered - "I'm KRD; I kick *** and will definitely **** you up."

Hope your video turns out good. I'm working on a combo video of myself as well. I'm calling it "PK Hate"
I already have my song picked out (Descent of the Archangel by Kamelot), but I could always change it if I wanted :p

I was thinking of making the title "The man with 37 mains", like you called me once, but I'd just get a bunch of noob comments like "I didn't see this character and this character in there" <.<

I'm going to try to not rush this video so it'll actually be good. I have a few epic clips so far, and I'm going to try to make the video only those. I have a few already that I want to remove because I noticed that the players in them kind of sucked x.x

I wanna see your Lucas combo video when it's done, since you told me about it a long time ago.

Oh yeah, Santi's combo video is the inspiration for me starting this one combo video, now :p

Edit: Oh yeah, it's not considered rude to fake suicides just to get replay datas is it? Like... running into a smash attack and then DIing towards the death barrier so they don't notice. Because I've been doing that a lot lately xD.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have any good ideas for a combo video that isn't really themed around anything?

I'm making a combo video with just whatever characters I happen to get good clips from, but I can't think of a name.

Right now I just have a couple Ice Climber clips, 2 Sheik clips, some Falcon clips, and some Jigglypuff clips, and I'm making sure not to use any top tiers in it, and that's it, if that helps give any ideas.

The best I can come up with is "What's a Main?" which is a boring title x.x
Well if you're not having any top tiers, just call it
"We have to share our tiers" haha

And Thank you to whoever put Melee in, now i have a reason to hit L before I hit the ground =D

Zori

Smash Champion
Edit: Oh yeah, it's not considered rude to fake suicides just to get replay datas is it? Like... running into a smash attack and then DIing towards the death barrier so they don't notice. Because I've been doing that a lot lately xD.

lol no way i do this all the time, if the match is not going to end in 3 mins i just kill myself :laugh:

gl everyone at ozzfest :embarrass

gnes buy stuffed french toast

*goes to train his metaknight*

Sudai

Stuff here
Nope, only me.
Don't let him fool you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5v8Myoltijo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5v8Myoltijo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom