• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
This is what you have and what needs to be corrected.

Also, everyone now knows you as Xyro, only the old school Melee players still remember you as TGM. Listing yourself as both makes you look like two people.

I thought i wouldnt never attend one of these........ANIME MATSURI!!!!!!!!!! If you have ever wanted to attend a tournament, now is the time! This anime convention/tournament WILL BE HUGE(we expect 250+ people) and it will be ran but MULTIPLE, experienced, delicious TO's(Xyro/TGM/Dugfin/De Angelo)! There are over 8 fighting game tournaments to be played at this event so plz chck this event out even if you do not play brawl. Oh i almost forgot, the BRAWL event gets an extra 1000$ added to whatever the first place pot turns out to be(2nd-5th also get money). PLZ READ BELOW FOR MORE INFO!!!!!!!
I thought I would never attend one of these........ANIME MATSURI!!!!!!!!!! If you have ever wanted to attend a tournament, now is the time! This anime convention/tournament WILL BE HUGE(we expect 250+ people) and it will be ran by MULTIPLE, experienced, delicious TO's (Xyro/TGM/Dugfin/De Angelo)! There are over 8 fighting game tournaments to be played at this event so please check this event out, even if you do not play Brawl. Oh I almost forgot, the BRAWL event gets an extra 1000$ added to whatever the first place pot turns out to be(2nd-5th also get money). PLEASE READ BELOW FOR MORE INFO!!!!!!!

Address specifics: This is a super nice hotel. We recomend getting a hotel room with several other players to save moneyz. For phone reservations please call 1-281-367-9797 and reference "ANIME MATSURI" for the special convention rate! If you need directions or ANYTHING AT ALL, xyro/tgm or Dugfin.
Address specifics: This is a super nice hotel. We recommend getting a hotel room with several other players to save money. For phone reservations please call 1-281-367-9797 and reference "ANIME MATSURI" for the special convention rate! If you need directions or ANYTHING AT ALL, Xyro/TGM or Dugfin.[/quote]

Rules: The rules that will be used for the brawl event if the rules XYRO created. If you disagree, plz EXPLAIN in GREAT detail and be NICE about it. If you make valid points, i will change the rules. If you just going to complain because your a little poop faced baby(im looking at you inui) then i will ignore and most likely stab you multiple times with a rusty butter knfe. BTW metaknight IS LEGAL, get this in your head RIGHT NOW! That piece of **** broken character is LEGAL. Are you happy Inui/M2k?
Rules: The rules that will be used for the brawl event are the rules Xyro uses for all of his HOBO tournaments. If you disagree, please EXPLAIN in GREAT detail and be NICE about it. If you make valid points, I will change the rules.

(This should be cut..... but here goes.)

If you're just going to complain because you're a little poop-faced baby (Im looking at you Inui), then I will ignore you and most likely stab you multiple times with a rusty butter knife. BTW Metaknight IS LEGAL. Get this in your head RIGHT NOW! That piece of **** broken character is LEGAL. Are you happy Inui/M2k?

As someone taking Editing and Writing for Public Relations courses..... I feel obligated to correct this.

In conclusion, I'd like to offer my services for this tournament as well. PM me if you want to let me know what needs to be done.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
GO TO DRINK STATION BY 4pm today!!!!!!!!!!!!! royr,gness,xyro,furbs,rt and many others are going!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and remember, we will lose our right to play at drink station if we do not buy a drink or bag of chips there. dont wreck this guys, bring at least 5 bucks with u to drink station!

king, i read what u edited....ill make thread right now. go check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks

ozz, thats what u get for not keeping up with the rules.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The only TRULY neutral stage is Smashville (well, it's not truly neutral, but it's the most neutral). Every other stage favor one type of character/playstyle more than others. FD is a campfest, BF favors disjointed hitboxes, PS1 has rock stadium, infinites, etc, YI has a whole bunch of weird **** to it, so on and so forth.

Sudai

Stuff here
suh liek

all dem "naturalz" stagez be whackz. dey juz mac de hieh teirz evun bettur!!

ey sey u bann nethng datz not Mushroomy Kingdom II (the underworld) cuz iz faer 2 evrywun

Serious post is serious.

Really though, I want to hear your reasons for not wanting Yoshi's on Neutral? o.O

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I dont like yoshi's cause I'm selfish and I want everything to go toon links way =]. But yea, high cieling, wierd floor. Bad for tink

Sudai

Stuff here
Pfft, that's no reason for something to be off the Neutral. If I had my way, the neutrals would be Luigi's, Japes, Yoshi's, Frigate, and Skyworld. lol

Esca

Smash Champion
Sudai, I think Yoshi's should be counter-pick. I think the stage is really weird, because the slants give hit-boxes crazy-ness.

+ u cnat brake a sheyuld on thur without dem fallen zzzz's.

Gnes

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island rewards people with good DI with its large borders. So...get better with DI. It totally doesn't have anything with it being a good Lucario stage. ;)

Seriously gais, Warioware should be neutral. I mean, it gives you rewards for doing minigames! If you get hit by an obstacle, it's your own fault! :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I just found out today that it wasn't my friend that died in that car crash like I thought, but another Stephanie that was a Junior at my school that had a similar last name to my friend that I thought it was.

So in short, my friend that I thought died = Alive. Some random girl = dead.

*Remembers that SSBB exists* Dang, been so long since I've played.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just found out today that it wasn't my friend that died in that car crash like I thought, but another Stephanie that was a Junior at my school that had a similar last name to my friend that I thought it was.

So in short, my friend that I thought died = Alive. Some random girl = dead.

*Remembers that SSBB exists* Dang, been so long since I've played.
How amazing would it have been if said Stephanie attempted to call you during the time period you thought she was dead?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I swear I have the worst luck ever x.x

They just announced on the announcements at our school that one of my friends died in a car crash today...
whaaa? why would you tell us that!?

although sephanie is a hawt name.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I kinda feel like playing some Brawl to see if i'd win. It's been a while, I've been all melee. You guys have no excuse if you lose. And you WILL lose. Just don't pick snake.

Smooth Criminal

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
you won't win, not with yoshi :p

(its furbs)

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
I kinda feel like playing some Brawl to see if i'd win. It's been a while, I've been all melee. You guys have no excuse if you lose. And you WILL lose. Just don't pick snake.

Smooth Criminal
clue, you'll win man. the only choice they will have it to pick meta lol

and esca:

brawl IS an ez game to pick up. don't get me started on that. I don't think I have ever played you and I'm pretty sure its because you suck at this game and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. I'm sure that I can still beat most of you even though I have stopped playing the game. :laugh: and no its not a joke I'll mm if you want :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm sure that I can still beat most of you even though I have stopped playing the game. :laugh: and no its not a joke I'll mm if you want :)
MM? Sweet.

$50 Best 3/5 SBR Rules. I'll even let you pick all the stages.

I'm a very fair player. I will let you have port 4, I will not switch characters either.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
ok Cesar, 2/3? 10$? HOBO rules? Fine with you? Oh, and no Counterpicks with characters? I'll stay my character. you stay yours. Unless you REALLY want to, then fine =/

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
MM? Sweet.

$50 Best 3/5 SBR Rules. I'll even let you pick all the stages.

I'm a very fair player. I will let you have port 4, I will not switch characters either.
I seen you play before, I think against roy at the hobo that stiltz hosted. I'm sure I'll have trouble with you. I personally don't care what stages happen and what port you give me . You might as well give me port 2,choose pokemon stadium 1 and I won't mind, more power to you.

ok Cesar, 2/3? 10$? HOBO rules? Fine with you? Oh, and no Counterpicks with characters? I'll stay my character. you stay yours. Unless you REALLY want to, then fine =/
pick the rules . I don't mind and no I don't mind because I have a big ego because I don't have one I just never really cared enough to look to seriously at them

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Reminder (((Attention all Play N Trade SSBB Series Players)))

Due to COD5 Regional Tournament happening on Jan 17 2009. The Brawl tournament has been Canceled and will resume on Jan 24 2009. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions you can contact/pm me on here or go to www.smashbrostournaments.com/airbrushking

Current Champions Rankings that are in the finals party happening on (March 21/28)

Badnewsbear (Weekly)
Fliphop (Weekly)
Gnes (Monthly)
Jerm (Weekly)
Bivi (Weekly)
Marveyn (Monthly)

Starting In (April) after the series ending, Play N Trade Will no longer be giving store credit as Pot and will be double elimination. See you all at the next tournament on Jan 24 2009. Good Luck

Sudai

Stuff here
Cesar

Me and You
MM Any amount you want between $20-100
3/5
Rules of whatever tournament we're attending at the time.

I'll be at HOBO 14 so you should just go to that with a bunch of money to lose to all of us.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
mm me cesar. 20 pit vs rob
(yawn) nope

Cesar

Me and You
MM Any amount you want between $20-100
3/5
Rules of whatever tournament we're attending at the time.

I'll be at HOBO 14 so you should just go to that with a bunch of money to lose to all of us.
hmm I never heard of you or seen you play so I guess so. oh btw if any of you want to know my lvl on this game ask, flip, roy,3000,stilz or anybody who has played me just so you make sure you know what you're doing but then again most of the brawl players in here talk too much trash :ohwell:

oh and also got nothing againt you too sadi since I don't know you and I'm not mentioning names, I just hate this game lol

Sudai

Stuff here
hmm I never heard of you or seen you play so I guess so. oh btw if any of you want to know my lvl on this game ask, flip, roy,3000,stilz or anybody who has played me just so you make sure you know what you're doing but then again most of the brawl players in here talk too much trash :ohwell:
How much do you want to do? I personally want to go to the higher end of my spectrum. I'm willing to go up to $500, actually, but I figured that might be too much and scare you away.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
You won't play esca but you'll vs Sudai? Lol, gg. If I could get some decent ROB practice I'd challenge you too...
I just want to see what he says. and about sudai I haver never played him so I guess he'll beat or not idk who do you use sudai?

How much do you want to do? I personally want to go to the higher end of my spectrum. I'm willing to go up to $500, actually, but I figured that might be too much and scare you away.
I guess we can do the typical 5mm match or the 10mm match. lol be reasonable with the prices man do you even have 500 bucks? this isn't mvc2 dude

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
ROB just like you. : )

Still waiting for you to name your price. $20 - $500 is what I'll accept.
omg are you serious??? rob dittos ftl man :( do you play anybody else?

Sudai plays Rob.

Ceaser we need has play.

You'll be at HOBO 14 right?
oh hey popertop what's up man? its been a while haven't heard from you. do you even play 3s anymore? I'll probably go to hobo 14 after work or before work if I work during the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom