• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
Also, I just went to the store and bought a pint of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and holy crap is it good.
No pie on Thanksgiving? You unamerican little.....

jk, but cookies and cream>>>>>>>>>>mint chocolate chip, although mint chocolate chip IS pretty good.

UT's gonna take national :). Thanks OU!
45/35 never forget! It's sad how I pay moar attention to UT football than UH football :(

A&M will win next year for sure...trust me haha
STFU, you're trash.

heytallman

CTALL
so hows the UofH football team?
I have no idea, I'm definitely more of a UT fan than anything. My dad says they're doing well, though? I think if they beat Rice, they win their division (not the Big 12, therefore I don't care).

Plus, UH could probably BTHO A&M anyway.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
A&M will win next year for sure...trust me haha
Dude, you dont wanna get into it about UT football... just know that yall should be happy to have won these past 2 years. Colt is coming back for a senior season and we are recruiting very well as we speak. And now that we have locked up Coach u-tube, we will have more recruits pouring in.

The Glory Days of Texas football are upon us. Also, we need a miracle not to get leapfrogged by OU on Sunday.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Football is so **** boring.

front post is updated. If you guys are into it. low tier tourney will be added to the 1vs1 and 2vs2

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
DMG, play me in friendlies again! :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG, play me in friendlies again! :)
Sure, but this time I will wear my patented Waffle Shoes, made of real Waffles.

I will seriously make some fu**** Waffle shoes and wear them to a tourney one day.

kown

Smash Lord
I have no idea, I'm definitely more of a UT fan than anything. My dad says they're doing well, though? I think if they beat Rice, they win their division (not the Big 12, therefore I don't care).

you dont support your school team?!/!? you poor poor soul

Man we destroyed A&M, get wrecked son.
We got that jab grab.
A&M ain't got nuthin'!
they got messed up...obviously A&M isnt that good this year..but oncce i go..it will all change.

Popertop

Smash Champion
you dont support your school team?!/!? you poor poor soul

they got messed up...obviously A&M isnt that good this year..but oncce i go..it will all change.
even if they are better next year, Texas will be better too, so the end result is the same.
maybe not a 40 point deficit, but we're still gonna **** y'all. ;)

Omg, Hyli <3's UT, I now <3 Hyli.

Velox

Smash Ace
this one's obvious, but here it goes..

I WILL CLEAR UP THE SBR ARGUMENT HERE AND NOW:

Hylian's been hinting and hinting at this, but hasn't come out and said it, so I will.

The SBR must become a true democracy if it is to continue to make decisions for the community and have any legitimatecy at all, in the fashion it's once taken for granted. I for one, will not respect the SBR until these demands are meet. For one thing, Mr. C's right, what's the purpose of the Back Room circle jerking each other with words to come out with a doctrine that doesn't mean a ****n thing. Once the back room releases something, it will become the standard, and people will not want to go back and change it, that's just the way people are. What I'm saying is that don't blow the argument at me that what the SBR decides doesn't actually mean anything.. cause.. we all know, it's obvious idiot. Anyway, heres the steps the SBR need to take.

Establish a representative "melee decision making body", in which players are selected from their respective states or perhaps some made-up "melee congressional districts" (hey.. more work) to vote on these issues that have come up, and will come up in the future, so that they might be respected.

To disagree with me, you disagree with America (which I think is a problem), and you're probably a Muslim. And them is fightin words. We don't want Muslims walking around here unopposed, do we? That's anti-American.

That's the only way for the SBR to proceed, less they be ignored.

Let the elections begin, I can hardly wait for the election-into-the-backroom adds.. "He voted AGAINST banning the Ice Climber infinite. Can we risk such wrong-headed decisions? Vote for Xyro, he abolished Ice Climber infinites at his local tournaments and helped cut back on wasteful spending. Let's bring some Texas common sense into the backroom! I'm Allan and I approve of this message." paid for by tournament funds from tournament players;

I for one have usually supported BR decisions in the past, and probably still do (I don't actually care about MK or Brawl..), but it's quite true that the player's criticism is well-founded.

Velox

Smash Ace
Also, what the hell is the point of the backroom anyway? To horde knowledge? Didn't Genghis Khan smash European aristocrats after similar escapades? It should be read only to keep the idiots out, with few able to write. I should be in the backroom, I post the truth, "good" temperment is overrated.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Also, what the hell is the point of the backroom anyway? To horde knowledge? Didn't Genghis Khan smash European aristocrats after similar escapades? It should be read only to keep the idiots out, with few able to write. I should be in the backroom, I post the truth, "good" temperment is overrated.
Remember what type of people had the right to vote at first?

White males with property.

Hardly the representative of the nation as a whole.

kown

Smash Lord
To disagree with me, you disagree with America (which I think is a problem), and you're probably a Muslim. And them is fightin words. We don't want Muslims walking around here unopposed, do we? That's anti-American.
you have some false notion that america is always right? and somehow u add muslims into this...your a religous *******..go get an education.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
even if they are better next year, Texas will be better too, so the end result is the same.
maybe not a 40 point deficit, but we're still gonna **** y'all. ;)

Omg, Hyli <3's UT, I now <3 Hyli.
Dude, I live in austin how could I not <3 UT?

In fact, I <3 UT so much that I was wearing a UT sweater on the OU campus Game day vs Tech. You know how many times I almost died?

Also, Chris there is a lot going on and a lot of reasons why it's not read-only. Reguardless of who posts in there when people are able to see it they start topics of mass flaming. It's happened a few times now and is pretty annoying.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
the problem with having the SBr being read only is that when people disagree with things said, they'll post threads about how they don't agree with it. Or why what _____ said is wrong. Or how _____ is actually good as _____, not as bad a s____ said. We can provide an example of this happening when one of the SBR guys was showing stuff in there to one of his friends, who saw he was mentioned and started spamming everywhere to try and correct someone's opinion.

And Fyi, to those who were commenting on 'wow the sbr are defending themselves thouroghly, i smell coverup' if we didn't everyone'd be going 'omg the sbr isn't saying anything, i smell coverup'

garrR

Smash Apprentice

the UH/rice game is saturday :)

but nobody at rice cares about football or any sport for that matter, haha. i'm not sure if i'm going to go yet.

Velox

Smash Ace
Mic & Hylian, that's no justification for the horde of knowledge. Though I can respect that I guess (course, if someone comes up with a fuss elsewhere, they should simply be banned; problem solved.. besides, back room is where the descusions happen supposedly, so what does uneducated banter matter elsewhere?) Still though, when it comes to decision making, the SBR decision making shouldn't be taken seriously until they conform.

also kown, you're an idiot if you didn't read between the lines

jog

Smash Journeyman
no u *waits for hylian, popertop, and baldy to defend myself*

on a smash related note, i can't wait for drink station. 1 more week!

kown

Smash Lord
also kown, you're an idiot if you didn't read between the lines

lol you blatantly say that america is always right by saying to disagree with me is disagreeing with america. so when i say america isnt always right, its true. ( Im telling you to go get an education). THan YOU add muslims into the mix for no reason. again i say go get an education because your trying to compare a nation to a religion. and than i call u a *******, quite frankly you are. now theres no reading inbetween the lines here. as hylian would say: go get some reading comprhension skills.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
lol you blatantly say that america is always right by saying to disagree with me is disagreeing with america. so when i say america isnt always right, its true. ( Im telling you to go get an education). THan YOU add muslims into the mix for no reason. again i say go get an education because your trying to compare a nation to a religion. and than i call u a *******, quite frankly you are. now theres no reading inbetween the lines here. as hylian would say: go get some reading comprhension skills.
Me and chris dont see eye to eye on alot of stuff but i honest laughed when i read what he said.

its 100% obvious that it was SARCASTIC. Relax kown

CY

Smash Ace
i haven't read this thread in one day and there were multiple pages on thanksgiving. you guys should get out more. -_-

btw the new james bond movie sucks ***, or maybe it was because i was blown out of my mind during the movie. :laugh: only reason the movie might of been half good is because the guy playing james bond is quite sexy and smooth.:lick:

this is for poptop LoLoLlLollolOOLLLLOllOlLlOoLlLol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom