• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Fact: nothing the SBR says has to be followed-they do not run tournaments as a group/organization
Fact: LeeHarris violated some of the rules of the room-after he was already given a second chance
Fact: LeeHarris was removed because he violated the rules (in addition to other reasons, like announcing that he had quit Brawl), not because he disagreed with someone about banning MK (especially considering he wasn't even the most vocal person-Overswarm was-about the issue).

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I want a Hylian in the Dallas community. Closest thing we have is a cross between melee1 and Roflcopter.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Huh? I said your post made you look like an idiot, not that you are one. You know..implying that it was a really bad post. My apoligies if you were offended though. I was rather harsh.
no i was not offended...as i said...i am above insults...the old me would have just as well flamed you with as much cursing as i could...i was justin' voicing my statement as any free american would
EDIT: onii-chan you sound like a seven year old school girl, calm ur **** homeskillet.
by your own logic, you calling me that makes you seem much worst...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I want a Hylian in the Dallas community. Closest thing we have is a cross between melee1 and Roflcopter.
LOL I don't know if I should take that as an insult or a compliment. Or a mix of the two.

>_< Damien lol.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Fact: nothing the SBR says has to be followed-they do not run tournaments as a group/organization
Completely right, but if the SBR has the sole power to create standardized tournament settings for the entire community AND only the SBRer's, wouldn't you want your ruleset to be tippy top? If you're saying the SBR ruleset shouldn't be taken seriously then why in the heck are you people (SBRer's) the ones allowed to make tournament standard rule settings in the first place? What's the point of the SBR then? To gather around and have fun circle jerking with words?

While this is true it's still up to the tournament hosts. Look at how many tournaments actually use the exact SBR ruleset..not many. Most TO's are not afraid of doing things thier way as long as thier community supports them.
Very true. It's still good to have a reliable "tournament standard" for the basis of the community though. If not the smash scene would end up becoming like the SC, DOA, Tekken communities, aka unorganized as hell.

onii-chan said:
by your own logic, you calling me that makes you seem much worst...
No, by my own logic, it doesn't. lol

heytallman

CTALL
What's the point of the SBR then? To gather around and have fun circle jerking with words?
Dude, that sounds awesome. I WANT IN NOW!

And as you said before, the point of the SBR is to have, as you put it, "a reliable 'tournament standard' for the basis of the community"

onii-chan

Smash Ace
If not the smash scene would end up becoming like the SC, DOA, Tekken communities, aka unorganized as hell.
really that was just a ignorant comment no here bashes other games yet you just pulled that right out of your ***,congrats

No, by my own logic, it doesn't. lol
really...i didn't call anyone out of there name and call them a "seven yr old girl" just because i speculated and presented that in my own words...and you insult me?how sardonic

Esca

Smash Champion
Smash seems really gay right now. Lee Harris, your still my hero, and you should come to every tournament and have a staring contest with Hylian.

@Hylian- You've lost alot of my respect, bro. You say the SBR isn't biased toward their characters? Are you serious? Obviously the MK ban wouldn't matter for over half of them, according to the information Lee provided. Honestly, I know this is a completely different argument, but you should just quit Smash dude, because it seems as if noone likes you at all anymore?

heytallman

CTALL
Smash seems really gay right now. Lee Harris, your still my hero, and you should come to every tournament and have a staring contest with Hylian.

@Hylian- You've lost alot of my respect, bro. You say the SBR isn't biased toward their characters? Are you serious? Obviously the MK ban wouldn't matter for over half of them, according to the information Lee provided. Honestly, I know this is a completely different argument, but you should just quit Smash dude, because it seems as if noone likes you at all anymore?
But I still <3 Hylian....

Also, I think Hylian said earlier something like "If the SBR was biased for their characters, he would be banned" because apparently not a whole lotta people in the SBR play him, and therefore, would be losing a lot to him, and would thus ban him. At least, that's what I got form it.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet

Hey that's just uncalled for! I don't recall anybody saying they hate Hylian. Just because he's speaking his opinion doesn't mean he should quit. What gave you the right to think he should quit smash?

onii-chan

Smash Ace

yeah no one ever said they hate hylian...its just a clash of ideas and egos; thats was a bit far on your part dude

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey that's just uncalled for! I don't recall anybody saying they hate Hylian. Just because he's speaking his opinion doesn't mean he should quit. What gave you the right to think he should quit smash?
Hylian should quit Smash and become a professional Speed Dr. Pepper Drinker. Then, he should join back in 1-2 years and **** us with some technique called the "Liquidation" that will melt our fu**** faces off with its sheer awesomeness.

No one hates Hylian, some people just cannot grasp how cool he is and therefore become confused and upset. :)

Houston, prepare for DMG to arrive at the Drink Station on the 6th.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
If Hylian gets any cooler, then we'd all go mad with syphilis...Believe me, it's possible

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What's the point of the SBR then? To gather around and have fun circle jerking with words?
I laughed at this??

also LeeHarris got kicked out of the SBR? wow, who would have thought that free speech, or rather I should say 'misinformation' could have some serious consequences
. =/

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Maybe you should get some of those reading comprehension skills I like talking about so much :). I have pleanty of friends in the smash community and no reason to quit. Also, Lee is my friend. You make it seem like we hate each other now. I've probably defended him more then anyone in here and I probably know him better then any of you as well.

Honestly, I'm not trying to earn your respect. It just seem like you are jumping on a bandwagon to me. I'm sorry you don't agree with my views but maybe you should take step back and look at the big picture once in awhile.

Edit:

Thanks guys. Just read your posts :). Being civil = <3 ;)

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
No prob. There's a difference between debating and slandering...Though I think we're sort of getting out of hand with this...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving everyone ^_^.

LOL.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
UGH! I WORK BLACK FRIDAY TOMORROW! ARGH!!!!!! Happy turkey day everybody! BTW, the whole story about cooking the turkey in the dishwasher DOES NOT WORK! DON'T TRY IT!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ha, Ha, I actually am off tomorrow, how lucky am I. :p

also from
Buzz:
Haha I saw that in the Broom. Funny stuff.

Also, I just went to the store and bought a pint of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and holy crap is it good.

Mmmmmm

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm not hopping on a bandwagon. I have my own views toward everything. But I think it's funny how everyone talks about you in person but noone will say anything to you. You have your own views also, it's just that mine are much stronger/better/faster/blacker/taller/skinnier.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
hello every one well I am new in Town so I was wondering if some one could help me to find smasher in this area since I came from VA to TX but original I am from Puerto Rico Iand I have a hunger for smash melee brawl I do not care I just want to play and meet new smasher to know right now I am living in Tomball if there is smasher let me know.

ps : could some one keep me update about this torny send me a PM I will thank you all .

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
texas is always so popular...hylian you should be at the game!! you'll are destroying A&M...so sad,
I know. We usually destroy A&M...it's nothing I didn't expect XD.

UT's gonna take national :). Thanks OU!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
This thread is lol. Kown the drink station was fun but could have been better (more explosions) =/. This saturday do it again but hype it lol.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
I guess......i wanted to play you more so i can get better......but u got to admit i give u good tips.......ill give you good matches........ill even mm you but i know ima lose........maybe..........but i guess......saturday it is

Reminder
........................................................................................................................................................................................
Its Pronouncd (All-Moe-Bow)

AwL
MoBo​

(Axxo's Weekly Living Melee Or Brawl Orgie)
When: Every Saturday (unless its been canceled or a if theres a Hobo)
There will be SSB
,SSBM,SSBB,SSBB+
Also a Tournament if more than 10 people show up.
Plz bring Set-ups
Starts at 11a.m.
Tourney's Start at 2:30p.m.

Tourny Rules:
Melee: MLG Rule Set
Brawl: Hobo Rule Set

Entry Fee: $4
Axxo Cool Fee: 4$ <-----Sry but need money to run these things.

Payout:
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

Call cell for any Questions
832-659-9561

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom