• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's worked on everyone, CY. I've done it to Razer, Gnes, Trela...
I think I even got it on M2K once. Sonic makes the TGM Combo work amazingly well. :applejack:

Xyro77

Because of me, you are the best sonic/respected player.

that will be $29.99. Cash ONLY

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I attended each and every WHOBO. That's payment enough.

Wait a second, people respect me? All I ever read about is how people don't have any of that for me. :applejack:

Gea

Smash Master
This thread is amazing today.

To anyone else, I'll dump the info tomorrow here once it's up. Anyone's welcome as long as you are respectful and all that jazz.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
While I originally had planned to make it Nikefest 5, I'm open to saving N5 for a LCS2 (should it happen) and could just make that an epic smashfest or something.
STILL INTERESTED

Austin is DEAD, not even a full carpool could come out of their region.
To be quite honest, I'm still very interested in playing Brawl. I've just been forced away from it against my will by a lack of time or money.
I still love playing the game very much.
Austin had a good shot at a revival. We had two new players interested, BloodyBoom (a 13-year old Snake who was going even with me at his first smashfest) and an new Olimar. I also convinced Mike3 to go to a smashfest as well. It was incredible and my hopes for Austin were higher than they've been in a year.

Soon after all this goodness happened, PantyRaider and AlpacaMan told me that they were taking a break because fests in Austin were too difficult to attend (they're from San Marcos) and some unfortunate incidents occurred that killed my ability to attend things. Certain players also started to get a bit flaky (one of which actually had a good reason), and one that I called upon to come never contacted me back.

TL;DR - A bunch of crappy **** happened when we were on the verge of a revival and morale hit an all-time low.

All things considered, Poltergust still seems interested in tournaments. I'm still interested. Mike2 would probably come if called upon. PantyRaider said that they were still interested in attending tournaments, just not back when he sent the text (back on Sept. 27th). He might be interested in going to something sometime. BloodyBoom was interested, but seemed to only be interested in Austin tournaments.
Austin could probably get a carpool together for something sometime and I was actually going to try to pressure people into going to Nike's thing in Feb.

I ran 1-2 events of the circuit and the final event aka the championships. because of my perfection in the art of TOing i brought an amazing event to a TRASH city aka Austin.

history books will be written about me.
Austin is actually a very nice city.

All honestly, you need a TO who isn't going to participating in matches to resolve most of those issues. IMO a TO that's participating will have conflicts of interest of running the tournament and having fun at the tournament.
AlpacaMan was the kind of T.O. you spoke of.

Amen on Denti being boring and de-hype to play against.
I went Lucas and Jigglypuff and Marth last time I played him, and just screwed around.

It was more fun than actually trying.

It's probably an Olimar thing though. :applejack:
I was boring to fight? :<

yfw this thread has more current viewers than ascension had entrants

Wait a second, people respect me? All I ever read about is how people don't have any of that for me. :applejack:
I respect Sonic mains. He seems to take a lot of mental effort.
Got laughed at when I said that in the AiB chat back when Boku was big, though. :glare:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Stop using gifs with censored words in them and I won't have to be poo poo butt!!

Xyro77

Ok guys im done partying for the night. We can start this **** back up tomorrow. So until next time.......

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
the GTFO one was not censored.

yeah you had a sexually alluding gif mr. policeman.
It said "****" in the background and I'm pretty sure Dr. Drew would have infracted for that.
I aspire to his level of nitpickiness, though.

Olimar mains feed on hate BTW, which actually kind of hurts right now since I had too much shepherd's pie earlier.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Darn it Smash community. Every time I think I'm ready to give up on you, you guys pull me back in with your endearing back-and-forths about poo poo butts and the authoritarian regime controlling SWF.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
This thread is amazing today.

To anyone else, I'll dump the info tomorrow here once it's up. Anyone's welcome as long as you are respectful and all that jazz.
I'd probly be down for popping in, if only to chill with you guys again. New merge-able enchanted items seems pretty fun too

Come on guys! The party isnt over yet!

OMG Yesss I love Data

Esca

Smash Champion
Flip you're never gonna let him live that down.

@Kilik i'm done with league. It's a garbage game. Worse than Brawl.

@razer blops 2 is better

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Flip you're never gonna let him live that down.

@Kilik i'm done with league. It's a garbage game. Worse than Brawl.

@razer blops 2 is better
Never. It was a truly defying moment. Imagine the underdogs of underdogs coming to his 12th HOBO tournament, defeating the 3 Texas Gods at the time (RoyR, Sethlon, Hylian) then winning 2 hard sets against LA's best. IMAGINE THAT.

Nobody is online on the WiiU :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom