• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yeah its brutally obvious they made brawl what it is on purpose.

PAL melee is a tiny preview of what brawl is
pal melee wasnt made based off of USA melee. brawl was literally made based off fo what we did to melee.

but i understand what you are trying to say.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
smoom im telling you right now. keep one foot on up or down the ENTIRE time (depending on the crossover type, 90% of the time it revolves around the down arrow)

a basic crossover is :
<
V
>
V
<
V
>

keep one foot on the down arrow and hit left and right with the other

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
And then, when SSB4 comes out in 2-5 years, the Brawl Old gens will be attacking the new gens that's getting into SSB4. While the old old gens are already 26-33 in age
The cycle will always continue. 64 Bashing Melee when Brawl wasn't out.
Melee bashing brawl when SSB4 isn't out. Now sooner or later, Brawl bashing the SSB4 new gens.

Will always be this though, Melee Bashing < Brawl + melee < N64

Xyro77

sorry but melee really is the best smash game(competitive wise). N64 is even WORSE than brawl imo.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
melee will always be better than 64 and brawl period.

the beginning 90% of the people who entered brawl were melee players waiting for the game to evolve into "melee" and it never evolved into anything at all, it is one of the most stagnate games ive ever seen and the meta hasnt changed since people found out about diddy

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
most of those people just got used to the game, how unexciting it was and etc, myself included, luckily i saved myself from this.

and i will be ocmpletely honest, i like brawl more than 80% of games in the world(i mean compare it to like sf4 or tvc lol), but i despise brawl players.

Gea

Smash Master
i feel stale move system was a TERRIBLE idea. it took ****ty characters with LOW damage output and made them worse. and yea im sure hes aware of what brawl has turned out to be. there is a REASON why brawl literally lost EVERYTHING that made melee great....LOL. he saw it and took it out.
You do know that stale moves (% wise) wasn't just in Brawl, right? Knockback reduction is what changed, and yeah I agree it was a bad choice. Characters who rely on one killing move got the shaft if they used it too early, whereas characters with multiple had no real issues.

Anyways, despite the Melee ruleset being mega conservative now, Texas really hasn't followed it to a T. There may be a ruleset committee but they don't try to strongarm the community in the same way that Brawl's does. If anything it would only effect you if you traveled a lot for the game.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
just like how you never really followed bbr rules allan, texas doesnt follow mbr rules.

i basically overrule every ruleset in texas outside of austin and they all include corneria floats brinstar RC(except vs broly) and dk64

(austin generally includes even more stages but i have little authority outside of dallas and houston)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Kailo: yeah, i get that, but I still can't execute it lol.
stand up and do it right now please, it will become muscle memory, just like icy chaingrabs.

stand up, imagine a ddr pad below you and do this:

place your left foot on the "down" arrow.

place you right foot on the "right" arrow.

now do the following:

pick up right foot and hit right arrow
pick up left foot and hit down arrow
pick up right foot and hit left arrow (without moving left foot)
pick up left foot and hit down arrow
repeat

please just try it . and boom you got it

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I’m sorry to just barge into your thread, but I really want to invite you guys to my tournament in April here in Tucson, Arizona. This is a big tournament I am running, and I would be pleased as punch if you could come. Also, it’s AXE’s 21st birthday too, so that is already mad hype. I ask you guys to make the trip down here, and enjoy some cool spring weather this Easter weekend. Thanks!

Seriously. Click here. Come check us out. :D

Gea

Smash Master
No matter what ends up being the standard controller for Smash4, having no wired controllers isn't a plus for the competitive scene of the WiiU game. It is a logistical nightmare and there is a reason why MLG bans wireless controllers.

And I'd never play the portable one competitively, even if it was Melee. Talk about ruining your handheld.

Gea

Smash Master
It won't be anyways because buffering will remain as the solution to latency with online play. And along with that, no old additions added for the same reasons.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
"All that we know for now is what Iwata originally told us at E3, that the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will apparently work with one another in some way - presumably for online battles across consoles and handhelds."

dont people know by now if people dont announce a feature specifically,its never a good feature

its gonna be online titles or some **** lol

shoutout to stickers in brawl

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
wait, 3 more years of brawl...kinda makes me want to cry, could all you besides gnes and razer(you guys can come too if you want) just switch to melee? because you are all bad at brawl anyway, just because everyone else sucks it doesnt make you good

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I’m sorry to just barge into your thread, but I really want to invite you guys to my tournament in April here in Tucson, Arizona. This is a big tournament I am running, and I would be pleased as punch if you could come. Also, it’s AXE’s 21st birthday too, so that is already mad hype. I ask you guys to make the trip down here, and enjoy some cool spring weather this Easter weekend. Thanks!

Seriously. Click here. Come check us out. :D
Them stickers. I just want him to bring Melee style play back. Well, the speed at least. I kinda dislike the floatyness and OMFG SO HARD TO KILL YOU FAST part of it. Oh ho ho~

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm pretty sure the Brawlers would love to sacrifice the four years of work they've put into losing to Gnes and Razer consistently so they can instead lose to people who have 10+ years of experience in a dusty relic of a game. :applejack:

Xyro77

melee will always be better than 64 and brawl period.

the beginning 90% of the people who entered brawl were melee players waiting for the game to evolve into "melee" and it never evolved into anything at all, it is one of the most stagnate games ive ever seen and the meta hasnt changed since people found out about diddy
all of this is true except of the meta game change comment. you need to realize brawls meta game hasnt changed as much(compared to melee) recently because we CAME from melee so we were LOOKING for advanced stuff right out of the gate. melee didnt really START getting advanced(even though WD was founded in 2002) until 2003. un fair comparison.

You do know that stale moves (% wise) wasn't just in Brawl, right? Knockback reduction is what changed, and yeah I agree it was a bad choice. Characters who rely on one killing move got the shaft if they used it too early, whereas characters with multiple had no real issues.
when i say stale moves i meant knockback reduction.

Anyways, despite the Melee ruleset being mega conservative now, Texas really hasn't followed it to a T. There may be a ruleset committee but they don't try to strongarm the community in the same way that Brawl's does. If anything it would only effect you if you traveled a lot for the game.
if u wanna get good u gotta travel and to travel to an area with ******** conservative rules is not cool imo.

just like how you never really followed bbr rules allan, texas doesnt follow mbr rules.

i basically overrule every ruleset in texas outside of austin and they all include corneria floats brinstar RC(except vs broly) and dk64

(austin generally includes even more stages but i have little authority outside of dallas and houston)
and as with my choices in rules, some times my region was not prepare for other regions.

Xyro77

No matter what ends up being the standard controller for Smash4, having no wired controllers isn't a plus for the competitive scene of the WiiU game. It is a logistical nightmare and there is a reason why MLG bans wireless controllers.

And I'd never play the portable one competitively, even if it was Melee. Talk about ruining your handheld.
i agree on all fronts.

my main concern is still the fact that the game wont be taxing on the contorller (technical) because the tablet prob wont be able to handle it
whether its taxing on a controller or not does not mean its a bad/good game.

I'm pretty sure the Brawlers would love to sacrifice the four years of work they've put into losing to Gnes and Razer consistently so they can instead lose to people who have 10+ years of experience in a dusty relic of a game. :applejack:
he was joking.

Gea

Smash Master
Are you saying their efforts will even come to fruition in the next three years?

Xyro said:
Allan, since when has our region ever dominated heavily in a national besides a select few players who placed well for reasons other than the stagelist? Reduction of stages is far easier to transition to than having to play on new stages.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Kalo, you'll be 25 when the next smash game arrives.
ive been 18 for 4 years and ill be 18 when it comes out.

I'll switch to melee!
you would be accepted into our scene because you are a real person, not random fat nerd trash like most of brawl.

i absolutely agree, there is no reason to switch to melee

all of this is true except of the meta game change comment. you need to realize brawls meta game hasnt changed as much(compared to melee) recently because we CAME from melee so we were LOOKING for advanced stuff right out of the gate. melee didnt really START getting advanced(even though WD was founded in 2002) until 2003. un fair comparison.

when i say stale moves i meant knockback reduction.

if u wanna get good u gotta travel and to travel to an area with ******** conservative rules is not cool imo.

and as with my choices in rules, some times my region was not prepare for other regions.
all im saying about brawl is it came out,snake had neat tricks, people grabbed the ledge, diddy got good in late 2008 then nothing else ever happened.

as for the rest of what you said here is my explanation:

i have fun playing melee. melee is fun

being good at brawl means playing like a ******

if you have fun with brawl i believe you are wrong as a person.

as a melee player i believe my opinions are worth more than brawl players video game-wise

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
oh also i meant to mention something about it doesnt matter what happens, as long as you are having fun.

(if you have fun playing brawl you are a ***,brawl isnt good)

Xyro77

Allan, since when has our region ever dominated heavily in a national besides a select few players who placed well for reasons other than the stagelist? Reduction of stages is far easier to transition to than having to play on new stages.
its not about domination or w/e at nationals. its about getting used to a generally accepted stagelist when u leave a region like tx who was more open.

some people are gonna be far better on FD(conserv region) than a liberal region because we(lib region) have other options than just FD.

all im saying about brawl is it came out,snake had neat tricks, people grabbed the ledge, diddy got good in late 2008 then nothing else ever happened.
TONS of things were discovered/many othercharacters became a threat. U dont keep up with brawl, obviously.

if you have fun with brawl i believe you are wrong as a person.

as a melee player i believe my opinions are worth more than brawl players video game-wise
this is 100% opinion.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
its not about domination or w/e at nationals. its about getting used to a generally accepted stagelist when u leave a region like tx who was more open.

some people are gonna be far better on FD(conserv region) than a liberal region because we(lib region) have other options than just FD.

TONS of things were discovered/many othercharacters became a threat. U dont keep up with brawl, obviously.

this is 100% opinion.
my bad olimar became a thread, i apologize to the brawl community.

and yes its an opinion just like i said it was, and mine is worth more than brawl players.

quit bein a *** dude

Gea

Smash Master
So ban FD in the set or deal with it as a player on a personal level. The majority of practice and regular matches will still be played on the old six anyways. Same thing with people whining about Japan being better at Brawl due to ruleset. Practice still primarily occurs on the most frequently played stages which are the ones that will never be banned.

It's less of an issue than it is made out to be from that side. It is more of an issue when you lose a set because you never play on Cruise to begin with.

Xyro77

pikachu(buffered CGs) changed MANY MANY MUs

gea, its still an issue(size doesnt matter) that determines sets and thats my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom