• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
Hm, I distinctly remember trash talking Allan, and then him pausing the match, turning around, and telling me to "please shut the **** up" or something. I stopped trash talking for the rest of the day. Maybe that happened to Furbs once, too, but I definitely remember Allan telling at me.

It scared the hell out of me.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
WTF REALLY?

:phone:
Lmao yeah it was gross

And I remember sitting there when it happened, I think it was both Tallman and Furbs but I distinctly remember Furbs being told to "shut the **** up" and he proceeded to leave the venue to change his Power Ranger undies

Tesh

Smash Hero
I have school, nick. I can't.

Illmatic, the Tallman incident was when Tallman trashed talked/made noises towards me and Inui(iirc) in low tier teams(hobo 21 or something). I asked him to stop and he didnt so I yelled as hard as I could the next time he did it. At that point, I realized I couldn't handle the very same trash talk/noises I dished out since the beginning of brawl. That's why I RARELY trash talk/make noises anymore.

It was? Nice. I don't feel bad then.

I officially rename the Tallman incident the Furbs incident.

It's fine. Its not like we will remember hobo 21 in 5 years.

Hm, I distinctly remember trash talking Allan, and then him pausing the match, turning around, and telling me to "please shut the **** up" or something. I stopped trash talking for the rest of the day. Maybe that happened to Furbs once, too, but I definitely remember Allan telling at me.

It scared the hell out of me.
Dude that's exactly what happened!!!!

Maybe Furbs was next to you?

I officially rename this event the Tallman+Furbs incident.

This happened at HOBO 21? My first tournament was HOBO 23 and I specifically remember this event (or something similar) where someone yelled "THATS A ****TY SAMUUUUUS!!!" and you turned around and told him to shut up.

I always did like that funny stuff you yelled out in matches. Only specific thing I can remember is "sleepy time!" during Trela vs Ally. Though I can see how it might bother people sometimes.

Gea

Smash Master
Sakurai stated that he's started by looking at the smash Bros Dojo website and reflecting on the Wii game, "How did we make this?" he tweeted in a very humble manner.
And that about sums it up for me.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Bio: I wish I could just slow down songs so I could learn those crossovers without failing the whole song...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So, maybe Smash 4 teaser at E3...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Bio: I wish I could just slow down songs so I could learn those crossovers without failing the whole song...
thats why you play it on 1.5x or 2x and then when u get used to it go back to 1x and your mind will see it as slow.

i told you guys this so many times. if u do cross overs the way i do them it may be easier than turning your body(the original way). dont do "be lovin" btw. the crossovers are easy but the song and stamina requirments are above your skill level.

as for ssb4, count me out. i HIGHLY doubt this new smash game will resemble melee(he said future smash games will be LIKE brawl) so it can only be the same as horrible brawl or get worse. not to mention this new gen of ssb will NOT have GCN controller support and i refuse to learn a new controller for a game i already know will not be competitive. so this means i wont run events/play the new game or control a new H thread. THANK GOD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Watch it be better. :troll:

I'm still curious as to how the tablet plays. I hope they demo the Wii U at some nearby mall in the future.

Xyro77

Watch it be better. :troll:

I'm still curious as to how the tablet plays. I hope they demo the Wii U at some nearby mall in the future.

being better than brawl isnt hard but its still DECADES away from being whats generally accepted as good(melee). count me out.

BioDG

Smash Ace
AM-3P is good for crossovers, too, right? There are many in a row and the tempo isn't too fast.

Might as well learn on a home setup and not at an arcade so money isn't wasted from losing.

Back when I had to figure them out, I made a custom stepchart for a slow song that was only made up of crossover patterns. That seemed to help, too.

Smoom77

Smash Master
It's just that I can't even comprehend what I'm supposed to do with my feet in a crossover in any song because it's too fast (atleast I can get a feel for crossovers).

Xyro77

after TOing in melee/brawl and seeing people get more ******** as time goes on(lol my mom/dad were right), i just dont wanna deal with it anymore. Melee used to be fun, got old, and now if i went back i would have to deal with the ******** rules they are using now. Im in the URC and im here to tell you brawl is about to be what melee is(stage wise) in the VERY near future....all due to the ******** people i mentioned at the beginning of this post. Seriously, new gens/selfish/greedy/uneducated people that get in high places is whats wrecked both games(more so in brawl) IMO. And ssb4 will be ANOTHER case but with added hassle.....we still dont know if the final wiiu can DO or NOT DO 4 wiiu tablets. This literally will make or break the game(competitively) when it comes to TEAMS. lol im not gonna deal with that crap.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I hate the conservative stage list.
It's annoying too, I can't help but feel that it's becoming more standardized, especially since a lot of people have this obligation to copy Japan now.

*shrug* :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
being better than brawl isnt hard but its still DECADES away from being whats generally accepted as good(melee). count me out.
Oh, I meant that by some miracle it ends being better than Melee.

I hope Sakurai read some of the complaints and understood what went wrong. Brawl had a few good concepts, like stale move knockback...it's just that they had poor execution (******** chaingrabs).

Oh well, E3 will be here soon enough.

Xyro77

I hate the conservative stage list.
It's annoying too, I can't help but feel that it's becoming more standardized, especially since a lot of people have this obligation to copy Japan now.

*shrug* :applejack:
copy japan why? cause they are "better" than us?

LOL this^ is EXACTLY why this game/community is getting F-ed up. people see a fluke/rare occurance and go OMG we must CHANGE. thats the uneducated people in high places i was talking about.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I still don't get how japan coming and showing us that MK can be played even better than what we already thought was broken suddenly makes people want him unbanned and for us to copy their stage list. I'll never get people sometimes

Tesh

Smash Hero
after TOing in melee/brawl and seeing people get more ******** as time goes on(lol my mom/dad were right), i just dont wanna deal with it anymore. Melee used to be fun, got old, and now if i went back i would have to deal with the ******** rules they are using now. Im in the URC and im here to tell you brawl is about to be what melee is(stage wise) in the VERY near future....all due to the ******** people i mentioned at the beginning of this post. Seriously, new gens/selfish/greedy/uneducated people that get in high places is whats wrecked both games(more so in brawl) IMO. And ssb4 will be ANOTHER case but with added hassle.....we still dont know if the final wiiu can DO or NOT DO 4 wiiu tablets. This literally will make or break the game(competitively) when it comes to TEAMS. lol im not gonna deal with that crap.
What makes you think the tablet will be remotely important to Smash 4 gameplay? Smash is a top notch series that doesn't need to use any control gimmick. Did Brawl force motion gameplay at all? Nope. There is no reason for them to force tablet gameplay into Smash.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
AM-3P is good for crossovers, too, right? There are many in a row and the tempo isn't too fast.

Might as well learn on a home setup and not at an arcade so money isn't wasted from losing.

Back when I had to figure them out, I made a custom stepchart for a slow song that was only made up of crossover patterns. That seemed to help, too.
ur right am-3p is really good but too easy imo

It's just that I can't even comprehend what I'm supposed to do with my feet in a crossover in any song because it's too fast (atleast I can get a feel for crossovers).
try to keep one foot on the down or up arrow the entire time

im not trying to be rude and im not saying i dont care, but nobody here cares. dont waste your opinions and accumulated TO exp here.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm not very optimistic about SSB4 due to the control scheme of the standard controller and its intention to integrate seamlessly with 3DS in terms of gameplay, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out when it releases.

Smoom, try the custom stepchart idea. Seems like the most ideal way for you to get started.

Xyro77

Oh, I meant that by some miracle it ends being better than Melee.

I hope Sakurai read some of the complaints and understood what went wrong. Brawl had a few good concepts, like stale move knockback...it's just that they had poor execution (******** chaingrabs).

Oh well, E3 will be here soon enough.

i feel stale move system was a TERRIBLE idea. it took ****ty characters with LOW damage output and made them worse. and yea im sure hes aware of what brawl has turned out to be. there is a REASON why brawl literally lost EVERYTHING that made melee great....LOL. he saw it and took it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom