• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hey guys random update.

Gnes - Chrage people 10 bucks. GOGOGO

Razer - DID YOU DO THE UH APPLICATION?

Everybody else.. - WILL BEAT YOU IN MM GOGO.

Anybody getting the 4s?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I was a hipster before hipsters were cool.

Young Robin > normal Robin > New Robin > Teenage Robin

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Young Robin is just cute like a little kid. Normal Robin CAN be better than New Robin, but I like her new overall swag/sexy look. Teenage...good but I already know the truth.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Iran faction plotted to kill Saudi ambassador

Manssor Arbabsiar, a 56-year-old U.S. citizen who also holds an Iranian passport, was charged along with Gholam Shakuri, who authorities said was a Quds Force member and remains at large in Iran. The Treasury Department listed addresses for Arbabsiar in two Texas cities — the Austin suburb of Round Rock and the Gulf city of Corpus Christi — and prosecutors say he frequently traveled to Mexico for business.
Just a reminder to always be aware of your surroundings.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
WTF RT?! That ain't game news. But very well done in keeping up with these type of issues. I'm so proud!

Also, time skip Nami is pretty broken.

Reizilla

Nami is a ***** though.

Normal Robin just has that...

and that

Can't beat it, yo.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Espy, I stopped reading in the middle of fishman island, but I hope Chopper is broken. Look wise....sorry bro...I ain't a furry.

I can't find a pic with her wearing her aviators but they are more swag than your bottom pic. Like I said, normal Robin can be more broken, but not that pic.

And I meant Nami is broken look wise.

Reizilla

Nami is a w*ore though.

I just realized that the anime is past the time skip. Why have I not watched these episodes yet????

Can't get more swag than Marine Robin. And you should definitely catch back up. Even Chopper got cool.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
The episodes are ****. Meh...marine Robin is alright. I decided to quit reading it...I just get much more enjoyment out of the anime. They havn't done filler yet so it's nice.

Reizilla

Since we're talking about One Piece, anyone know where I can find some sprites of One Piece characters? I got banned from AP forums :(

This was the closest thing I could find xD

Oh yeah, I forgot Movies > Books in Houston.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh, look-wise?
Why hasn't anyone mentioned post-time skip Perona then?

I blame you wholly, Rei. :applejack:

Reizilla

Well, I was just talking about Robin.

But post-time skip Perona?

(dead)

Has she come out in the anime yet?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
WTF RT?! That ain't game news. But very well done in keeping up with these type of issues. I'm so proud!

Tis been a slow video game news day. The only news I saw relevant was that the stripped down version of the Wii (No Gamecube support and recommended horizontal placement) was announced for the US.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Who buy's Wiis nowadays? I read that Miyamoto wants to take full control of the Legend of Zelda for the Wii U which is in development right now. That's about it.

For anybody interested, I'll be making an Apex travel thread for Texas like I did for Genesis later this month.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Time Skip Chopper.
You're just not ready for it. :applejack:
Speaking of new looks, here's opinions from a funny post I found.

I'm probably alone on it, but I really don't like the Fishman Island arc. Like, at all.

I think it has to do with two things. First is that most of the main characters seemed to get Flanderized, even moreso than they already were. Nami is now explicitly "the ****", Chopper is way too kawaiidesudesudseuiduseikjhfdjjdjhkjhkj (whereas before he was kind of cute, but was cool when he got serious), and Sanji if Mr. Hard-On. Oda rushed into the arc way too fast; when he should've spent a few chapters explaining the TWO YEARS of training they went through, and important things (like how Zoro got his scar, why Franky looks so different, or how the **** Luffy has managed after, you know, his brother died), instead, he spent a chapter or so focusing on...undersea currents.

Yeah, **** character development and exploration, let's learn about science in a world where it rains ****ing lightning.

The other problem I can best describe as the arc being too similar to Skypiea. They go to a hard-to-reach location, and when they get there, they're almost immediately treated as enemies for an incredibly stupid ****ing reason. It turns out that there's an internal conflict going on with the island that has been going on way before the Straw Hats got there, there's a flashback that literally amounts to nothing (similar to the Norland flashback in Skypiea which, as sappy as it was, added pretty much nothing that couldn't have been stated in a simple "They were friends, they're dead, **** sucks"), and the Straw Hats' involvement isn't crucial, and it's more like they're intruding on what's already going on. Compare to one of the better arcs like, say, Enies Lobby. They're don't just "happen to be there" in that arc; they're there to save Robin, and it's incredibly personal. Here, though, there's only a conflict with them because **** if I know.

It felt like he took 3 steps forward with the Impel Down and Marineford Arcs (by giving a lot of villains development, as well as a huge amount of payoff with the giant fight in Marineford), but then 5 steps back here.

All I'm praying for is that, after this arc is finally over and done with, Oda just slows things down a bit and has a chapter or two of them talking, explaining what happened over the past few years, changing clothes out of what they've been wearing for what's probably been days (I will never get used to Chopper's new hat, ever; it's ****ing ********), and remind us that they're actually characters, not "da cool peoples who do da faighting and are funneh and sum has ****

NearZzz

Smash Lord
you didnt see what popped up cause you were scared to look *****.

and i knew something was up too....

Reizilla

That person is an idiot. If Oda wanted to immediately explain what happened during the entire time-skip, he wouldn't have done a ****ing time skip.

It's called good story-telling or something like that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sweet mother of god that person has no idea what he's talking about.
I think the ONLY thing I agree with is how lame Chopper looks now (in brain point). That's about it. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom