• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
Seriously, it'll become your favorite anime, and it's 10,000x's better than poo poo hakugay
Naw brah, calm down. One piece aint THAT good. And it takes a while for it to become broken. Theres other stuff he can watch till hes ready.

Btw, Sync/Micah have a announcement they want me to make. They got their rent notice for and instead of 449 it was 563 or something like that. The added amount was from electricity. Mine was just 449 because I was housed somewhere else at the time. Now, obviously none of us can afford a extra 100 from electricity so heres the deal. So the only two solutions I've thought of is either we as a community find another place to conduct our large weekly smashfests/gatherings, or we start having a electicity venue fee. I'm pretty sure no one wants the second one, so I think we should start talking about this now. We definitely need a place that we can go to practice so we can keep improving like we are. What do you guys think?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Naw brah, calm down. One piece aint THAT good. And it takes a while for it to become broken. Theres other stuff he can watch till hes ready.

Btw, Sync/Micah have a announcement they want me to make. They got their rent notice for and instead of 449 it was 563 or something like that. The added amount was from electricity. Mine was just 449 because I was housed somewhere else at the time. Now, obviously none of us can afford a extra 100 from electricity so heres the deal. So the only two solutions I've thought of is either we as a community find another place to conduct our large weekly smashfests/gatherings, or we start having a electicity venue fee. I'm pretty sure no one wants the second one, so I think we should start talking about this now. We definitely need a place that we can go to practice so we can keep improving like we are. What do you guys think?
Is it possible to rent rooms at the UC, possibly for free? I'm not familiar with what kind of services they offer for students or if it's even free, but if you guys could get a room, that would be amazing.

Other than that, I would suggest just limiting the number of setups during smashfests, like 1-2. Sounds harsh, but you do what you gotta do. People will just have to deal with it by rotating off after every match.

You guys have helped the community a great deal, so whatever choice you guys make, I'll support it.

Also, start unplugging the Wii instead of leaving it in standby. It may not save a ton of electricity, but it adds up during the month.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Should their elec bill have been higher before if it's because of smash?

You guys should prlly be aware of some other things cause it could be the same amount even if people don't play smash at your place anymore.

:phone:

Gnes

Smash Master
No because Travis was paying for ALL of it before. This time his parents are only paying for his share cuz at one point the electricity bill last year was 160$ per person because of the smashfests/bi weeklies.

The issue is definitely smash lol

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Is it possible to rent rooms at the UC, possibly for free? I'm not familiar with what kind of services they offer for students or if it's even free, but if you guys could get a room, that would be amazing.
I know that the Melee group just plays at the UC, underground or at the top floor, sometimes. They don't rent out ****.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings

DO IT AT MY PLACE! I have like 3 empty rooms >.>, and my parents have been encouraging me to do so because they don't like me going to UH lol. I used to have friends everyday 24/7 back in nj, so i don't think my parents will have a problem. My LOCATION THO(MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AKA HOGWARTS)

I already watched Toradora.

I ain't ready for one piece, till i get some serious feedback

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know that the Melee group just plays at the UC, underground or at the top floor, sometimes. They don't rent out ****.
Interesting...do they ask for a room or just setup somewhere random and play?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

No because Travis was paying for ALL of it before. This time his parents are only paying for his share cuz at one point the electricity bill last year was 160$ per person because of the smashfests/bi weeklies.

The issue is definitely smash lol
This issue is super simple to fix. I had to do these things when i first moved out. If you can get everybody in the house to follow the following rules u will see a huge drop in your bill and an even bigger one in the winter.

1. Stop having people over every other day playing smash.

2. Stop having fests nearly every weekend. Use Battle Networks more often

3. Keep AC set to 78 during the day(turn off fans during the day) and 80 at night(turn on fans).

4. Turn OFF wii/ps3/360 and do not leave your phones/gameboys/laptops plugged in all the time.

5. Lower the "cooling" feature on your refrigerator because those puppies are ALWAYS running 24/7. In general, 1 is the warmest and 6 is the coolest so i recommend you use 4.

6. Do not use lights during the day or night unless you MUST.

7. Keep windows/blinds shut at all times so the light doesnt warm the house and thus turn on the AC.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He was temporarily, then he got kicked out temporarily, now he's back...hopefully permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom