• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Sethlon you're being way too serious. 2D fighters are all te same because they have health bars.
shooters are all the same because they have bullets

sports are all the same because they have point systems

@Sethlon- That team you plan on using sounds really good...like really really good.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
@Illmatic.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking Brawl more than any other game. However, making blanket statements about a game (or in you case, an entire genre of games) is ignorant. As a Smash player, you of all people should know this.

How would you feel if someone said that competitive Smash play boiled down to 1v1 play where the only legal stage is FD and the only legal character is Fox. Ignorant, right? Well, some people still believe that this is how competitive Melee is played.

By making statements like the ones you have made/are continuing to make, you are no better than those people. I strongly suggest that you actually do some research on competitive 2d play (read through some forums, watch some youtube clips) before continuing to make any more uninformed, biased opinions about the genre.

Now, time to get ***** by school some more.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wtf, Van Jones appearance.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This is almost the same fight i had with gea cept other people agree with me on my views(espy/zigsta...ect). NO ONE agrees with illmatic. Wanna know why? HES ****ING TRYING TO DEFEAT SETLAAAAAAAAAAWN! Illmatic, accpet what setlawn says and i assure that he wont hurt you too much. You cannot best one of the original houston crew members.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Instead of calling him ignorant, he could have said it nicer lol. "You probably haven't played 2D fighters enough, you probably don't understand them that well."

I'm a loser lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
"In Houston, we're right, you're wrong. Derp wid it."

So much ignorance/stupidity in this thread, it's unreal. I love it. Reminds me of Brownsville :D

Tesh

Smash Hero
I agree with Illmatic (sorta). Its not about health bars though (i actually like stamina mode in brawl/melee). Movement just feels far more limited in traditional fighting games. Just from playing mortal kombat, street fighter, mvc and whatnot. Also set combos are boring to me because its like the other guy isnt even playing anymore.

CY

Smash Ace
This is almost the same fight i had with gea cept other people agree with me on my views(espy/zigsta...ect). NO ONE agrees with illmatic. Wanna know why? HES ****ING TRYING TO DEFEAT SETLAAAAAAAAAAWN! Illmatic, accpet what setlawn says and i assure that he wont hurt you too much. You cannot best one of the original houston crew members.
he's new school, he doesn't know that Sethlon is always right. Sethlon was CGing fools with Falco when Illmatic was still in diapers.

also Brawl is a racing game.

Esca

Smash Champion
Im willing to bet anything that WoW players and SC players put in 10x more time than any other game out there.
I played wow for a year and a half had like 18 days of time played. Also, I didn't travel or spend more than $15 a month on WoW.

I have like 60 days of IN MATCH Brawl playing. Now that's only versus, not any of the badass reords ive put onn my break the targets/multi man melee/etc. All of that togeher is prolly like 62 days of play time. I dont even want to get started on how much money ive spent for smash. Not to mention travel time. Why dont you include those variables? Traveling to California to play a video game for a weekend is putting in an awfully large amount of time into a video game to be takin shots at us WoWheads.

Look here, how about this.

Just stay in Xyro world and post gifs and song lyrics and argue with everyone. Dont try and bring up logical arguments when in fact, YOUR opinion is baseless.

Tesh

Smash Hero

Though TBH Esca, if he is talking about WoW and SC players communities combined, I would think he is right. People play those games for a hell of a long time and they have larger communities.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wait... Who was agreeing with you? Smoom cancels out your Espy and Tesh cancels out your Zigsta (even though I don't remember Zigsta even posting in this thread for anything other than Disney ****).

GGs CP?

Xyro77

I played wow for a year and a half had like 18 days of time played. Also, I didn't travel or spend more than $15 a month on WoW.

I have like 60 days of IN MATCH Brawl playing. Now that's only versus, not any of the badass reords ive put onn my break the targets/multi man melee/etc. All of that togeher is prolly like 62 days of play time. I dont even want to get started on how much money ive spent for smash. Not to mention travel time. Why dont you include those variables? Traveling to California to play a video game for a weekend is putting in an awfully large amount of time into a video game to be takin shots at us WoWheads.

Look here, how about this.

Just stay in Xyro world and post gifs and song lyrics and argue with everyone. Dont try and bring up logical arguments when in fact, YOUR opinion is baseless.
Dude, look up averge play times for WoW players/SC2 players......its obscene. Then look up average time spent on ssbb(nintendo channel) or halo or w/e. LOL ive look it up in the past. There is NO comparison. You may be an exception to the rule but the facts are there.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
You can like and dislike to your hearts content, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I couldn't care less what you like.

What I'm concerned with is this opinion of yours; "The game has the same win condition, therefore it is the same game." This is what you are saying. This is ignorance.

Either you can read that sentence and understand my point, or you're deliberately missing it.
Alex!!!!

I would come to WHOBO just for you.

Xyro77

Wait... Who was agreeing with you? Smoom cancels out your Espy and Tesh cancels out your Zigsta (even though I don't remember Zigsta even posting in this thread for anything other than Disney ****).

GGs CP?

You are so dead set and bashing my OPINION on a subject tht you totally skipped over zigsta/espy posts.

Zigsta literally is in the FIELD of film so he KNOWS what hes talking about.

Espy most of the time agree with me and you ALL know he normally doesnt think like me so the few times he does ITS SAYING SOMETHING.

Smoom is a nobody

Tesh is a nobody

Gea is just "hi my name is Gea Mc Gea and i use big words and i think the ACT of stabbing is more important the......blah blah im just using big words and trying to sound cool so i can impress jimbo but in reality i know Xyro is amazing and that terminator 2 is better than all terminator movies but i wont admit it cause it would make xyro right and the last thing i wanna do on this planet is accept that im a dummy and xyro is a god at trolling us for the last 120+ posts so ok yea im hungry bye oh and the Houston Oilers were a cool rock band who made final fantasy 74 in 1912 back when hitler ran an ice cream shop in Uganda"

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
You are so dead set and bashing my OPINION on a subject tht you totally skipped over zigsta/espy posts.

Espy most of the time agree with me and you ALL know he normally doesnt think like me so the few times he does ITS SAYING SOMETHING.

Smoom is a nobody

Tesh is a nobody

Gea is just "hi my name is Gea Mc Gea and i use big words and i think the ACT of stabbing is more important the......blah blah im just using big words and trying to sound cool so i can impress jimbo but in reality i know Xyro is amazing and that terminator 2 is better than all terminator movies but i wont admit it cause it would make xyro right and the last thing i wanna do on this planet is accept that im a dummy and xyro is a god at trolling us for the last 120+ posts so ok yea im hungry bye oh and the Houston Oilers were a cool rock band who made final fantasy 74 in 1912 back when hitler ran an ice cream shop in Uganda"

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Smoom is a nobody

Tesh is a nobody

If Disney made books instead of films this would be no contest on Zigsta so yeah good try there and also if Espy normally agrees with you but not normally thinks like you made any sense then I must be Miles Davis.

Oh and if Tesh and Smoom don't count because you said so then I say Earth isn't a planet so it's so.

Xyro77

If Disney made books instead of films this would be no contest so yeah good try there and also if Espy normally agreeing with you but not normally thinks like you made any sense then I must be Miles Davis.

Oh and if Tesh and Smoom don't count because you said so then I say Earth isn't a planet so it's so.
Zigsta didnt specify any movie(you just assume disney because you CHOOSE to). He simply said his opinion= Films>>>>>>>>>Books. And since he is literally in school for film id say his opinion is highly educated.

Espy agreeing with me on issues does not mean he thinks like me ALL the time. Just on some certain issues. Damn dude, u are ********.

Fine, earth isnt a planet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dear lord, no.....................

I was referring to the fact that Pluto isn't considered a planet.

Also, I'll bring recording to Sync's today...but I won't be there until like 10...

Gea

Smash Master
And now you know why I never come to anything. Allan hates me and it makes me feel like an outcast from his secret club. :( David, infract him for being a meanie.

Gnes

Smash Master
Zigsta didnt specify any movie(you just assume disney because you CHOOSE to). He simply said his opinion= Films>>>>>>>>>Books. And since he is literally in school for film id say his opinion is highly educated.

Espy agreeing with me on issues does not mean he thinks like me ALL the time. Just on some certain issues. Damn dude, u are ********.

Fine, earth isnt a planet.
Gea is a English major...

I'm a English minor....

The only reason we made a big deal about your "opinion" is that in it u were stating things that literature(books) can't do/doesn't have and the things you said weren't true (aka incorrect info). It's the same reason why Seth was getting angry at Illmatic. Uneducated opinions.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Film's might be able to tell a story faster, but they don't often tell it better. Sure I can see the point as far as action movies. A terminator, die hard or rush hour book would be somewhat boring (because they don't have much of story). But if you look at any book based movie, it winds up being necessary to gut out all the best parts.

If you are into actually stories with more than just fire, bullets and explosions/sex scenes, I'd say books> movies. I know some people don't enjoy reading, but I personally enjoy movies, books and videos games for entertainment. I also acknowledge that each one is better at expressing certain things.

Books are where its at. Even Disney basically just takes short stories and turns them into movies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ok, all of you need to listen to panda bears person pitch. It will heal your soul.

And watch the movie half Nelson. More true talk

oh and gness is S tier. So he auto wins this argument. Cause that's how the world works.

Xyro77

The only reason we made a big deal about your "opinion" is that in it u were stating things that literature(books) can't do/doesn't have and the things you said weren't true (aka incorrect info). It's the same reason why Seth was getting angry at Illmatic. Uneducated opinions.
LOL you guys write papers.......he FILMS and is PART of movies. hes actually moving out there in less than a year to do this ****.

Anyways, I said nothing incorrect(cause im speaking from exp AND its my opinion which neither can be wrong nor 100% right) but i could agree that maybe the way i expressed it is lacking.

What im trying to get across to you guys is this:

A book can describe a man in knights armor on a mountain top looking down towards a blackened field at an army off 1000 gremlins and the thoughts hes having while doing all of this. It will go into detail of the man/gremlins/scene............ok great.

Now look at the MOVIE version. It will show the same man look down from the same mountain but this time instead of you trying to picture 1000 gremlins/man/mountain you actually get to SEE it(you see the spit and blood coming out of their mouth/the terrifying moans and groans they are making) and SEE how out numbered he is(in a book u can only see number 1000 to 1) and FEEL the "sinking feeling" hes feeling at that moment. Then when he runs down to fight you HEAR the sounds of the sword rip-ing through gremlin flesh and hear his agony as hes mauled by 5 gremlins. Then couple that along with music that portrays a sense of "i know im going to lose but i MUST TRY." IMO movies makes a story feel more realistic than a book because you see it in a "time/space" that could potentially be REAL(whether its past/present/future or fantasy). I like things that reflect "real life" as much as possible(clearly gremlins are not real but to SEE it is far more real than to READ it) because i can relate to that person/place/thing more so than words.. Words/chapters/page numbers dont do that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom