• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^Calm down.

Also - you guys are going to hate me even more.

I don't like marvel comics (I enjoyed the first Spider Man though), AND I've never played any of these games.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Good ol D2. I put sooooooooooooooo much time into that game. Now all i ever do is play Starcraft 2. It is ridiculously fun. Can't wait for Diablo 3 to come out either!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
^Calm down.

Also - you guys are going to hate me even more.

I don't like marvel comics (I enjoyed the first Spider Man though), AND I've never played any of these games.
I dont READ comics either(marvel MOVIES are better) so dont worry about that. Grab MvC2 or xmen vs street fighter and you will be fine. Those are great games to start. If u got a 360 or ps3 seriously consider mvc3. it will be a HUGE hit

z00ted

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I dont READ comics either(marvel MOVIES are better) so dont worry about that. Grab MvC2 or xmen vs street fighter and you will be fine. Those are great games to start. If u got a 360 or ps3 seriously consider mvc3. it will be a HUGE hit
I laughed HARD at your first sentence.

I have an Xbox but I don't even know if I would like the game.

Of course, I will try it - but all 2d fighters with health bars are like exactly the same to me for some reason and I really really dislike it. That's why I play brawl.

Xyro77

Of course, I will try it - but all 2d fighters with health bars are like exactly the same to me for some reason and I really really dislike it. That's why I play brawl.
I think its safe to say that ALL 2d fighters are better than brawl.

Xyro77

Dude, brawl is horrible. Its understood.

Did you know there is a peach type character in mvc3?

z00ted

can she float or something?

that's cool, but I doubt I would play the game competitively.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
...Wow. Thats so incredibly ignorant that I think I might actually be feeling physical pain right now. I guess brawl melee and 64 are all exactly the same since they all use percent. And I guess all FPSs are the same since they all get one head shot kills. An I guess all RTSs are the same because....brb, braining self

CY

Smash Ace
haha yeah Brawl is horrible as a competitive game. it's fun to play(sometimes) but from a competitive prospective it sucks.

also you made a mistake and made Sethlon angry. Now you're in trouble.

z00ted

...Wow. Thats so incredibly ignorant that I think I might actually be feeling physical pain right now. I guess brawl melee and 64 are all exactly the same since they all use percent. And I guess all FPSs are the same since they all get one head shot kills. An I guess all RTSs are the same because....brb, braining self
Oh wow, I guess I'm completely ignorant because I have an opinion. I didn't even bash your game at all - I said I would try it.

Chill the **** out.

I guess the phrase I was looking for is "stamina mode". It's not like both Melee and Brawl have that in a totally different section of the game.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You have an opinion that is ignorant, thus my post. How does changing "%" to "stamina mode" change a damn thing in my metaphor? Brawl and Melee and 64 have the exact same win condition. Calling all three exactly the same is just as stupid as calling MvC2 SSF4 and Guilty Gear the same thing, or calling Starcraft 3 Age of Empires and Warcraft 2 the same.

z00ted

In Brawl, Melee, 64 you send characters offscreen, and you rely mostly on counter-picks with stages.

In those games (I assume because I've only played or seen like 2 of them) you get hit until you fall on the ground.

How is my opinion ignorant? I don't like a certain kind of fighting game so I'm dumb? Yeah, whatever.

I don't even know what I'm arguing with you for, time to go to sleep.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't play much other fighters seriously because I just don't like combos.
Doesn't mean I don't KNOW combos, unfortunately. :p

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You can like and dislike to your hearts content, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I couldn't care less what you like.

What I'm concerned with is this opinion of yours; "The game has the same win condition, therefore it is the same game." This is what you are saying. This is ignorance.

Either you can read that sentence and understand my point, or you're deliberately missing it.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Sethlon you're being way too serious. 2D fighters are all te same because they have health bars. The same way that brawl, melee, and 64 are the same since they have percentages. Illmatic is being ignorant in a way, because he says he doesn't like 2D fighters but he hasn't played them. But he did say he wanted to try it.

Is there a problem with Illmatic and I enjoying brawl more than 2D fighters?

I hate when people compare games just like that. I could say that brawl>2d fighters but that doesn't mean thats true.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sethlon you're being way too serious. 2D fighters are all te same because they have health bars. The same way that brawl, melee, and 64 are the same since they have percentages. Illmatic is being ignorant in a way, because he says he doesn't like 2D fighters but he hasn't played them. But he did say he wanted to try it.

Is there a problem with Illmatic and I enjoying brawl more than 2D fighters?

I hate when people compare games just like that. I could say that brawl>2d fighters but that doesn't mean thats true.
It's human nature to think any opinion other than your own is wrong. Opinions don't equal fact...it's when people make uninformed opinions that causes people to argue.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't see what's wrong with people liking smash more than other 2-D fighters. Personally I like smash better because it has more characters that I know, and I like the HUGE amount of mobility you have compared to other fighters.

2-D fighters are good too, they're what I grew up playing (Street Fighter, Tekken, MvC2, and a lot of other random fighting games such as Jurassic Park and InuYasha Fuedal Fairy Tale).

If you're just watching a fighting game though then they would all look the same unless you're competitive at actually playing them. (And yeah I know they aren't all the same since I've played quite a few of them. Persornally Tekken 3 was my favorite fighting game).

:059:

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I don't see what's wrong with people liking smash more than other 2-D fighters. Personally I like smash better because it has more characters that I know, and I like the HUGE amount of mobility you have compared to other fighters.

2-D fighters are good too, they're what I grew up playing (Street Fighter, Tekken, MvC2, and a lot of other random fighting games such as Jurassic Park and InuYasha Fuedal Fairy Tale).

If you're just watching a fighting game though then they would all look the same unless you're competitive at actually playing them. (And yeah I know they aren't all the same since I've played quite a few of them. Persornally Tekken 3 was my favorite fighting game).

:059:
no fatal fury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom