• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denti

Smash Master
Some people dont like to try in friendlies because they dont want to be figured out.
I do this btw, so it is a legitimate thing to say. My olimar is always changing play style and adapting to what I believe my opponent wants to do and if people play me in friendlies and get confident it's a nightmare because confidence is really hard or near impossible to adapt to especially with a fragile character like olimar. Just sayin

Im glad esca made it to the hospital... Get better man

heytallman

CTALL
SUSPECT!!!! I hath changed mine avatar! You, good sir, are never to post in the Houston thread again, as per your deal you posted about a long time ago!

Also, lol my old old avatar is back!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Alright, this probably isn't any of my business - but I don't care. Both of you two I consider to be good friends and I really really dislike reading this stupid ****. Xyro - I really can't believe you of ALL people would say something terrible like that. And no, I'm not being a baby - you do realize Esca is laying on a hospital bed right now with three holes in his chest? I'm also not reading your posts the wrong way, and I am dealing with it. I'm not trying to control what you do on the internet - but really? "Oh it's cool if I'm wrong! It was just a guess or an opinion!" that's ****ing stupid.
Ok so you admit that you already read my post and understand that what i said was a GUESS and that i gave my OPINION on the matter. This implies that you understand that my guess and opinion is in no way/shape/form a fact. So assuming you understand all this...there is no reason for your massive post because you understand i am entitled to my guesses and opinions regardless of what people think

But of course its not that simple.....You STILL complain and say its terrible. Ok so yea you just proved you are a ****ing baby(you complain about what i said cause you dont like it) and DONT understand what opinion/guess means.

You do realize Esca (after you posted) read what you said right? How do you think that would feel? Getting stabbed, then waking up the next day to find that one of your OTHER friends has basically stabbed you in the back?
He read it the wrong way like a few others did. So yea thats why he felt the way he did. Its a common mistake. I do it sometimes too.

Honestly, I feel extremely sorry for your stepbrother and I understand why you are so quick to jump the gun on drugs and alcohol and I totally agree with you, but we are talking about ESCA here. If anything you should probably be trying to boost his spirits even IF he was turned on by his "drug buddies" or whatever because you probably understand what it is like to go through that because of your brother and his experience.
I was using the example/experience of my stepbrother to form a guess/opinion of the situation because i want to/can. So again ive done nothing wrong....you just dislike what i said so you get upset/say im horrible/ blah blah blah.

Oh, and guess what? You were wrong - everyone isn't going around trying to do drug deals all the time, what a surprise. He was actually picking up a Nintendo64 that he lent to his friend.
Are you sure you only have Crohn's disease and not a side case of mental ***********? When the **** did i say everyone(including esca) was going around and doing drug deals?

Oh wait.....i DIDNT.

In fact, assuming esca's tale is true(im not saying it isnt), i said that the situation esca was in was LITERALLY the same situation my stepbro went thru. My stepbro was with some friends and they went to pick up an xbox at a friends house in louisiana and ended up getting shot.

So clearly you are just making **** up here.

I KNOW you aren't happy about Esca getting stabbed, and I honestly do believe you when you say that you dropped everything you were doing to figure out where he was staying, I really do.
I dont care if you believe me or not. It happened. PERIOD.

But why wouldn't Esca feel good about going on Smashboards to read "Get well soon" or know we have him in our prayers? Honestly - please give me a solid reason. It's much better than "Oh, he probably got stabbed hanging out with some drug buddies - he deserves it".
Again, its my guess/opinion. Im entitled to it and if you dont like it then just deal with it.

I honestly regret ever sharing the information with you - I know for a fact that if ANYONE in this community EVER gets hurt like Esca is currently I would try to support them one hundred percent and I would definitely go visit them (which I'm probably going to - regardless if I get a ride with P4 or not). I just really don't understand how you can be so cold, especially towards one of your friends.
A. Whether you regret sharing info or not doesnt matter. Its on SWF so i would have found out anyway.

B. I do support esca. Notice how i texted CY to get the address to the hospital? Just cause i dont "support" him the way everybody else is or the way YOU think is right doesnt mean i dont care about him.

Regardless, I still respect you as a person Xyro - and I totally forgive you (whether you are willing to even accept that you are wrong or not).
I dont need your respect nor your forgiveness(you can keep it) because ive done nothing wrong. This is a typical case of a baby crying because someone did say what HE thinks is right and his feelings are hurt. GET OVER IT ILLMATIC. I will not change nor apologize for a GUESS/OPINION just cause a few people dont like it. This community is seriously filled with ****ing babies. You people cry about EVERYTHING i do/say. DEAL WITH IT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, what is the point of playing this game (competitively) - if you aren't trying your absolute hardest and constantly looking for ways to improve? Xyro has done it with his character, Trela, Jerm, Espy, Zac and Gnes have all done it with their character (in my opinion) and Razer is pretty damn close too.

So why can't I?
There is nothing wrong with this at all. Its HOW you go about doing it that turns people off.

Posting wins in money matches or tournaments are basically achievements to me and they mean alot because they are signs that I am improving.
Nothing wrong with that either. Its HOW you do it that turns people off.

The whole "Illmatic - why do you money match??? asdklfjaksljdfaklsfd" crap - I'm really getting tired of it.

Want to really know why I do it? Well yeah, the money of course - but there is another significant reason that plays a big role.

Jerm used to ****ing **** the **** out of my Peach when I first started. I honestly was hitting a brick wall - over and over again, - questioning what I was doing wrong, why isn't this working? Blah blah blah. I kept at it, and kept at it, until one day I beat him in a friendly at a HOBO. Then I get, "this game just isn't as exciting unless there is alot of money on the line".
I highlighted one of the most common johns of ALL time.

And honestly, if you lose to someone - PLEASE be happy for your opponent, and REALLY don't get mad or angry or "politely" ask them to take down their accomplishments from any other board. Jerm I understand your reasons because I posted false information but Trela - calm down dude. I understand you've beaten me countless amounts of times and I even stated that in the thread. Ignoring me is totally childish - and I know you were because you signed out randomly thirty minutes later. I forgive you.
You tout every win like its the 2nd coming of Christ. You beat Trela once or twice out of 4.8 billion times......and you make sure everybody knows about it. Dude, flukes happen LOLOLOLOL. Then you go one listing MMs like Diego and Tree......................really? Then you say "hay gaiz i got 1st plaze @ a turniey" and its a fraking 12 man tourney. Dude, just for showing up you got top 5......ROFL. And the WORST one is this...you will keep MM people untill you finally WIN and then move on to say "O i beet you in a Momie matchk so im beter." You have done it to me AND jerm. It seriously makes people not want to play you because you are always waiting for that ONE fluke win or w/e so you can say you are better or go out and brag till the break of dawn.

Then after all of that you use all of this^ to argue you are the best peach.

Why can't we try we all just try our hardest all the time? That's when we will REALLY see improvement and results. I'm pretty sure that's what Gnes, Dojo, and Razer did. Hell, Gnes probably contributed to changing his character's tier list position drastically.
The issue is not that people dont try. We all try. The problem is there are people who want to use their fav character and play this game in a legit way then there are people who want to go top tier and abuse how horrible this game is.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
alright xyro - i didn't read the esca part because honestly I don't care what you have to say regarding him at the moment, I already know you want him to get better and you probably don't care what you said because YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION or whatever, k cool. Great, the first part is all I really wanted to hear.

And yeah, I understand what you are getting at as far as money matches or wins go - and mainly 99% of it is true, and I'm going to work on throwing my whole ego and money match problems out the door. I've already told Trela this and I'll tell this to you and everyone else on the boards. I'm not money matching any one of you again - unless you request it.

But don't sit there and lie about how I will money match people until I win as if it is a "fluke" that's a lie. I money matched you first round and beat you 3-0 and then you came crawling back for a redo, and I beat Jerm the first time I played him. The same goes for shadow1pj, and after I lost to him I had to play him again to get my money back because I didn't realize how much I had in my pocket.

When have I ever said I am better than Jerm or Trela or bragged about it? Lol. I hope to be better than them one day - but I've never said I was better than them.

I have said I am better than other Peaches though.

Xyro77

But don't sit there and lie about how I will money match people until I win as if it is a "fluke" that's a lie.
when u beat someone 1 time out of 8733.2 trillion times.....fluke.

I money matched you first round and beat you 3-0 and then you came crawling back for a redo,
and when i won my money back you wanted a 3rd MM in a row which you won and magically didnt want to MM again. Funny how that works.

The same goes for shadow1pj, and after I lost to him I had to play him again to get my money back because I didn't realize how much I had in my pocket.
Mr. Johns, why do you John when Johning?

When have I ever said I am better than Jerm or Trela or bragged about it? Lol. I hope to be better than them one day - but I've never said I was better than them.
I didnt say you specifically said u were better than them. I was speaking about in general tone.

z00ted

actually, Xyro we did 5 money matches.

you wanted to money match again after that - and won - then I wanted to money match you again and I obliterated you.

and sorry, I wanted to pay for my own / my brother's dinner regarding pj - and yeah, so much johns considering I beat him in tournament the next time I came in contact with him.

the only "fluke" win I've had in my whole career was against Trela.

Xyro77

actually, Xyro we did 5 money matches.

you wanted to money match again after that - and won - then I wanted to money match you again and I obliterated you.
whether you won or not was not the issue. its the fact that you only wanna MM till you get your money back and then some so then u magically want to stop. its THAT which makes people just not want to play you or MM you.

z00ted

whether you won or not was not the issue. its the fact that you only wanna MM till you get your money back and then some so then u magically want to stop. its THAT which makes people just not want to play you or MM you.
so... lemme get this straight.

it's ok for you to request a money match after you lose - but not ok for me to request one after I lose?

we should still be playing that 5+ continuous money match set right now then.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Slush, you just shamed Disney.

And for that I shall never forgive you.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I freaking LOVE xyro. Enjoyed reading his wall of quotes and phrases. He so funneh; the fill in the blank sentences are the best imo. I am awesome/gay/happy/sad/brutal. Lol

CY

Smash Ace
why are you guys arguing about that? the only thing you guys should know is I would beat both of you 2-0 or 3-0, whichever format you choose. And hell yeah I'll back that up.

also I'm gonna try and visit Brent tomorrow after class. I was in disbelief when I heard what happened..

z00ted

I freaking LOVE xyro. Enjoyed reading his wall of quotes and phrases. He so funneh; the fill in the blank sentences are the best imo.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Or, Player-4, you could all just stop arguing with him.

It's been proven time and time again that it gets you guys nowhere, so why do you keep doing it?

z00ted

Arguing with Xyro is fun, imo.

it's never really arguing either.

you always lose - or get him trapped in a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom