• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trela

Smash Lord
Guys, I can't find my Soul Silver D;

It's unlikely but Sync or Trela, one of you guys wouldn't happen to have it would you?
No sir, Mr. P4, sir.

Is there anything going on this weekend? Isn't there supposed to be another Phase again? We have to find something in preparation for Pound!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hope you recover fast Esca.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I figure that most won't have it up immediately. The Sugar Land one is like 5 minutes away from my house though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Amaterasu and Felicia have pretty icky health numbers. So does Arthur. The only character I'm thinking about that has a ton is Haggar.

So I gotta do good with characters that, aside from Haggar, have hilariously mediocre health bars.

The challenge is accepted.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Alright I'm probably opening up another Pandora's Box here - but honestly I don't care. I'm not dealing with this in Private Messages either P4 - because the second half of what I want to say relates to me as a player in this community and any misconceptions or truths (directed towards me) that I feel as though I need to get out of the way.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Allan. Seriously, why did it process straight back to drugs in your little brain? Do you have nothing better to do with your meaningless days other than to make random/completely false accusations about someone you barely know? Why couldn't you send condolences for once..? Why would I be "playing" yall into believing I got stabbed? Why would I randomly lie about that? Also, just because im breathing through this chest tube doesn't mean I can't text message. You really need to think before you speak.

To everyone not Xyro, im making a speedy recovery and I really really want to thank you guys for the prayers. When all of this happened, 3 of my good friends all watched me get stabbed, but I couldn't scream or talk or anything. It was a nightmare in real life. I guess im really just saying that we've all got to be alot more careful, even our best friends can turn against us.

Holy **** you people need to stop being babies, stop choosing to take my stuff the wrong way and just deal with it. I will not change what i say because you CHOOSE to have your feeling hurt and CHOOSE to take what i say online(where there is no emotion/tone aka indicators that let you know if a person is serious or not) as what you would hear in real life or w/e the frak you guys did. If im wrong, thats cool cause it was only a guess/opinion.

Do you really wanna know why i immediately thought of drugs? I had a stepbrother(who does drugs) who lived in louisiana that literally did the same thing you apparently did yesterday/day before(w/e) and got shot 7 times which later he died. They found the 2 guys and they turned out to be druggies(his drug buddies). So without telling this story to everybody, i GUESSED(this means its NOT a fact and that it is also an OPINION) that your situation had something to do drugs or people who use them.

anyways

As for the "oh esca is just playing" it was a goof(but since 99% of you cant figure out when i am/not serious....they all turn into babies about it) . I literally stopped working and tried to get ahold of CY so he could text me stuff about you and your location. Ask him if u dont believe me. Im mean come on, do you really think im happy you got stabbed? You KNOW im not. You are one of the original brawl smashers here and a good friend to ALL of us. Im just not gonna post the typical empty "get well soon" post on an internet website that you may or may not read anytime soon. Id rather come up there and see you(thus me asking cy your location).
Alright, this probably isn't any of my business - but I don't care. Both of you two I consider to be good friends and I really really dislike reading this stupid ****. Xyro - I really can't believe you of ALL people would say something terrible like that. And no, I'm not being a baby - you do realize Esca is laying on a hospital bed right now with three holes in his chest? I'm also not reading your posts the wrong way, and I am dealing with it. I'm not trying to control what you do on the internet - but really? "Oh it's cool if I'm wrong! It was just a guess or an opinion!" that's ****ing stupid. You do realize Esca (after you posted) read what you said right? How do you think that would feel? Getting stabbed, then waking up the next day to find that one of your OTHER friends has basically stabbed you in the back? Honestly, I feel extremely sorry for your stepbrother and I understand why you are so quick to jump the gun on drugs and alcohol and I totally agree with you, but we are talking about ESCA here. If anything you should probably be trying to boost his spirits even IF he was turned on by his "drug buddies" or whatever because you probably understand what it is like to go through that because of your brother and his experience. Oh, and guess what? You were wrong - everyone isn't going around trying to do drug deals all the time, what a surprise. He was actually picking up a Nintendo64 that he lent to his friend.

I KNOW you aren't happy about Esca getting stabbed, and I honestly do believe you when you say that you dropped everything you were doing to figure out where he was staying, I really do.

But why wouldn't Esca feel good about going on Smashboards to read "Get well soon" or know we have him in our prayers? Honestly - please give me a solid reason. It's much better than "Oh, he probably got stabbed hanging out with some drug buddies - he deserves it".

I honestly regret ever sharing the information with you - I know for a fact that if ANYONE in this community EVER gets hurt like Esca is currently I would try to support them one hundred percent and I would definitely go visit them (which I'm probably going to - regardless if I get a ride with P4 or not). I just really don't understand how you can be so cold, especially towards one of your friends.

Regardless, I still respect you as a person Xyro - and I totally forgive you (whether you are willing to even accept that you are wrong or not).

Esca, please don't apologize - you did absolutely NOTHING wrong.

In fact - I'll say it again. "Get well soon Esca - we have to **** in doubles again. :awesome:"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to cover the whole: me as a "cocky or arrogant" player situation.

I don't even know where to start, honestly. My reasons and views for playing this game may be different than others - so I will say this: I am a perfectionist in any activity I enjoy and I will try my absolute hardest in those activities to result in the best situation possible.

Coming into this community maining Peach - I honestly didn't know where she stood on the tier list. I knew she was decent, but I definitely did not think she was anywhere near the top of the list. Honestly, I didn't care at all when I started, but after losing a couple of times it started to kick in. I have never considered switching characters because I believe spending all the time improving and learning new things with a character - fully understanding their range of attacks, kill power, etc etc - would be wasted with any other character, regardless if I got better as a overall player - and I specifically remember talking to Gnes about this early on when I started. He used to be in the same situation; Kirby or Diddy - he chose Diddy and we all know how it has turned out for him. I'm never picking up another character because I've already set a goal for myself as a player in general - become the best player possible as Peach, and I told Jerm this like the first time I met him at P4's.

Honestly, what is the point of playing this game (competitively) - if you aren't trying your absolute hardest and constantly looking for ways to improve? Xyro has done it with his character, Trela, Jerm, Espy, Zac and Gnes have all done it with their character (in my opinion) and Razer is pretty damn close too.

So why can't I?

Posting wins in money matches or tournaments are basically achievements to me and they mean alot because they are signs that I am improving.

I won't allow any Peach to take the title of the universally accepted "best", unless it is me. Personally, I don't think I fully deserve the title yet but marking my wins and losses and comparing it to other players makes me think I'm inching closer and closer to the goal. And whenever I see someone post (especially a Peach) that I'm the best Peach or someone that isn't THEM is the best Peach I just laugh. In my opinion when YOU as a person admit you are worse than someone else and you can never achieve what they have - you've already lost, and it's EXTREMELY hard to gain the mental confidence back. If I ever am defined as clear, cut, "best Peach" I'll keep on improving to secure the spot and never let anyone take it from me (while I'm still playing) or even improve the Peach metagame as a whole - because it is my goal. If someone takes it from me you better believe I'll be fighting for it back. Look at ADHD, he lost to Gnes and now he's happy because he has another goal to pursue. That's what this game is about - getting better, getting better, and getting better. I'm so happy I picked up this character because it is one that I believe who's potential hasn't fully developed yet - mainly because of her float. But I don't want to get into that.

The whole "Illmatic - why do you money match??? asdklfjaksljdfaklsfd" crap - I'm really getting tired of it.

Want to really know why I do it? Well yeah, the money of course - but there is another significant reason that plays a big role.

Jerm used to ****ing **** the **** out of my Peach when I first started. I honestly was hitting a brick wall - over and over again, - questioning what I was doing wrong, why isn't this working? Blah blah blah. I kept at it, and kept at it, until one day I beat him in a friendly at a HOBO. Then I get, "this game just isn't as exciting unless there is alot of money on the line". Great - this win isn't legit, jeez I gotta find a way to get better so I can go into the toon link matchup confidently. My first money match was against Jerm and I won. I honestly don't know if he was playing his hardest or best or putting everything he could into the match, but I felt as though at the time he was. I want to play my opponent at their absolute best whenever I have the chance to do so - so I can improve; as well as them. Since then, I've basically been addicted to it - I know that my opponent is trying their hardest because money is on the line and I'm learning and can see what actually would "could happen" in a tournament match - what would work and what wouldn't. Now every other Toon Link besides Jerm is easy. It finally "clicked".

Honestly I feel as though what Ozz said a couple pages back was 90% true. I want EVERYONE in this community to get better and become the best with the character regardless of who currently holds the title and what current position the player trying to pursue that goal is currently at. Everyone starts from somewhere, and everyone is a nobody at one point. And honestly, if you lose to someone - PLEASE be happy for your opponent, and REALLY don't get mad or angry or "politely" ask them to take down their accomplishments from any other board. Jerm I understand your reasons because I posted false information but Trela - calm down dude. I understand you've beaten me countless amounts of times and I even stated that in the thread. Ignoring me is totally childish - and I know you were because you signed out randomly thirty minutes later. I forgive you.

I know that if I lost to anyone that is currently below me on the PR that is in Houston I would be super happy for them - because I know they are improving. Why can't we support each other and build each other up? Rather then knock each other down all the time? I've sat and tried to help P4 and Leaf countless amounts of times on the Peach matchup and I have seen significant improvement recently. Noone besides Jerm and Smoom has ever tried to help me in any matchups. I try to push both everyone who currently isn't beating me so hard because I know one day they can be really good, I even once bet my whole "smash career" on a single set as a little test, I wanted to see p4 getting better and his playstyle drastically changed (positively)

Why can't we try we all just try our hardest all the time? That's when we will REALLY see improvement and results. I'm pretty sure that's what Gnes, Dojo, and Razer did. Hell, Gnes probably contributed to changing his character's tier list position drastically.

Anyways, I like all of the Houston scene alot - and I really really don't want to start anything with anyone at all, I just have to throw some things out there that I feel as though have to be said.

That's me in a nutshell I guess. If I'm "cocky" to any of you after reading this - then so be it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sync has the best Mario.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Why can't we try we all just try our hardest all the time? That's when we will REALLY see improvement and results. I'm pretty sure that's what Gnes, Dojo, and Razer did. Hell, Gnes probably contributed to changing his character's tier list position drastically.
I'd love to follow up on that. Truly I would. That one HOBO during the summer (July?) and I actually placed higher than past first round, and you were complimenting my Sheik. That was the one in a blue moon time frame where I was actually able to practice before a tournament and it wasn't Wi-Fi. I just can't find a good way to train on Wi-Fi and I can't make it to smashfests before tournaments.

Gea

Smash Master
Allan you are welcome to get Dave's *** rubbed on yo face at my house after MvC comes out. I even have a fightstick if you know how to use one. GET HYPED YO.

Dunno my team till I feel 'em out but I am really interested in at least Hsien Ko. Also interested but not dead set on Dormammu, Ammy, and Haggar. We will see.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Speaking of all this mess with Esca being hospitalized...is anything being done about the guy who stabbed him at all? I mean, he DID just attempt murder.

In any case, make a hasty recovery, Esca.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Okay so, it seems the weather is supposed to get bad again Wednesday night. So I wanna go see Esca tomorrow at whatever time is best for most people. I can fit 4 people (excluding myself), Jerm, Gnes, and Illmatic get priority since I've already talked to them and they're black, Trela too if he can get his *** over to my house.

So talk to me and lets plan something for tomorrow.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Crud, I might not be able to go if it's tomorrow...

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
leaf/zori could pick me and others up to visit?

its a question not volunteering anyone for anything.

edit: actually since this isn't a tourney if you can drive alot of people have them pay you gas money or w/e (not an outragoues amount). That way there wont be 5 without a ride who wanna visit but cant because the people who can drive all decided to carpool together.

just an idea <_<;

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, if you guys go during the night time, that would be good. If not, I won't be able to go. :ohwell:

Also, what PJ asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom