• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Well, im already staying with razer, trela, and gness. But I might be able to team with you if lobos doesnt go.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Hey all, I'm back. I just can't quit this **** game.

I just got back into the game 2-3 days ago. I have a lot of practice ahead of me, so I'm aiming for my first tournament back on the scene to be the next HOBO. I believe I have gotten last place at every tournament I've entered, and I plan for that to change. If I can stick with the game for long enough this time.

I'll be practicing a good amount in the coming weeks, but I was wondering if, once I feel I'm back "in shape", one of the top players from Houston would be willing to have a few "sessions" with me where you would coach me, and hopefully improve my game even more. I believe that one of my shortcomings back in the day was that I have a very small pool of friends who play Smash, and none of them play competitively, so I don't have a lot of high-level players to force me/teach me to improve. I know that Smashfests help with this, but I think that some one-on-one practice time would be a great boon. I remember that RoyR and Stiltz used to play a lot together one-on-one, and I have no doubt that this helped them in a major way.

So basically, all I'm asking is if any of you high-level Houston players (no offense to lower, or newer, players; I just think that I can learn more from higher-level players) are willing to play some Smash together at one of our houses once September 4th starts getting closer. I'm more than willing to drive to your house, depending on how far away it is.

Also, to anyone who remembers me... hi, again.
P4 is having a fest sometime next week. Go to it.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
P4 is having a fest sometime next week. Go to it.
This is a possibility, since P4 doesn't live too far away from me and I've been to his house once before. Like I said though, I just started up again and so I'm not sure my Fox (who I'm now trying out instead of Falco) is battle-ready.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
This is a possibility, since P4 doesn't live too far away from me and I've been to his house once before. Like I said though, I just started up again and so I'm not sure my Fox (who I'm now trying out instead of Falco) is battle-ready.
Well he isn't ever gonna be ready if you don't practice with people, you said so yourself that you didn't have a big/good group to play with. So now is your chance to change that.

Also, I suggest Falco.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm still exploring my options for Apex...I'll keep you informed when I get enough money...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Roflpwny should change his name back. ;)
I'd have to buy a premium membership for that. :/

Also, I suggest Falco.
I know Falco is a higher tier, and I used to main him, but I'm having a lot of fun with Fox. There are 3 things I really enjoy about Fox:

1. I don't have to rely on the CG.

2. Fox has his old Melee shine, which covers his whole body and stops him in mid-air.

3. Fox's fair is VIABLE.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I know Falco is a higher tier, and I used to main him, but I'm having a lot of fun with Fox. There are 3 things I really enjoy about Fox:

1. I don't have to rely on the CG.

2. Fox has his old Melee shine, which covers his whole body and stops him in mid-air.

3. Fox's fair is VIABLE.
Sorry but that list compared to Falco's....is ****.

Anyone wanna do doubles on wifi?

Trela

Smash Lord
My mom is still ok with me going to Apex without Allan going.

Allan, you did good as a father. I think it's time for me to go out on my own, now!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gnes should be your next baby sitter at Apex.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Xyro, think I can call a spot first to P4's if you go?

:)

Also, wifi doubles tomorrow, since wifi gods are pr0. Did any vids get recorded of me and Ill at HOBO? I'd love to see some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom