• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popertop

Smash Champion
you people are so ****ing judgemental.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people think some things Allan likes are gay. (Samus, DDR)

I'm pretty sure everyone has something they like that someone else will make fun of.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Competitive WoW is boring, my roommate who is a WoW fanatic even says its stupid.. There was 0 hype for it, i didn't hear a peep from that area.

Esca

Smash Champion
Good thing Blizzard doesn't require Quivo's hearing. WoW is easily the most grosed game in the ENTIRE world. Competitive WoW isn't boring at all. Coming from a WoW fanatic. Also, do you honestly think there's any hype for Smash?

Come on Quivo, step it up!

Smoom77

Smash Master
Paying to play games on the internet is stupid.
This is what I agree with. I haven't played WoW before so I'm not gonna say it's trash like most people do, but I'd rather not play a game where you have to pay to do a lot of things.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Actually Esca, there was barely a crowd for WoW in Columbus and yes there was hype for Brawl... So much hype, that the tekken 6 crowd asked us for help. We even drew in random spectators to check out what the hype was about.

Also, you're a biased WoW fanatic, so of course you're going to think it's exciting. I know the God Kais, some random smashers, and I were giving it a shot and tried to watch WoW, but we all thought it was incredibly boring. I know my roommate + his WoW friends will tell me that it can be dull, especially with how the metagame has evolved. I don't think WoW would be interesting to anyone unless they knew something about the game. Just my opinion though

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
WoW is an acquired taste. Just like Smash. But it's true that WoW does steal your soul when you play it...unless you're strong enough to resist its lure.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Spectating any game is an acquired taste. I think Smash would be an easier time getting into though since most people from our generation have played smash 64. Personally, I think Brawl is boring to watch 80% of the time

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Let's take a break from the WoW and wish a Happy Birthday to GHNeko! Our little Navy smasher is growing up so fast....
I know he's not here, but I think he still deserves the wishes.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Says YOU on SMASHboards.

Smash is a stupid game.
I was just about to post something like this.

I'd play wow if it didn't cost money to play AFTER buying it.

I may start playing some other mmo's, someone tell me some good ones that you don't have to pay for after buying it.

Zori

Smash Champion
Dofus is a good mmo, nobody really knows about it but it's one of the most challenging games I ever played

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to post something like this.

I'd play wow if it didn't cost money to play AFTER buying it.

I may start playing some other mmo's, someone tell me some good ones that you don't have to pay for after buying it.
Guild Wars.

Really though, there's a reason for MMO subscription fees. The developers have to keep huge servers up and running, plus MMOs have more frequent maintenance than other games (once a week, generally), and they offer new free content fairly often.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Alright, I sent it there. I might join, but I have other wifi tourneys I'm planning on going to attend if we don't play offline.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Hey all, this is Kirin with a new account. I'm going by a new tag now (yes, another one). I don't much care about post count, and I'm too cheap to buy a premium membership, so I just created a new account.

Also, I'm switching mains (again) to Peach. Hopefully I can stick with a main this time.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Hey all, this is Kirin with a new account. I'm going by a new tag now (yes, another one). I don't much care about post count, and I'm too cheap to buy a premium membership, so I just created a new account.

Also, I'm switching mains (again) to Peach. Hopefully I can stick with a main this time.
Omfg YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

QUIVO

Smash Master
Popertop: Personally I was able to watch and enjoy Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, MvC, Halo 3, Guilty Gear with no knowledge of the competitive aspects. I just know that you have to kill your enemy. The reason I didn't like WoW was because the games I watched lasted a long time, and every time someone was about to die.. they would just regain health.

I used to enjoy Guild Wars, but not for the PvP. I just had fun playing with friends online.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh yah sorry about not like doing wifi dubs with you lately Esca I've been really busy.
Just text me whenever you can and I'll get on with ya :D

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Omfg YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
It's all about repping the princess, no?

I used to enjoy Guild Wars, but not for the PvP. I just had fun playing with friends online.
I played Guild Wars for around a year before my soul was stolen by WoW (I've since quit and regained it). The PvP in that game is extremely tactical and extremely fun. I miss that game sometimes, and I will definitely be giving Guild Wars 2 a try when it is released sometime next year.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Leaf 11:50 am
(11:50:38 AM): Just be careful. I worry about you.
smoomier 11:50 am
(11:50:49 AM): Yur not my dad
Leaf 11:50 am
(11:50:53 AM): Don't let Melee take another one.
smoomier 11:50 am
(11:50:58 AM): LOL
Leaf 11:51 am
(11:51:01 AM): I'm not your dad.
smoomier 11:51 am
(11:51:02 AM): Melee hasn't taken ANYONE
(11:51:13 AM): I'm your mom
smoomier 11:51 am
(11:51:40 AM): O_O
(11:51:45 AM): P4's already my mom
(11:51:52 AM): He's been her for a while now
(11:51:58 AM): But I'm P4.
smoomier 11:52 am
(11:52:01 AM): Nope
Leaf 11:52 am
(11:52:01 AM): Here:
Leaf 11:54 am
(11:54:33 AM): P4 was going to clone himself, but some of the DNA was thrown off and a different one mixed in. After I was released, P4 decided that he didn't want a clone and would just kill everyone on his own. Then the government came, along with M2K, took me to a government facility, where I broke out using my shapeshifting abilities and returned to Houston in order to get my revenge.
(11:54:39 AM): Technically, I am Player-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom