• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
how does it feel that most of the top brawl players beat 90% of the melee community in their own game? and that the top melee players wouild get 3 stocked consecutively by 90% of upper level brawl players?

get *****

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
how does it feel that most of the top brawl players beat 90% of the melee community in their own game? and that the top melee players wouild get 3 stocked consecutively by 90% of upper level brawl players?

get *****
Lol they all need to play Blazblue so we can beat them.

Hey Take, are you going to the ArcadeUFO tourney in Austin? If so I would need a partner if I went. :)

Suspect

Smash Hero

get *****
cocaine is a helluva drug

Velox

Smash Ace
when it comes to the transition of melee to brawl, I have to give it to the developers, I couldn't have possibly been more maniacal in my pursuit to turn the two dimensional fighting game we call smash bros. into a less competitive game.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
^^True true lol

And wow...the y'all really suck lol we stopped saying crap about your game...and yet you call melee gross...sorry y'all are always going to suck at a game that takes skill rather than patience to run the ****king timer out.

And we've all tried brawl and it's ATs. It's just not something that we melee players can really get into.
Yeah I was totally joking. Mouf, Clueless and I played a ****-ton of Brawl and Melee at FS8. I like both games. I was just giving Mouf a hard time. :)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
^^True true lol

And wow...the y'all really suck lol we stopped saying crap about your game...and yet you call melee gross...sorry y'all are always going to suck at a game that takes skill rather than patience to run the ****king timer out.

And we've all tried brawl and it's ATs. It's just not something that we melee players can really get into.
So what you're saying is, you don't like to think?

Velox

Smash Ace
U would be suprised bud, they actually take about the same.
nah greatness, I actually don't have THAT low of an opinion of Brawl, but certainly there's factual logic as to why brawl isn't as good. I could start with total lose of movement technique, but I won't get into the debate. When you take away techniques in the game, obviously there is a lot of loss of things at play. Not enough was added back.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Thanks for havin us over Ozzbby.

First thing Gnes said when he walked in.

"Is that Kuro, the guy always askin for rides".

It made me like :(

I was gettin da digg from Ozz today, good **** though buddy. You got that Snake matchup down, but I was playin hella stupid as well during some of them.

Allan, thanks for taking me, sorry I was kinda quiet on the way back, I was thinking about wrapping presents for christmas, ya *****.

P4, $100 ya rainbow trout *****! <3

Smoom, good seein you again mayneee. ZORI AND RT HELLA FUNNY! :]

Nike.

Smash Hero
Pound is amazing.

And I randomly found a drunk Lee Martin xD Since he's the only brawler I know, I'm recorded most/all of his singles bracket.

Today I didn't update much since it's just melee pools, but tmrw I'll be sending texts to alot of people saying whats going on for both games.

210 324 4295

Text me, and TELL ME WHO YOU ARE cuz my new phone doesn't have saved numbers D:

Oh, and brawlers didnt bring enough setups. Plank wants to split tv's at 32 for each game, but I don't think theres even gonna be 32 wii's/brawl. It might be epic fail. Know for sure tmrw.

And I guess that's it. Made a melee only post in the tourny thread. Can't link it since the hotels computer is whack.

Im tired. Bye guys :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL you've got it backwards. Brawl takes way more thought. Melee takes more tech skill.
LOL you obviously know nothing about that game.

lets see, melee has more ATs, ATs adds more depth, depth makes more options which means you have to think about more options, PLUS the game is faster that means you have to think about more options at a faster speed in a game where when you make a mistake you might get ***** for it. Now how does brawl take more thinking? They're pretty even imo.
U would be suprised bud, they actually take about the same.
This. The added tech skill makes it harder. If techskill was the only factor of melee i would be amazing, but i suck.

get *****
And wtf is this??? This isn't even KIND OF true. The only top brawler that does well in melee is M2K, who is originally a melee player. If this is sarcasm i is sorry.

idk I don't like to hate on brawl, thats not how I roll.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I still think brawl is a bit more mental than melee. Mainly because its harder to break down in melee. And there seems to be less options the game gives you from a mental viewpoint.

For instance, its generally much easier to take a stock off in melee, due to combos. But in brawl, most characters cant combo into a forsure death, so working for that stock would put much more of a mental strain on you.

Also, people should stop saying, since they took this and that out of brawl, its auto not as good. Its a different game. Melee is more offensive, brawl is more defensive. Just because air dodging works in one, and not as well in the other doesnt make it stupid or anything. Just a difference.

Oh wells, I love them both =]

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I still think brawl is a bit more mental than melee. Mainly because its harder to break down in melee. And there seems to be less options the game gives you from a mental viewpoint.

For instance, its generally much easier to take a stock off in melee, due to combos. But in brawl, most characters cant combo into a forsure death, so working for that stock would put much more of a mental strain on you.

Also, people should stop saying, since they took this and that out of brawl, its auto not as good. Its a different game. Melee is more offensive, brawl is more defensive. Just because air dodging works in one, and not as well in the other doesnt make it stupid or anything. Just a difference.

Oh wells, I love them both =]
See this is how I think. I think brawl and melee take the same amount of thinking/mental game, BUT I think it's more useful/important in brawl because you guys have nothing else to fall back on, I don't agree with melee being offensive because Jiggs is proving that melee can be played extremly gay/defensively too. Jiggs is like brawl in one character. Spacies camp a lot now too.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Because Smoom is a sensitive guy and Mouf says things that offend him. Smoom is like, the only person on AIM who's ever blocked me. Albeit temporarily, but still. I didn't even say a bad word, I just referred to one.
Lol. That for was lulz. I wasn't really mad at you.

And mouf just says scary things.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

M2K and Jman are disqualified from Melee teams at Pound 4 because Jman is still sleeping in his hotel room.

M2K is ppppiiisssseeedddd

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Inui got disqualified too because apparently he punched someone. I've heard that from like, 4 different people. I wish I would have gone now just to see all of this unfold. :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawl...serious business indeed.

Fun time yesterday.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lee martin and hyro got first in b+ teams and pound. Though b+ is ******** im proud of our boys. I think lee may be in top 5 for b+ singles. What are YOUR predictions for pound 4? I think M2k/ally/dehf/adhd then i guess tied for 5th is tyrant and co18. just guesses. Does anybody know if anti went?

jerm, who do u want me to use when we team at hobo?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
co18 beat keitaro
dekar(diddy) beat dehf

all in pools........wc has a SERIOUS lack of diddy exp.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman

get *****
i just noticed this lol. i don't consider any brawl players in houston better than me at melee, let alone like...any top brawl players i can think of besides the ones that were amazing at melee before brawl. dojo did knock me into losers last hobo but i think i'd beat em if we played again, i've beaten broly twice, beat lee martin, and i'm 1-1 in tourney with vash and dojo. actually, if any brawl players in houston wanna test this out and melee mm me at the next hobo i'd totally be down: inui vash dojo broly lee martin whoever, bring it son! i'd also like to play some more brawl next hobo...

CY

Smash Ace
the thing take said doesn't even apply for several reasons. one, a lot of the top brawl players already have a background in melee and were good in that game to begin with, so the transition to brawl was easy for them.

and reason most melee players suck at brawl is because they never played it. they saw how ****ty it was and never gave it a chance, so of course a lot of them won't be good at it.

Gnes

Smash Master
See this is how I think. I think brawl and melee take the same amount of thinking/mental game, BUT I think it's more useful/important in brawl because you guys have nothing else to fall back on, I don't agree with melee being offensive because Jiggs is proving that melee can be played extremly gay/defensively too. Jiggs is like brawl in one character. Spacies camp a lot now too.
Good man :)

This is basically what i wanted to put down last night but was too tired to do so.

Dojo

Smash Champion
i just noticed this lol. i don't consider any brawl players in houston better than me at melee, let alone like...any top brawl players i can think of besides the ones that were amazing at melee before brawl. dojo did knock me into losers last hobo but i think i'd beat em if we played again, i've beaten broly twice, beat lee martin, and i'm 1-1 in tourney with vash and dojo. actually, if any brawl players in houston wanna test this out and melee mm me at the next hobo i'd totally be down: inui vash dojo broly lee martin whoever, bring it son! i'd also like to play some more brawl next hobo...
Lol that's like me saying. Okay I beat Mouf last time we played and I bet I could do it again. <3

I'm down for that MM. Dunno when it'll be. Not heading to houston til whobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom