• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ok well, during the doubles tournament, would it be ok to just have friendlies at my TV, instead of having doubles matches? i think im just gonna friendly throughout the whole doubles, then actually have it for use during singles... wondering if it was ok?

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure on that one, you'd have to ask Allan. I'd text him and ask, unless someone else can answer that.

On a side note, your sig is AMAZING. Where'd you get it?

Edit: Just saw the link above your sig. Wow Weed is amazing then. :p

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
ATTENTION: I need to set a date for Final Smash 5.

People were already asking me for the date to Final Smash 4 at Final Smash 3. Does anyone have a good grasp of what is going on around Texas so I don't conflict with any major events? I want to have a date for FS5 when FS4 is going on so everyone knows when the next is right then and there.

I was thinking around the end of June. I don't want to do it too close to San Japan, which is August 8-10 and something I will be running things officially at. When I get details on what games I'll be able to run I will post on all the boards I have including this one.

PS: Whenever Soul Calibur IV or Street Fighter IV come out I'm having the first major San Antonio tourney for them.

heytallman

CTALL
Wow, a whopping six or so pages of garbage that I missed since Wednesday.

Guys, plz stop spamming. This small talk you are doing needs to be combined into ONE post or send it to PMs. I will get Dr. Drew to ban you morons. This is your last warning before i get him to ban you.
Please do. The spam here is getting too rediculous

Pimpslap= CC Samus vs Dedede
Please record the outcome of this. I wanna see Pimpslap eatin' da cinnamon (even though I think he said he won't be there tomorrow. But whenver this goes down, record plox.

im a noob at bringing setups. brawl wii and TV, with the cables and whatnot. im assuming you guys provide the power outlets and stuff so i dont need to bring a generator or something?
Effing LOL!!!

OK dudes, now for the serious part. Good luck to everyone at the tourney tomorrow. I know nobody cares about poor ol' Tallman, but I can't make it tomorrow. So to everyone, kick some ***! Allan, I wanna see some epic videos from this tourney!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm afraid people are going to say I am ICG, because they have no idea what I am doing, though I will never alt grab more then 3 times in a row, I am sure people will still think I am because they don't know anything about IC's.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Just as long as you get the hits in between you can't be disqualified. It's only the grab->grab->grab combo that is banned if I am correct.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just as long as you get the hits in between you can't be disqualified. It's only the grab->grab->grab combo that is banned if I am correct.
I am aware. When I hit them, they can tech/DI to get out. I still plan on Dthrow fair x2 to 3 grabs in a row to either dthrow fair techchase/iceblock or footstool techchase >_>.

But I guarantee someone will think I am breaking the rule because I am doing so many things that they have no idea about lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Remember kids, Final Smash 4 will not have any chaingrabbing bans whatsoever.

Long live a texas tradition >.>
And many people will attend :). OOS maybe?

I am thinking about holding a national brawl tournament in texas at some point and need a venue ect. Not too soon, but I was going to pm you and scav and others about it. This summer already has FAST and AZonetwo step so meh. Maybe a winter tournament?

Anyways, I am getting ahead of myself :).

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
OK, everyone be at PZ by NOON!

Don't come sooner, you will not be able to get in... Unless you bring a set up, in which case we'll get you in to help "set up". Xyro77 and myself will get there at 11 am. We're bringing TVs, but again, we need the Smash community to bring as many TVs/Wiis/Brawl copies as possible. If we have enough set-ups, we can set aside a TV or two for friendlies throughout the event. If you can't bring a set-up, bring your Wii/Brawl copy.

And, as always, if you bring a set-up, you get the entry fee waived! So bring a set-up!

In other news, remember, this event will determine the top players eligible for the Official Houston Brawl Crew. So do your best and good luck to everyone!

Popertop

Smash Champion
The group from my house is bringing three tvs and two wii + brawl.
Stiltz, Beaumont, and whoever else.

Team 409 Ftl(ForTehLulz)

We're bringing Melee. And we're playing it. DURING[B/] the tournament. Oh yeah.

smapsmamspsmpmsmpamspmspsmampsmpasmmaspspammpspmaspamsmpsapmsmpaspmspmampsmpapsmpapmspmasmpampspmpaspmsapmpsmpapmsmapmpsmpasapmmpsmasmpsampspmsampsmpsampsmpsmpasmpsapmsmpsmpsamspsmpamspmspspmaampsmasmpsmpampsmpaspmssapmspam

10meleetourneys

:D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LeeHarris and I are leaving from austin around 8:30. I believe Lee is bringing a set-up.

BloodTemple

Smash Cadet
Need a ride plz

Hey you guys my name is Andrew i was supppose to get a ride but things got cancelled and I live right by Town and country if any of yall are passin plz pick me up 12625 Memorial drive #134 713-984-0680

Id pay for gas and really wanna go

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
gahhh i had to leave so i couldnt participate in the losers round. im gonna be dead last :(.

lots of great friendlies though, so it was worth it

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Even though I only got to stay through doubles, I personally had a lot of fun. Me and Popertop didn't win any team sets (especially with how badly I did in that last match, I should've gone bowser again).

I got some friendlies recorded (our two on two fights didn't turn out well on the camera because I forgot to tell the person holding it to zoom in) and I'm uploading them right now.

It seems that I have gotten better than I was last time though. I had quite a few matches after I was out that I won, I only lost a couple of them, before the tournament though Hylian was pwning me xD (except that one match where I was Pit) (My fingers got sore from mashing buttons so fast in our fights to try to escape grabs that I finally decided to only try to tech and DI after a while)and Popertop was pretty good too, he beat me in most of our matches.

I got the incident where the 2 TVs near the back got unplugged during the tournament recorded though, it's funny hearing everyone say "woah, woah! Woah. woah woah!" lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkRYUHO-aIQ#GU5U2spHI_4

It seems my sheik isn't too bad considering I just picked her up last month, and my diddy was a lot better offline than online. I lost some of my skill with Ice Climbers since I haven't been using them much lately, but I won't use that to john :p since I still did pretty good with them. I'm thinking of making Bowser a new alt too, since I was doing pretty well with him.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Even though I only got to stay through doubles, I personally had a lot of fun. Me and Popertop didn't win any team sets (especially with how badly I did in that last match, I should've gone bowser again).

I got some friendlies recorded (our two on two fights didn't turn out well on the camera because I forgot to tell the person holding it to zoom in) and I'm uploading them right now.

It seems that I have gotten better than I was last time though. I had quite a few matches after I was out that I won, I only lost a couple of them, before the tournament though Hylian was pwning me xD (except that one match where I was Pit) (My fingers got sore from mashing buttons so fast in our fights to try to escape grabs that I finally decided to only try to tech and DI after a while)and Popertop was pretty good too, he beat me in most of our matches.

I got the incident where the 2 TVs near the back got unplugged during the tournament recorded though, it's funny hearing everyone say "woah, woah! Woah. woah woah!" lol.

It seems my sheik isn't too bad considering I just picked her up last month, and my diddy was a lot better offline than online. I lost some of my skill with Ice Climbers since I haven't been using them much lately, but I won't use that to john :p since I still did pretty good with them. I'm thinking of making Bowser a new alt too, since I was doing pretty well with him.
Haha I remember when the power went out, it sucked.

I wanna see the videos you got from today, post when they're done please :D

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
especially for my team, we were winning, then the power went off and we had to redo the battle and we lost that 2nd battle... We also found out we were using a bootleg version of SSBB xD.
TV 8 was my setup, and I had a bootleg japanese lol. you might've played on mine.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Did it say "Japanese Brawl DVD5". Lol that was probably mine.

u gettin those videos up?
I don't remember what it said, it was japanese though.

And yeah, I'm uploading videos right now :p I don't have any tournament battles recorded though, and every time I would see a good match about to happen I would get called to do my match lol.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
lemme know when there up.

god i hope PZ will be monthly... Play n trade is too far from me, so i cant go to hobo 6. and the secret hobo is all the way to August. moar pz tournies plz!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
whatever happened to the cinnamon challenge?
I think they're doing it after the tournament's over.

Edit: Hylian, I'm determined to beat your Ice Climbers with my sheik one day xD. Even if it is her hardest matchup, I've beaten your Ice Climbers with My Ice Climbers before (though it doesn't really count lol), and I've beaten your Ice Climbers with my Pit, I want to beat them some day with my last main, sheik :p

CY

Smash Ace

haha i was the camera guy for that. sorry i fail at recording though lol.

but yea overall good tourney, was a little hot and crowded but hey, it was still fun.

i thought i could of played better but meh. first match i was up 2 stock last game and somehow i still lost, but oh well gg.

btw Sethlon has an amazing falco.

p.s., jungle japes *****, that is all.

p.s.s. congrats to stiltz and royr on winning teams. they seemed like they deserved it and player very well , gg.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Lol, for the record, George Washington cured AIDS (LOL)

And for those that don't know, RoyR and Stiltz won doubles over Sethlon and Hylian.

And apparently Sethlon won singles... But some weird **** went down with the prize money. Someone care to explain?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
i feel jilted.

im sure i would have won at least 1 or 2 more rounds and placed far better, i swear dugfinn i didnt hear that call at all, nor did anyone i talked to about it.

but overall, twas a grand time, loved the people who tried to counterpick my first chars and failed

team 409 did better than i thought we would, yay for us

gratz to vince and roy on doubles and special gratz to roy for pwning t-rex's broken snake, you make a marth player proud =)

flip- i still wants your DK!!!!

pope- you make me hate luigi's mansion- no tellin how that match would have ended if that kid didnt turn off the set ups haha

krd- nice doubles matches bud

stiltz- we didnt play at all after the fest last night lol

zero- sorry i didnt get to play you, didnt mean to flake on the match, swear to god i didnt hear a call for it

esca- we shall continue the legacy of 409

xyro- you are a very hospitable tournament coordinator and a BA samus and i look foreward to more of the same in your future tourneys =)

tarzan- you were the funniest guy there man, hands down

and to anyone i had MM's with that i missed, sorry, i was kinda pissed after getting DQ'd so the beaumont guys just headed on home.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
i feel jilted.

im sure i would have won at least 1 or 2 more rounds and placed far better, i swear dugfinn i didnt hear that call at all, nor did anyone i talked to about it.

but overall, twas a grand time, loved the people who tried to counterpick my first chars and failed

team 409 did better than i thought we would, yay for us

gratz to vince and roy on doubles and special gratz to roy for pwning t-rex's broken snake, you make a marth player proud =)

flip- i still wants your DK!!!!

pope- you make me hate luigi's mansion- no tellin how that match would have ended if that kid didnt turn off the set ups haha

krd- nice doubles matches bud

stiltz- we didnt play at all after the fest last night lol

zero- sorry i didnt get to play you, didnt mean to flake on the match, swear to god i didnt hear a call for it

esca- we shall continue the legacy of 409

xyro- you are a very hospitable tournament coordinator and a BA samus and i look foreward to more of the same in your future tourneys =)

tarzan- you were the funniest guy there man, hands down

and to anyone i had MM's with that i missed, sorry, i was kinda pissed after getting DQ'd so the beaumont guys just headed on home.
Oh dude my bad lol. I don't think it was a good day to face my DK. I was feeling bad for some reason >_>. Next time for sure! Anyways GG to all. Hopefully I'll be up to par for the PnT tourney on the 21st. Oh yea, Kalo ggs man. Next time I'll use Kirby for sure. DK was a bad choice.. lol never pick characters based on playing them online ^_^. Oh 3000 man your sonic too good, hope to even the score next tourney. Until then be ready for the improved Fliptop next tourney >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom