• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm pretty happy placing as high as I did but I still think I could have done better.
This was my first real big tourney, and the pressure was interesting.
My first match I played campy as hell with D3 against some random Marth.

Neways, KRD we seriously need to practice and come up with some strategies.
I definitely think we have some potential. Also, that match with Shiek was crazy, I had no idea I lived every life to 150%+, let alone my first life going to 202%. Lol Wario is too good, I gotta look into that matchup to see what advantages I can exploit :p.

Xyro that samus was soooo ghey. Zair zair zair zair zair zair zair charge shot. repeat.
Anyways thanks for saying I have a good Bowser, I haven't been playing him all that much so he was kinda clunky, but it wouldn't have helped in that matchup anyway.
Yeah, giving up Bowser now, except for the **** counterpicks he has.

Rockettrainer we should Lucario ditto next time I saw you playing as him.

Roflpwny we didn't play, we should Falco ditto it up. I have some tricks to show you.

LeeHarris: We had some good matches man, that spotdodge Dsmash is too good, must come out on like the first or second frame or something. I think there's a way to DI out of it, but I gotta work on my rob counter anyways. GG.

Mytime: Good matches man that was close. No one expects Lucario lol. Same spot dodge dsmash except Meta gets kills and Rob's just throws you off. GG.

So I'm gonna mess around with other fighting games and see what's up, maybe break into street fighter.
*shrug*
I'll place better next time I promise.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Doubles results:

1st: Sexy Legs (Stiltz/Roy_R) $160 something I think.
2nd: Death by Papercut (Sethlon/Hylian) $96
3rd: 5 Letter S Word (Mr. 3000/T-rex) ????

Money for singles was payed out:

1st: $581
2nd: $166
3rd: $85

Edit:

Sethlon is too good.

heytallman

CTALL
Hmm, might go to Beaumont depending on how much gas prices rise this week.
I could split/pay for part of you gas money we could carpool there? Let me know if you're goin...I'd be willing to cover some G money.

Also, wow, craziness going on with the top 4. Good luck to you dudes going AZ (?) whenever that tournament is. And congrats to everyone who placed well.

Also also, Pimpslap, I'll never play you in Pokemon....you have two ubers on the team in your sig. Please remove Groudon and Rayquaza, then we'll talk.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If it was split 70/20/10, then third in teams got $48?

Holy crap, math IS useful...

Tallman, yeah, if I do go, I can give you a ride. It's about an hour away from where I live. I'll let you know what happens.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
lol pokemon...

KaloKross ***** at pokemon ..PM if you want a battle...marriland.com standard competitive rules..

also royr sethlon and hylian are going to be out of town for nest tourny ...sweetbix....

Esca

Smash Champion
Shout outs.

-Xyro - you hold awesome tournaments, gratz on placing high with Samus(boo). Also you're very hospitable.

-Dugg - for some reason i get a kick out of hearing you call the matches. Thank you, also for the tournament.

- Fliphop - Yo quiero tu DK again.

- Stiltz - I like to play your d3, it makes me feel special, good job placing high. Our Olimar dittos are intense.

-Kailo - I should have meta-knighted your meta that last round, for he is cheap, and i hate wolf.

-Rofl - Get your marth game on.

-Tuxedo - Thanks for letting us stay at your house, it was greatly appreciated, and I had fun owning you guys.

-Wolf players - good luck next time.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
esca in match 1 you hit my wolf with 2 d-smashes 3 up bs and 1 over-b and NINETEEN neutral bs...good job at your leet skrillz..

learn to play brawl...i never even used meta before

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
That was the best Smash tournament I've ever been to. 124 E-props to duggfin and xyro.

It was really awesome meeting everyone from Houston. It would take me 15 days to type all my shoutouts, so I'll just give my general thoughts:

Everyone from Houston was cool. I look forward to playing you guys again.

Holy shiet that place was hot. I think I lost 12 pounds of water over the course of a few hours. Luckily my massive girth sustained the rest of my body.

I shouldn't pick Rainbow Cruise with ROB. Double low percent suicides aren't awesome.

Planet Zero was one of the coolest arcades I've ever been in. I couldn't believe their Japanese Tekken setups.

I'm going to need to plan out 2 v 2 better in advance next time. I didn't even plan on entering this time around, but then again I didn't know it was first D:

Next tourney I'm going to MM everyone with the beastly Ganon. Start practicing now, or you will surely be doomed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Everyone fears the Dark Lord GANONDORF.

Heck, even the announcer knows.

The Play N Trade will have less people...and the huge fan will hopefully be back there again.

Someone needs to bring some fans to these things, especially if PZ will be a monthly thing.

Esca

Smash Champion
learn to play brawl...i never even used meta before
i don't use meta either lol. Yesterday was like the 2nd time i played him lol. If you thought he was terrible, or i dont know how to play brawl, money match my Olimar. lol, and cry about it man.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ozz3000: I had to play on your Wii for 3 games straight in doubles. At one point I just stopped disconnecting my controller from that Wii because I knew I would be playing there again. Haha.
lol how did you know it was me?

Did anyone see the epic match where i used Falcon, against some girl who used pikachu?

2 falcon pawnches and knees, too good...

Esca

Smash Champion
i'm guessing you don't know what 10char means?

It's when your post isn't 10 characters... so you put 10char to make it 10. lol

CY

Smash Ace
25th place for my first real "tournament" isn't too shabby, considering the people who beat me i should and could of beaten.

but yea, can't wait for the next houston tournament. in the mean time, everyone from houston should go to beaumont next saturday and try to have a nice tournament.

put C.Y. as using Falco btw.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Also also, Pimpslap, I'll never play you in Pokemon....you have two ubers on the team in your sig. Please remove Groudon and Rayquaza, then we'll talk.
You sure you wouldn't be able to handle his two Ice-Weak ubers? :p

I probably should start playing that game again since back when I did I was a pro (though being a pro at pokemon just means countless challenges by people that don't know how to spell even simple words *points to youtube PM someone sent me titled "cab you battle me?"). Hurry up and finnish your team so we can battle though :p

onii-chan

Smash Ace
seems like everyone had a good time...looks like me,pimp,and golf missed out on some actshun...its all good i will see you guys at the next hobo oh, and tgm i still will take you up on that cinna-challegne don't worry i am a man of my word...

and to others...watch out for mindgraines...and metagame skills...i own them both...:)

and i will have some friendlies with the top people if they have time:

Hylian your ICs vs. my Meta
Xyro your Samoose vs. my Zamus
Slitz Meta dittos?
t-rex and 3000 whoever you guys play vs my zelda
dugfinn....how about some zelda dittos?(your top in my book cuz ya be that host)

heytallman

CTALL
Well, since you put it that way...

GO! Lucas!
*Lucas used PK Freeze*
It's super effective!!!
Rayquaza/Groudon fainted!

I'll finish up my team soon, son. Also, where in H-Town do you live? We need to get some Brawlies in, if you're close enough. I don't play online.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord

I probably should start playing that game again since back when I did I was a pro (though being a pro at pokemon just means countless challenges by people that don't know how to spell even simple words *points to youtube PM someone sent me titled "cab you battle me?"). Hurry up and finnish your team so we can battle though :p

thats my ruby party lolz i playratata, blissy, Tyranitar, Gengar, Fortress, and ether Spirit tomb or Jolteon whoever i fill like playing lolz

wanna play the card game lolz i have like a alot f old and some new ones my cousin got some boxs for like 20 bucks lolz

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is now God Tier.

And Popertop, if you didn't live in Beaumont I'd want to play. Too bad that's an hour+ drive.

heytallman

CTALL
i playratata

wanna play the card game lolz i have like a alot f old and some new ones my cousin got some boxs for like 20 bucks lolz
By "rattatta" do you mean the ol' level 1 endeavor + quick attack combo? lol you won't catch me with your wicked tricksies of yours.

And sure, I'll play you in the card game, I still have all my old cards....I just need to remember how to play and make a "good" deck again.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Meh, *shrug*
It was worth a try.

Anyways, I heard T-rex was picking up a secondary, anyone know who it is?

Lol, I just looked at all the cards I have and I don't even have enough energy. I have like seven of them, and half of those are spanish, and I also have a random spanish Jolteon.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
FEAR the rattata doesn't really work against anyone anymore :p So many counters for it, ghosts, leftovers, hail, sandstorm, a priority move etc. :p

I still think Ice Climbers should be in pokemon :p they'd do awesome in double battles :p especially with two blizzards hitting each pokemon xD. and those Fsmashes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom