• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
People that use bowser aren't that rare are they? lol, well, I use quite a bit of characters, but for 1 on 1s, I tend to stick with IC, Sheik, and Pit.

Bowser is fun to use though, and I recently fought a good bowser who won half of our matches, surprisingly, his bowser did really well against my diddy.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, most people don't expect Bowser to be all that good, but he's devastating when you space well and know your punishment options. We should Boozer ditto.
He's sooo Cuuuuuuute! Boozer cute rivals but ultimately phails when faced with Mew kyoot.
Y'know, someone just messed up your name again.
I don't know why, but I always think KDR.
Maybe 'cuz I'm trying to think you're NOT KoreanDJ, and I always think that if I think KRD (KoReanDj)
:| *shrug*

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Are you really having trouble with making a decision on whether to see your girlfriend or play Brawl?

*has officially heard it all*

Edit: *LOL*

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Wow, someone else who enjoys bowser...

Esca you didn't tell her about it before hand?

Noah and Colin: What time were y'all gonna head down here?

Also, everybody consider at least dropping in on my smashfest tomorrow.
I hope to have lots of fun experimenting. At least I know who to use in tournament now. :\
we are leaving beaumont at 5

Jake13

Smash Lord
I honestly did not think anyone could spam more than dawn, kage, pimpslap, oni, etc.

Wow.

Allan, call me tomorrow, kay kay?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro, i didn't mean that badly towards you. I'm just thinking more and more about it, and I'm really not sure if I wanna see my girlfriend or go to this thing and get in trouble.
remember! GF are always there. Tournaments are not. Hell bring her to the tournament if she has u that wiped. Im bringing mine(she wants to go.......noooooo).

Jake ill call you.

I spilled a HUGE glass of milk on me laptop and now the mouse and buttons dont work!!!! NO!!! Oh well.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
By the way, something I didn't think about before. Are there going to be any free plug outlets? Because the thing I use to split AV cables requires a plug. If not, then I'll just bring my camera and my laptop.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Are you really having trouble with making a decision on whether to see your girlfriend or play Brawl?

*has officially heard it all*

Edit: *LOL*
Gimme Ride,.....

remember! GF are always there. Tournaments are not. Hell bring her to the tournament if she has u that wiped. Im bringing mine(she wants to go.......noooooo).
You are funny

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Last Post Fo The Day!!!

OK GUYS, THIS IS MY LAST POST UNTILL AFTER THE TOURNAMENT.

Attendance:

there are some people on here(about 5-8) that will not attend. Please do not let this make you re-consider going. Even without those 5-8 people, the turn out will be bigger than last time. There has been advertising done at gamestops/chuck e cheese/game crazy/play n trades and at PZ. I expect 100 this time around. So please go and have fun.

Melee:

Melee will not be played on ANY tv untill brawl is complete. If you dont like these rules. Do not show up. Dont even try to hook it up on your own tv, becuase ill just not use your set up. Melee is dead and u need to accept it. If you HAVE to play melee, go home.

Full-set up:

I BEG EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU TO BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/tv/ssbb). WE NEED THEM IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT GO FAST. IF U BRING A FULL SET-UP, YOU WILL GET YOUR ENTRY FEE WAVED.

Rules:

This time around i will be harshly enforcing rules. If you ICG....u lose your set. There are no extra chances. Read the first post if you need a refreasher on level rules or banned techs. I play no games, children. Obey the law or you lose your set. This(and the 1st post) are your 2 warnings. However, if at any moment you dont know whats whats, ASK. Sethlon, RocketTrainer, Me, RoyR, Mr.3000 and DugFin all know the rules. Plz read the front page for updated rules becuase i just changed some. Sethlon............go look.

MM/cinnamon challenges:

Poptop= 5$ mm Samus vs Bowser
Pimpslap= CC Samus vs Dedede
Fliptop= 5$mm Samus vs DK?
Anybody else wanna MM or CC? Tell me at the tournie!!!!!

Rumored players that might show up:

Lee Harris (snake)
Wobbles (metaknight and IC)
Melee 1 (IC)

Last comment:

Plz be at the venue by 12 noon. I will be there earlier to set stuff up. If anybody is bringing a set-up, plz be there early so we can set up the tvs and get practice going. I WILL CUT OFF REGISTERATION AT 2:30pm. If you are late(sideEffect) then you will be left out.

If ANYBODY has questions, plz TEXT or call me at 409-692-0697. I have work today at 4pm. But if you leave a message or text me, i will answer back. So from this point on, ill be on my cell. Contact me thru there.

Good luck to everybody tomorrow. I will get 1st place, like always.

G

Gabe249

Ill be showing up possibly around 1 or 1:30 with my friend Javier. I have to work tomorrow till about 12 but ill be heading over right after i getsss offfffffff

Allan... give me brackets running powers... i command the

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
I'm back once again after a long while...summer's here and now I can freely play games. Only problem is since gas keeps going up and up, I'd probably prefer to play people who are close to me(like 40 mins top away from me...Jake is the only person I really know who lives next to Planet Zero, and I don't know if he really plays anymore.)

I got to finally experiment with my friend and test out all of the characters, old and new, and here is my top 5 list so far in no particular order

Pikachu(BUFF yeaz)
Bowser(BUUUUUF)
DeDeDe(CG, CG, CG...just do it!)
Sonic(my new low tier rep)
Meta Knight(cause I like to win sometimes)

I can't go tomorrow either which really sucks...have fun with your smash and your 100+ people you lucky bas...*is shot*

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I will get 1st place, like always.
If you don't live up to this, I say you do a dairy challenge. Too bad you won't see this, because you're not posting anymore.

And can anyone tell me, is the only change in the rules the CP stages?

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Jeremy, call me again. For real yo.

Allan, I won't be late. I'm either going to come or I am not.

Jake, MELEE YES!

Tarzan, we still teaming if I go?

roy, die. ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If anyone sees Dugfinn, please tell her to load Sinz's videos up please. I'll give you something, dunno what yet.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
1st i would like to say dawn u and yo goons suck all yall need to play me for money.looking at u KAGE. i want u 1st.
tgm is just mad he sucked at melee thats y he dont want ppl playin it.
jf u have my number Y u dont call me.
ronnie im not all vince and roy i know i love u.
g@be i still love yo falcon.
hylian still suck at melee he should mm me.
pozer's not good how do ppl let him win tourneys.
and to random ppl at the tourney that i fell like is free money we need to play.

dawn001

Smash Ace
1st i would like to say dawn u and yo goons suck all yall need to play me for money.looking at u KAGE. i want u 1st.
and to random ppl at the tourney that i fell like is free money we need to play.
hmm last time i remember kage took you out in the last tourny of melee at tgm and besides it was you fox vs his ganon and you LOST!!! and he took you out of the tourny..lol!..
we will mm you .....just let us know when and where...
*falco owns you*

onii-chan

Smash Ace
I honestly did not think anyone could spam more than dawn, kage, pimpslap, oni, etc.

Wow.

Allan, call me tomorrow, kay kay?
if you don't like the spam in the houston go to beamount...no offense to beamount...its just that i dont like you guys...because you not houstonians:laugh::lick::psycho:

also xzalla me and you need to get some playing time in...we haven't even got to play in melee once...hit me up ninja...let me know when you free and i make some time...713-633-1124

to everyone else...you guys like cheese?then come to my sig shop and request i sig...i am always open and will take nearly any challenge...just look at some of my work...click in the sig \\//

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Big T, I need your phone number my phone got erased I got nothing...

As for everything else... yeh hylian sucked, tgm sucked, pozer is gay... I want money too.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
im a noob at bringing setups. brawl wii and TV, with the cables and whatnot. im assuming you guys provide the power outlets and stuff so i dont need to bring a generator or something?

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Allan brings lots of power strips so don't worry about "bringing a generator". Just bring TV, Wii, Brawl, and the cords and you get your registration fee waived. You still have to pay entry fees for the singles and doubles tourneys, but you don't have to pay the $5 entrance fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom