• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
lol yeah man, i think we got like 5th in teams haha, thanks, your dk still owned mine. I'm still getting a dk for a counterpick sometimes, we had to go early. my parents were about to eat my *D*S

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah man, i need to improve my Olimar skills. =/

edit: and yeah man, we're not so bad only getting to play 3 people. literally, aha.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Flip it's all good i'mnot gona hold back on the next tourny hopefully i will have masterd my niceness with wolf my DDD is the SHI t !

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hmm... I'm wanting to have a new character that I can use each time there's a new tournament, this time I learned how to use sheik and diddy, I'm thinking of bowser and peach for next time as alts.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
krd, we gotta film a match next time, i wanted an olimar on your shiek, or pit, =D
I've had too many olimar vs. sheik battles already x.x same stuff all the time lol, needles to stop pikmin, pikmin to stop needs, dair to outprioritise olimar's Usmash, etc. :p Pit I don't use against Olimar much though (actually, I just don't usually use pit much period lol). Diddy vs. Olimar sounds fun though :p

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hmm... I'm wanting to have a new character that I can use each time there's a new tournament, this time I learned how to use sheik and diddy, I'm thinking of bowser and peach for next time as alts.

What software did you use. It looked like that ATI catalyst.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
What software did you use. It looked like that ATI catalyst.
I'm not sure. I just know it's a TV tuner, and it came with something that lets me plug in AV cables into one end and plug the other end into the USB slot, and the thing used to capture it is called MediaTV 3. If I knew what I was doing earlier then I would've gotten a better way to record though, since everything was expensive in the end and I had to buy everything seperately.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha KRD good job capturing the blackout moment. That was actually in FooXero/my doubles match when our opponent's kid unhooked the cord... :/ It's all good though, we just started a new match, and the kid was cute so he's alright in my book. Lol.

I only remember the top finishers:

Doubles:

1st - Team Sexy Legs [Stiltz/RoyR]
2nd - Death by Papercut [Sethlon/Hylian]

Singles:

1st - Sethlon
2nd - Stiltz
3rd/4th - Hylian/RoyR

Basically what happened is Hylian, Roy, and Seth all still had to play and the winner of those matches would have to play Stiltz. They knew that Seth was the best choice to beat Stiltz, since Seth has never lost a match to Stiltz, and so Hylian/Roy forfeited and all 3 of them split the 1st place money. :/

I don't remember any more, maybe someone else can add on to that. Or we can just wait for Allan to post the full results. I'll post my shoutouts in a bit, currently busy with some stuff.

Edit: Also, 500th post! :)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Hahaha KRD good job capturing the blackout moment. That was actually in FooXero/my doubles match when our opponent's kid unhooked the cord... :/ It's all good though, we just started a new match, and the kid was cute so he's alright in my book. Lol.

I only remember the top finishers:

Doubles:

1st - Team Sexy Legs [Stiltz/RoyR]
2nd - Death by Papercut [Sethlon/Hylian]

Singles:

1st - Sethlon
2nd - Stiltz
3rd/4th - Hylian/RoyR

Basically what happened is Hylian, Roy, and Seth all still had to play and the winner of those matches would have to play Stiltz. They knew that Seth was the best choice to beat Stiltz, since Seth has never lost a match to Stiltz, and so Hylian/Roy forfeited and all 3 of them split the 1st place money. :/

I don't remember any more, maybe someone else can add on to that. Or we can just wait for Allan to post the full results. I'll post my shoutouts in a bit, currently busy with some stuff.

Edit: Also, 500th post! :)
WHAT PLACE DID YOU GET?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good stuff to everyone that went.

Geez, it sure was humid and muggy...much worse than last time, and there was only a couple more people compared to last time. Hopefully the Play N Trade tournament will have that nice huge fan near the entrance again. :)

FooXero

Smash Cadet
That was a lot of fun guys :)
BTW, is it really worth going to HOBO 7 when only 45 people can enter and its almost twice as far? Meh... Not to mention HOBO 6 is in Beaumont. WTF? I thought this was called the Houston
Congrats to the finalists in both singles and doubles, (that Ike smash in the water was sick in the doubles final) and Xyro for playing a badass Samus. Never seen anything like it, very impressed man. Great job hosting the tournament as usual. Better luck next time Austin lol :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Very fun tournament. I will do shoutouts later.

Roy_R and I both forfeited to Sethlon, and then Sethlon 6-0'ed Stiltz in the grand finals. We split 1st and 3rd, which was about $230 for each of us, not including teams.

We offered to split with stiltz, but he has balls and wanted to play Sethlon lol. Props to him for that. Really, we all just wanted money because we are going to arizona next weekend. Usually, we wouldn't split like that. Stiltz took it really well heh. It seemed like we were all against him lol. But really, we all just wanted money, rather then one of us not getting any >_>. Stiltz is a cool guy :).

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
That tournament was a lot of fun, although I wish that I did better. Glad to see/meet everyone there. I like how I lost in tournament to Hylian, but when we do a MM against him, the opposite happens. Obv I was sandbagging in tournament just so I could win those 5 bucks, haha.

Next time, I'll definitely do more research on stages; lost a couple pivotal matches on Pirate Ship and Jungle Japes, *sigh*.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok guys, i updated the 1st post with lots of info and results.

Shout outs to come tonight!

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Sorry to trouble you lol.

17: Fooxero (snake/falco)

Could you change that to snake/marth? My falco was just for kicks (not to mention its absolutely terrible. Half the time I have trouble figuring out which button is the laser JK :laugh:)

And for the record...

13: Ness (ness?)

No. I fought him. Ironically it's a Lucas lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
33. esca (mk/falco) - mannnn, that kailo guuy knocked me out.. =/ xyro what about doubles results

Flip, you coming to HOBO 6? Team 409 will be there. -.-

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, might go to Beaumont depending on how much gas prices rise this week.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Very fun tournament. I will do shoutouts later.

Roy_R and I both forfeited to Sethlon, and then Sethlon 6-0'ed Stiltz in the grand finals. We split 1st and 3rd, which was about $230 for each of us, not including teams.

We offered to split with stiltz, but he has balls and wanted to play Sethlon lol. Props to him for that. Really, we all just wanted money because we are going to arizona next weekend. Usually, we wouldn't split like that. Stiltz took it really well heh. It seemed like we were all against him lol. But really, we all just wanted money, rather then one of us not getting any >_>. Stiltz is a cool guy :).
In that light, it sounds a bit better. ;) As long as Stiltz had some idea what was going on.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Whoo, too much fun.

As always, you guys make this all worth the effort. I'd do shoutouts right now, but I gotta a very important meeting in an hour (laser tag dressed up as Resident Evil characters *sweatdrop*, yeah!) and thus it will have to wait for later.

I apologize to takeurlife2 for the DQ, but seriously, your name was called lots, over a span of 15 to 20 min, called out every 5 minutes intervals, three times. TGM made the final call, 'cause it was seriously holding up the brackets. Sorry, I don't know what else to say. Tell you what, at the next Hobo, I'll waive your venue fee, cool? 'Cause you're a great guy and I don't want any bad blood between us, groovy?

Anyways, results have been sent to AllIsBrawl and should be up in a day or two. In ze meantyme... Zombie pwning time... With lazers! (If anyone wants to show, it's the laser tag on Westheimer, at 1:50 pm).

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Whoo, too much fun.

As always, you guys make this all worth the effort. I'd do shoutouts right now, but I gotta a very important meeting in an hour (laser tag dressed up as Resident Evil characters *sweatdrop*, yeah!) and thus it will have to wait for later.

I apologize to takeurlife2 for the DQ, but seriously, your name was called lots, over a span of 15 to 20 min, called out every 5 minutes intervals, three times. TGM made the final call, 'cause it was seriously holding up the brackets. Sorry, I don't know what else to say. Tell you what, at the next Hobo, I'll waive your venue fee, cool? 'Cause you're a great guy and I don't want any bad blood between us, groovy?

Anyways, results have been sent to AllIsBrawl and should be up in a day or two. In ze meantyme... Zombie pwning time... With lazers! (If anyone wants to show, it's the laser tag on Westheimer, at 1:50 pm).
that wont be necessary, im cooled way down now and now ive heard from a few peeps that there were indeed several calls. no idea how i missed it, but that one goes on me.

no bad blood dont worry, you are a tough tourney runner and that's the way it should be, thanks for not breaking the rules just to accommodate me for not listening

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Okay, shoutouts.

Foo: You beat me... I need more practice with Snake. Well, more practice overall. I still got a nice spike into the water that first stock on Jungle Japes. :) Nice job on 17th. Was fun doing doubles with you too, even though I sucked it up in there too. **** one-man-team Snake.

Kalo: Nice bow. Best Wolf in Texas, was cool watching you own some guys in matches. At least you didn't fight Seth until later in the tournament haha. We didn't get ANY matches at all in, we definitely will have to next time.

Sethlon: GG owning me in my first match lol. Oh well you taught me a few things. Plus you are a beast at Brawl, the whole time you were beating Stiltz Hylian just kept saying "Sethlon's so good, I don't know how I beat him!" Hahaha. Oh and in Hylian's words, "Good ****."

Hylian: You're a funny guy, wish I would've seen your matches vs Sethlon. Want to do some friendlies next time?

Stiltz: As always, gj with the MK and Oli. Didn't get any friendlies in, but I got owned enough on Thursday so it's all good. Gratz on 2nd even though you may have gotten 1st if the other 3 guys hadn't set it up so Seth fought you.

RoyR: We didn't talk much at this tourney either but you seem like a pretty cool guy. Your Marth is insane. ><

DugFinn: Nice job hosting, and it was funny when you were playing Brawl with T-Rex and went on the little rant about "2 Warios." Hahaha.

TGM: Good job getting 13th with "low tier" again. Your Samus is too good. Was hilarious eating with you and Kalo and Foo at Whataburger. "You could wrap this thing around a horse!" hahaha. Gotta love the 3 meter cord on the white controller. And then you started wrapping it around Foo's neck LOL. We had to pack up right when we were about to do friendlies. :( Next time?

Esca: Good matches, and gj placing so high at your first tourney. We need to do more matches next time, along with Take. I lost way too much.

Take: More friendlies next time. :)

LeeHarris: Was cool seeing you. Nice Ganon haha, although I really wanted to see some of your Snake. If you ever come down again I'm forcing you to play me with your Snake.

Ozz3000: I had to play on your Wii for 3 games straight in doubles. At one point I just stopped disconnecting my controller from that Wii because I knew I would be playing there again. Haha.

Golf/Pimpslap: How dare you guys not be there. I expect to see you at the next tourneys.

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry. If I did just tell me and I'll add you on to the list if you want. Also, gl to all the guys going to Arizona.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Great tournament guys. I had a lot of fun. I should be back for the next HOBOs.

Uh...I don't know about y'all but I had to play back to back matches. That was not too great.

Again, HOBOs are the ****. I'll give a couple of shout outs later. Big ups to Xyro and DugFinn. Y'alls tourneys are always fun.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
SHOUT OUTS!W00T:

Rofl Pwny:...yeah matches next time and stuff...ima pick me up a controller like yours

Fliphoppy:FLIPHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!

Xyro77: i think your dog peed behind your table in the kitchen

Sethlon: yo mamma

Stilts: ignore next shoutout

Meta Knight players: grow a *****

RoyR: we have faught twice and our record is 1-1...friendlies next time

Hylian:...cinnamin/mon/whatever challenge me whimp

w00tbix

M

MyTime123

shout outs!!!

Roy R- vamos a colombia , Thanks for stealing my Love Stilts away=).... a-hole!!!

Sethlon - Sorry about getting loud during the matches, I gotta support my lil bro!

Xyro - Good money match, good job hosting like always. Ill play your samus with my falco next time instead of mk.

Sessy - I love you!!! and ur poo is weak, like a babys.

mr 3000 - im tired of everyone in your family owning me!!! =) . your sonic is too good.

Pozer wolf - your a scrub at ggac, my boy jan be puttin the hurt on your testament.

Suavion - Your a scrub, but if you played you would have came in top ten.

Stiltz - I've disowned you..... but ill call you later.

ne one i talked to but missed, sorry. i think ill come down agin to play n the next one, this time ill practice a little bit though. gg everyone .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom