• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sync, I hate you...you diseased me...I have always been nice is this is the treatment I get...gaaaaaaaaaaaaah...when I become a zombie you will be the first person I eat...

Last edited:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Hew hew thank BC he got me sick :3

Yeah Allan we love you and I totally understand what you 're saying. Hopefully I didn't sound like I was belittling your problems at all, I seriously want you to be happy and enjoy your life and smash :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, you coughed the darkness into my face...

Mango Sentinel

Smash Rookie
NNID
YUNG.SERV
This needs to happen imo. So much easier to communicate and will benefit the community greatly. Prefer it than having the same people consistently post on Facebook asking for matches.
Whats stopping it from happening? I'd make it myself but I'm still super new so maybe it would be better if someone more established in this community did? Either way I look forward to getting to know all of you and being a part of this in whatever way I can : )

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
I kinda like this idea. We should try having maybe an open chat room (voice/text) for the Houston scene here.

Xyro, you work out? You looked so fit when I saw you. No homo.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I too occasionally get the ftilt when trying to pivot-grab. By the way, do you guys not have a skype group for the Houston area smashers?
This needs to happen imo. So much easier to communicate and will benefit the community greatly. Prefer it than having the same people consistently post on Facebook asking for matches.
...Isn't that the point of this thread?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
this thread has gotten too real for me.

anyone meeting up to play today/night?

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
My bad I was just was just wondering since a lot of people use skype now and I've used it for other communities before l0l sorry
Nah you have a good idea. Heck I'd prefer some kind of chat room for us as well. I don't hop on these boards often except when at work.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There would be no point in doing a huge Skype chatroom because you can only have 4 people in a room at one time, until they update the game to have those extra online feature mentioned in the direct.

I would hope a matchmaking lobby will exist, but I somehow doubt it.

Best thing to do is just focus on a small group of people and just play like that. Everyone has different schedules anyways.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro, you work out? You looked so fit when I saw you. No homo.
I do but it's my own way. DDR for cardio and lifting weights in my room. I have bench and stuff. Nothing crazy though.

I'll make a Houston Skype room when I get home.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
there's definitely a point in a skype group.. lmao at how quickly that actually good idea got shot down. you don't have to be talking to 4 people at once, text chat groups can hold like 38249239842 people, find someone who's online / wants to play and then start up a call from there

allan wtf where are u @ flakey poo poo sadboy i have a custom palutena waiting for a friend :(

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But if you text, you might as well use Smashboards like P4 said. Hell, Smashboards has a chat feature...

You...just went in a full circle. P4 confirmed smartest.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Pivot tilts and grabs just take strict timing. Don't be bad and practice to get it down.

Also RT, while some people do get away with BS, I also see you're able to punish BS more in this game than in Brawl. In Brawl..I've seen people literally escape "frame traps" constantly. If you get the read in this game, you can punish pretty hard.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
True, but you know there are times where you have the hardest of reads and the only thing they have to do is LOL NOPE SPOTDODGE/ROLL AWAY. I've learned to accept it, but I don't like it.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
skype is easy and accessible and people are on it anytime they're online, it's insanely easy to organize something rather than making a post here waiting for a reply compared to getting fast responses on skype.

If there is a group add me to it, I'm down to play if I'm home, zanoshiran is my skype

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
True, but you know there are times where you have the hardest of reads and the only thing they have to do is LOL NOPE SPOTDODGE/ROLL AWAY. I've learned to accept it, but I don't like it.
Can you give me an example? You can also read the roll/spot dodge. These problems were like 5X worse in Brawl imo. Although rolling strong, they themselves are readable.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That and if Shaya is still monitoring the Southwest, flooding the entire thread with people posting bout their matches will seem like spam after awhile.
Post match discussion I mean.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Anything for Xyro on his special day :). Samus still sucks.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I miss Ozz.

Why is Lylat Cruise a starter? Switch it to CP, which is what it should be. The ledges are fairly easy to get stuck underneath with if you're using a char to recover such as Marth/CF. You go too far underneath and it's almost a guaranteed stock. It should be a counter choice against characters with ****ty-decent recoveries, not one to begin with. Don't they shift/angle differently as well throughout the match?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I miss Ozz.

Why is Lylat Cruise a starter? Switch it to CP, which is what it should be. The ledges are fairly easy to get stuck underneath with if you're using a char to recover such as Marth/CF. You go too far underneath and it's almost a guaranteed stock. It should be a counter choice against characters with ****ty-decent recoveries, not one to begin with. Don't they shift/angle differently as well throughout the match?
Lylat was a starter in Brawl for years. Most took it down to CP because of MK.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I miss Ozz.

as much as i hate lylat just from my experience with it in PM, it is a good starter, its pretty neutral with its three platforms. It doesnt transform or move in anyway like half of the legal stages right now and its not a walk off.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I miss Ozz.

have bad recovery? strike it or learn to aim

the tilting following a strict pattern in brawl and its likely the same now

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Music is great for you, Video Games are good for you, Sex is good for you, and drugs save lives..

parties and junk food could be bad lol

Top Bottom