• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Sync.

Smash Champion
Well to be top 3 of any character is going to be really hard unless you pick bottom tier characters (when we know who they are) but that essentially means you'll be losing to people who use better characters and aren't as good as you which earlier I think you said frustrates you a lot. Is that even worth it? How much fun do you get out of being the best out of people who main a ****ty character? Is it enough to override all the times you're going to lose to a mindless Diddy or any other higher tier character? I think in order to achieve your point of fun you have to get extremely frustrated over time and ultimately won't be worth it. Why don't you just make smaller goals if you want to play smash so badly? Or how about not playing at all and improving as a TO and being recognized as the best TO? Would that be fun?

tl;dr Allan you're setting yourself up for nothing but frustration over being a low tier and won't get enjoyment until a tier list comes out that lets you have tiered events where you can hopefully do well in.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well to be top 3 of any character is going to be really hard unless you pick bottom tier characters (when we know who they are) but that essentially means you'll be losing to people who use better characters and aren't as good as you which earlier I think you said frustrates you a lot. Is that even worth it? How much fun do you get out of being the best out of people who main a ****ty character? Is it enough to override all the times you're going to lose to a mindless Diddy or any other higher tier character? I think in order to achieve your point of fun you have to get extremely frustrated over time and ultimately won't be worth it. Why don't you just make smaller goals if you want to play smash so badly? Or how about not playing at all and improving as a TO and being recognized as the best TO? Would that be fun?

tl;dr Allan you're setting yourself up for nothing but frustration over being a low tier and won't get enjoyment until a tier list comes out that lets you have tiered events where you can hopefully do well in.
I cannot be the "best TO" unless i sell out and pull an Alex/Apex. I refuse. id rather do grass root events forever where i have zero pressure from sponsors and other "money" entities.

And i dont mind being frustrated as long as i am top 3 aka my goal. But even for a garbage character, i cant do anything due to how butchered the devs made this game.

Xyro77

Smash (or video games in general) and tournaments is the only thing i look forward to in life since i had to divorce my cheating ex-wife. I lost a house, school sucks (cant focus/lost interest/dont know what i want to do), work sucks (i work with 18 year olds who only want talk about drugs/parties/sex and cars), my dad has pancreatic cancer (chemo starts next week so its only gonna get worse from here) and every roommate i find ends up being a hyper sensitive selfigh drug lord so i am stuck living at my dads house until im 86. My daughter is good shine of light but only as good as a 3 year old can be. Having said that, nothing else is fun or gratifying or even remotely provides a long term escape except games...smash specifically. The one game i have been looking forward (smash 4 smash 4 smash 4) to is not appealing to me right now and its devastating on multiple levels. I have NOTHING to look forward to each day cause the game is **** and i kinda dread running events for it because i dont like it AND i have a bunch of mega nerds here on this forum that dont care about any of this, they just want 5 stages, custom moves and other selfish **** that not only make my job as a TO less appealing/less effective but is also shortening the life of the game. its a lose-lose situation right now and i just want to enjoy what little in life i have.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Smash (or video games in general) and tournaments is the only thing i look forward to in life since i had to divorce my cheating ex-wife. I lost a house, school sucks (cant focus/lost interest/dont know what i want to do), work sucks (i work with 18 year olds who only want talk about drugs/parties/sex and cars), my dad has pancreatic cancer (chemo starts next week so its only gonna get worse from here) and every roommate i find ends up being a hyper sensitive selfigh drug lord so i am stuck living at my dads house until im 86. My daughter is good shine of light but only as good as a 3 year old can be. Having said that, nothing else is fun or gratifying or even remotely provides a long term escape except games...smash specifically. The one game i have been looking forward (smash 4 smash 4 smash 4) to is not appealing to me right now and its devastating on multiple levels. I have NOTHING to look forward to each day cause the game is **** and i kinda dread running events for it because i dont like it AND i have a bunch of mega nerds here on this forum that dont care about any of this, they just want 5 stages, custom moves and other selfish **** that not only make my job as a TO less appealing/less effective but is also shortening the life of the game. its a lose-lose situation right now and i just want to enjoy what little in life i have.
I see your having a rough time man. I am sorry I share alot of your experiences. My mother died a couple of years ago and it was a very hard time and still is without her. My wife was diagnosed with cancer about 4 years ago and has been in remission since, thank god. I can see you are looking for a little light in this not so pleasant time and this game has not been the most uplifting experience. All I can say is I hope you see a little more light soon even if it isnt with this game.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I think that's kind of a depressing way to look at **** man. If you don't like school don't do it. You have to learn that doing things that make you happy is what is most important in life. Do what you have to do (work a job to feed yourself and provide for your daughter) and then enjoy the rest. **** Allan of all people I know you can just tell everyone f you and f off and do what you want.

I know the divorce and all that bull**** is a nasty taste in your mouth but man you have to move forward and focus on what's going on right now. Enjoy your time with Clair and enjoy your time playing your game and quit worrying about how people act around you and just do your own ****. Quit listening to people that get you down and quit going to school if ultimately you're never going to enjoy it. I know people are going to mark what I'm saying as naïve but I really don't give a **** because their opinions mean nothing to me and they can deal with it.

Get a job, manager your money well, be happy with Clair and just do **** you like. Don't feel bad/pressured just because you're currently at your dad's house. Many men have fallen way further than that. Focusing on negative got no one anywhere. Focus on what you want to do and what ways you can take yourself out of that situation and learn from the past and not dwell on it.

Edit: Having hard times/being depressed is always on you (unless you have a mental problem which god bless your heart you can't do **** about that other than drugs) to change by your own hands. It's okay to sulk every now and then but a strong man finds a way to learn from his experiences and move forward ALWAYS. Just **** what people think Allan do you and only you

Last edited:

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Jumping in here, but...

Allan, it seems to me like you have two conflicting goals. You say you want to be the best at a lower-tier character, which is certainly possible (I saw you do it with Samus in Brawl), but then you find a lower-tier character you like (Palutena) and gripe about how Palutena doesn't have the tools to beat high-tier characters like Diddy.

You had the same problem in Brawl. You were a god at Samus, but could never win an event because of Meta Knight. But like you said, you got past it and settled for doing well in mid-tier side events and doubles or what-have-you (been out of the scene for too long). You can do this again in Smash 4.

It seems to me like you want every character to be viable at the highest level of play, but this just isn't going to happen in any fighting game, ever. Look at Melee standings: it's almost always going to be a Fox/Falco/Jigglypuff winning events. Look at Brawl events: it's almost always going to be an MK or IC. There will always be tier lists, and there will always be tier whores.

So basically you have two options, and you've already laid them out yourself. Give in to tier whoring and bust your ass to be the best and win events, or "settle" for a more relaxed approach and do well in mid-tier events. With your schedule it sounds like the latter is more viable. So find a character you like, learn their ins-and-outs (regardless of whether they can beat Diddy Kong or not), and start hosting mid-tier tournaments at your events.

I know I haven't been around in the scene for a long time now and may be out of touch, but I hope this helps. I have ALWAYS been terrible at Smash, so I know how it feels to be lost and frustrated with results.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
You don't know me that well cause I won't switch to those top 5 regardless lol.

I think you're actually putting too much into this Allan. I'd recommend taking a step back and playing the game what it was meant for and then just going over to fests and stuff. There are freaking 51 characters. You need to find the one you'll enjoy. I know you said Palutena is fun but will get wrecked but...Brawl Samus?

Stuff like this isn't exciting to you? Or knowing you can do this?
http://gfycat.com/PartialCourteousCats

Last edited:

Xyro77

I think that's kind of a depressing way to look at **** man. If you don't like school don't do it. You have to learn that doing things that make you happy is what is most important in life.
As i said before, nothing really makes me happy but Lets be real, having a degree in ANYTHING is safer than not having one. Many many times it auto guarantees you a minimum of XYZ pay grade than when compared to a person without one. Hell, if you get on any major job website, a bachelors degree is pretty much the standard for most of everything above working at Mc Ds. Though i hate school, i have to get SOMETHING under my belt and im working on it. It is just a very slow process. I dont wanna bust my ass the rest of my life at the plants/factories like the rest of the people who come from Santa Fe like i did.

Do what you have to do (work a job to feed yourself and provide for your daughter) and then enjoy the rest. **** Allan of all people I know you can just tell everyone f you and f off and do what you want.
When it comes to non important stuff like games, yes you are right, i have no problem telling people to DEAL WITH IT or EAT IT but in real life i dont like doing that. If you have ever been around me in a serious situation i dont troll. Especially after the divorce i learned (well, i mean i have a deeper understanding) people legit have problems that shouldn't be treated carelessly or made fun of.

I do "do what i have to do." I pay the w_h_o_r_e (and i dont even get services they should provide:sadeyes:) monthly, i pay my bills/loans, i pay for claire when i have her.....etc. I do my thing but its not fun, not getting me everywhere. I feel like im just cruising in life until i die. Im in no hurry to die of course but that is how it feels when i have no direction.

I know the divorce and all that bull**** is a nasty taste in your mouth but man you have to move forward and focus on what's going on right now.
Ive most def moved on from the actual cheating part or divorce. I never think about it. its the temp/perm "side effects" that are still very real and present. You wouldnt understand. Not because you are not smart or whatever but because you have not been with a girl for 6 year, took her out of poverty, got the money to pay for her education, married her, had a kid with her and then have hurt cheat on you all because she "shouldnt have to work to fix things." Due to that trash, im stuck with a child support payment that only goes UP over the next 14 years. Im stuck with my child being in a broken family where one member slings leg like a rotating door to every guy she meets (how will this F up my daughter?) and i cant do anything because my visitation rights are restricted. Im not saying its impossible (many do it) but ts extremely hard to focus on "whats going on right now" when this kind of stuff hovers over you 24/7.

Enjoy your time with Clair and enjoy your time playing your game and quit worrying about how people act around you and just do your own ****.
I enjoy time with Claire and am not worried about others around me but smash 4 still sucks, man.

Quit listening to people that get you down and quit going to school if ultimately you're never going to enjoy it. I know people are going to mark what I'm saying as naïve but I really don't give a **** because their opinions mean nothing to me and they can deal with it.
A lot of it is truly you not knowing. but its not cause you are not smart. its because you have not been there (i hope you dont either). But the school thing, man, i have to get it done. i have to.

Get a job, manager your money well, be happy with Clair and just do **** you like.
I have a job, it sucks.
I can manage money....if i have some left after bills/loans.
I am happy with Claire.
Id love to do **** i like but most of it sucks currently.

Don't feel bad/pressured just because you're currently at your dad's house. Many men have fallen way further than that.
No hot woman/man/lawnmower wants a dude who lives with his dad. I also dont want my kid going to 1st grade "career day" and tell the class "MY DADDY LIVES WITH HIS DADDY"

And tbh i dont really tell most people all this stuff because yeah my position, though bad, is light compared to homeless or deformed or half a dozen other scenarios. Im simply voicing what has stemmed from the discussion of how poopoo smash 4 is and how i dont like it.

Focusing on negative got no one anywhere. Focus on what you want to do and what ways you can take yourself out of that situation and learn from the past and not dwell on it.
You have to focus on the negative in order to beat it. And i and trying to improve stuff. Ive bought more useless college classes and am looking for a girl/guy/lawnmower to live with so that i can get out of this house.

Edit: Having hard times/being depressed is always on you (unless you have a mental problem which god bless your heart you can't do **** about that other than drugs) to change by your own hands. It's okay to sulk every now and then but a strong man finds a way to learn from his experiences and move forward ALWAYS.
I know with 100% certainty that there is a difference between "hard times" and being depressed. In fact there are many forms of depression. Some people go through hard times and become lazy about fixing it. This laziness can lead to depression and a sense of "oh well i cant do it. ill guess ill just rot here in the mud." Im not like that, i know i can fix it and im actively seeking ways to fix it (doing school i hate/working a job i hate/allowing amanda to live another day). My issue is that at every turn i am hit with a road block (be it Amanda or something else) and the few times recently i need to step back and do something for a quick escape that i KNOW will work.....it turns out to fail (smash 4). The sad thing is, once you reach this level, there is truly no one who can help you. Its all on you. Pretty sad.

Jumping in here, but...

Allan, it seems to me like you have two conflicting goals. You say you want to be the best at a lower-tier character, which is certainly possible (I saw you do it with Samus in Brawl), but then you find a lower-tier character you like (Palutena) and gripe about how Palutena doesn't have the tools to beat high-tier characters like Diddy.

You had the same problem in Brawl. You were a god at Samus, but could never win an event because of Meta Knight. But like you said, you got past it and settled for doing well in mid-tier side events and doubles or what-have-you (been out of the scene for too long). You can do this again in Smash 4.

It seems to me like you want every character to be viable at the highest level of play, but this just isn't going to happen in any fighting game, ever. Look at Melee standings: it's almost always going to be a Fox/Falco/Jigglypuff winning events. Look at Brawl events: it's almost always going to be an MK or IC. There will always be tier lists, and there will always be tier *****s.

So basically you have two options, and you've already laid them out yourself. Give in to tier whoring and bust your *** to be the best and win events, or "settle" for a more relaxed approach and do well in mid-tier events. With your schedule it sounds like the latter is more viable. So find a character you like, learn their ins-and-outs (regardless of whether they can beat Diddy Kong or not), and start hosting mid-tier tournaments at your events.

I know I haven't been around in the scene for a long time now and may be out of touch, but I hope this helps. I have ALWAYS been terrible at Smash, so I know how it feels to be lost and frustrated with results.
My problem is finding enjoyment in the game. Be it using top tier or using poop tier, i just dont like this game. I am still trying to find ways to like it though cause i dont wanna admit ive wasted 2 years of waiting/2 years of letting brawl die only to find that the new game is poo.

Again, as with many things smash related, this game(brawl or melee too) plays a minor role in yalls lives. You all can drop this stuff in a heart beat and never look back. Ive built scenes, ran events and put a bazillion hours into these games over the last 15 years so i cant just drop it like you all can. I have very little passion about things in life but smash is one that i do. I guess its hard to understand when you aren't as invested as i am.

Xyro77

You don't know me that well cause I won't switch to those top 5 regardless lol.
Its a win-win for me. I win if i see you switch to a top 5 and i win if i see you FAIL due to your lack of going top 5. GET READY, SISTER!

I think you're actually putting too much into this Allan. I'd recommend taking a step back and playing the game what it was meant for and then just going over to fests and stuff. There are freaking 51 characters. You need to find the one you'll enjoy. I know you said Palutena is fun but will get wrecked but...Brawl Samus?
Ive messed with everyone but doc/ganon/gw/yoshi/sonic. i honestly hate them.

And again, with Samus in Brawl i literally could create the way i played her and it worked very well. Same with Quik and the Japanese dude. Though brawl is garbage, you could play almost any character in a variety of ways and still do well. So far in smash 4 its not happening. So far, Palutena is palutena and she is garbage. if im gonna settle for garbage, i wanna be able to be unique garbage.

Stuff like this isn't exciting to you? Or knowing you can do this?
http://gfycat.com/PartialCourteousCats
That is neither character specific nor amazing. Its just good prediction/reads. Ryo has done this with Ike in Brawl (and now smash 4) to players who do not know the match up.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Also, i just got confirmation that Santi is coming to TGC. This is pretty cool news for those of you that remember him

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Allan, just play the game man. Instead of looking for reasons to not enjoy the game, look for ones why you do. Don't put up bs about there being none at all cause I guarantee you can find one or two. The more you play, the the better the chance for you to find reasons to continue playing.

Going into it with a negative mind will get you nowhere. That applies to all aspects of life. You're right that none of us have had the same experiences or hardships you've been faced with but we've each had our fair share. Prioritize your goals, learn to balance time, and do what makes you happy. Smash is meant to be a stress reliever, something to do with good company, to enjoy yourself.

Clear your mind. Take it one day at a time. School isn't for everyone and that's not meant to be offensive. You won't like everything you do in life, you'll have a good amount of bad days, and things won't always go your way but that doesn't mean to be at a standstill and complain about it. Do something about it, you're in control. If you're not ready for school, wait until you are. You may not like it on the beginning but the more effort you put into something, the better understanding you'll have for it, and when things become easier to comprehend, you'll just want to keep learning and realize that you should never stop improving yourself and withhold from becoming more knowledgable. I'm pre-med currently and I guarantee you that majority of the classes I take, I dislike with a passion. When I can put time and effort into it, not cause I have to but because I push and expect a lot from myself to do so. I'm looking towards the future. When you receive an A on exams or for classes, you're self esteem and worth will highly improve. You don't know your limits until you actually push yourself.

As for the living/gf/daughter situation, quit worrying so much. How can you expect to make others happy when you're not able to be genuinely happy yourself? Work on you and the rest will comr. Claire will love you unconditionally, you're her father. Everyone needs help in life, you shouldn't be ashamed to be living with your dad. You should be thankful and appreciative, cherish all the moments you have. When you're able to get back into things, you'll know who to thank and who stood by you through thick and thin. Anything is possible with girls... Trust me lol. You'd be surprised that many aren't as shallow as you perceive them to be.

Enjoy the game man. For now just play it to play. Mess around with chars, do whatever. You're not in a rush or pressured to be the best ASAP. Or to even find a character you like right away. This game will be out for awhile, take your time.

Last edited:

Mango Sentinel

Smash Rookie
NNID
YUNG.SERV
Hey whats up everybody? I am super new to the Smash scene. I played 64, Melee, and Brawl casually with my pals back in the day but I never really got into the scene or the competitive side of it. For whatever reason got really hype about Smash Wii U and have spent the past month get back into Smash and learning some things about the scene and have decided that it would be a good idea to try and talk with or link up with the locals in some way. I live out here in SE Houston.

But it looks like I may have chose the wrong time to introduce myself l0l

Xyro77

No no man you did fine. Where in SE are you cause I live REALLY close. Pasadena area to be exact.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'm about 20-30 minutes from Pasadena. Zori isn't too far away either. Decent amount, not many.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Allan, just play the game man. Instead of looking for reasons to not enjoy the game, look for ones why you do. Don't put up bs about there being none at all cause I guarantee you can find one or two. The more you play, the the better the chance for you to find reasons to continue playing.

Going into it with a negative mind will get you nowhere. That applies to all aspects of life. You're right that none of us have had the same experiences or hardships you've been faced with but we've each had our fair share. Prioritize your goals, learn to balance time, and do what makes you happy. Smash is meant to be a stress reliever, something to do with good company, to enjoy yourself.

Clear your mind. Take it one day at a time. School isn't for everyone and that's not meant to be offensive. You won't like everything you do in life, you'll have a good amount of bad days, and things won't always go your way but that doesn't mean to be at a standstill and complain about it. Do something about it, you're in control. If you're not ready for school, wait until you are. You may not like it on the beginning but the more effort you put into something, the better understanding you'll have for it, and when things become easier to comprehend, you'll just want to keep learning and realize that you should never stop improving yourself and withhold from becoming more knowledgable. I'm pre-med currently and I guarantee you that majority of the classes I take, I dislike with a passion. When I can put time and effort into it, not cause I have to but because I push and expect a lot from myself to do so. I'm looking towards the future. When you receive an A on exams or for classes, you're self esteem and worth will highly improve. You don't know your limits until you actually push yourself.

As for the living/gf/daughter situation, quit worrying so much. How can you expect to make others happy when you're not able to be genuinely happy yourself? Work on you and the rest will comr. Claire will love you unconditionally, you're her father. Everyone needs help in life, you shouldn't be ashamed to be living with your dad. You should be thankful and appreciative, cherish all the moments you have. When you're able to get back into things, you'll know who to thank and who stood by you through thick and thin. Anything is possible with girls... Trust me lol. You'd be surprised that many aren't as shallow as you perceive them to be.

Enjoy the game man. For now just play it to play. Mess around with chars, do whatever. You're not in a rush or pressured to be the best ASAP. Or to even find a character you like right away. This game will be out for awhile, take your time.
This is a good post Allan. I'd advise to take to heart some of the stuff he's said. Some of us are your real friends dude. We want to be happy and have enjoyment in life and smash.

Xyro77

I live close to SoHo and Pasadena. I know Pasadena area pretty well. Are there a lot of smashers in the Pasadena area?
No man we are alone for now. I went to the game stop launch for WiiU smash here in pasadena and got a few numbers. They might join us. Let's get a smash fest going some time to bring them out.

Last edited:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
So many books to read so little time. You guys should make videos of your posts instead.

Movies > books

Allan just have fun, realize this is Brawl wearing a mask and figure out its mechanics. No point in hoping and wishing for something different. I too wish you could ledge hog, shield push, *insert cancel*, etc. but you can't so no point in wanting something you can't obtain. Just learn the new mechanics and have fun, you'll find a character you like once you experiment more. I was feeling just like you but I tried more characters and landed on Sheik who I wanted to try from the demo but didn't since everyone was band wagoning because she was the best thing around. I didn't want to repeat MK but after the patch and everyone jumped ship I tried her out and found she's a lot of fun. Maybe you should try top tier for the sake of maybe they'll fit your style more than "oh they're top tier".

What I'm getting at is just experiment with characters and focus on having fun instead of winning, you and me missed out on a lot when we didn't play the 3DS but we both knew that and have to make up for lost time but it's not something that's gonna take too much longer to get the rhythm of.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Someone's been bringing a Melee setup to my college lately so I've been playing it. Yesterday they brought Brawl. In a way, I'ma miss Brawl since it's a game I put a lot of time into and I feel like my movements are fluid. It's weird playing other smash games now where I feel like I don't have much control of my character yet.

Also, I really need to buy a Wii U soon, but I'm waiting until I can find a gamecube controller adapter.

:059:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Games... Fun...

<--- lowkey wishes he played Melee competitively so I could really grasp what *insert AT of choice here* means and why it being gone sucks

Also, I really need to buy a Wii U soon, but I'm waiting until I can find a gamecube controller adapter.

:059:
I give up on waiting for an adapter re-release. I'm getting a Wii U and using my 2DS as a controller **** it. The 2DS with the PDP grip case feels enough like a controller that it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
hey mr. warren lovely xyro77 allan samuels smis you should come over to sync's today

z00ted

also legalize custom moves and vote for obama motha ****a

z00ted

there's a 97.4% chance (jerm calculated) that i will be asleep but please whisper mommy in my ear until i wake up if so

Xyro77

Can this garbage game not register grabs? I do pivot tilts instead of pivot grabs. It's already ruined c-stick usage on the ground and air so please tell me it's not ruined grabs too.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Can this garbage game not register grabs? I do pivot tilts instead of pivot grabs. It's already ruined c-stick usage on the ground and air so please tell me it's not ruined grabs too.
Allan read my post and yeah you can do it, timings are just more strict for c-stick and pivots. Get used to it ya scrub.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawl is better game than Smash 4? To think people prefer the ICs grab-a-thon, MK Shuttle Looping and Tornadoing Planking Extravaganza, Chaingrab Infinite mess...I fear for this community.

And to be serious, some people have a hard time transitioning to a new game in a series. This problem is not unique for any fighting game. It's either a game problem or a personal problem. Either case, you either adjust to the new changes or quit playing...or in Smash's case, make a weird mod.

And Xyro, I understand some of your frustrations with the game. When you played Melee, you were forced to out think and make reads on your opponent and got rewarded for doing so. Read a roll or spotdodge, you get a free punish. In Smash 4, I can read your roll or spotdodge, but because the game has incredibly safe defensive options, you get nothing, or worse, punished. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, I know I'm not good, but some of the things people get away with but they don't understand WHY I couldn't punish...a part of me dislikes it.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash 4 Brawl mod with PM addon.

Mod to simulate an old game which then has a mod on it.

Go deeper...

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
It usually happens to me as well xyro, I go for the grabs and end up getting tilts. I never had that issue in Brawl.
It's wack

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
that's crazy. I've been getting my pivot grabs, and I'm using gamepad. maybe different timing?

also I might make a one night cameo at sync's today. got work wednesday.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Allan, I suggest you try some art to ease your days. Good movies, books, and specially music.. Like Bjork. Cheap and great entertainment that gives you as much as you put into it. Some single player or more casual games could help too. I don't find competition as healthy for me as I did when I was younger for plenty of reasons, but mainly, I rather see everyone get what they want and something like that couldd be happening for you

As far as characters, just keep using the ones you like regardless of their play style or viability. If you're playing a game you dont care for at least you'd be using a character you care for.There's always gonna be boring tier whores and gimmicks in any competitive video game you play, so make your own goals and go after them. **** winning and pride if it's gonna sacrifice the fun you're having. The persuit will prlly be funner than reaching the end result anyways

Last edited:

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I haven't had a ton of play time yet with the Wii U version, but I'm also getting tilts when I try to pivot grab. CT is probably right and they changed the input timing necessary or something. Will test it when I have my Wii U back tomorrow.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Jerm is pretty much right about character usage. Just use who you like, no one truly cares. If you do care that much and force yourself to use someone bad, then you can't whine about a decision you made. You are just causing your own suffering for no reason. You can't ask for help when you are actively trying to sabotage yourself and your enjoyment.

Imo, no one really uses ZSS anymore. Pretty much everyone "notable" who is a known top tier user is using Diddy or Robin or someone obviously good. You are free to use characters like Lucina, Shulk (seriously, name someone good who uses him consistently besides Trela), ZSS, etc. Anyways, I thought you were the one who was ranting that "it's too early for tier list" but then you are afraid of using top tiers...?

Last edited:

Mango Sentinel

Smash Rookie
NNID
YUNG.SERV
I too occasionally get the ftilt when trying to pivot-grab. By the way, do you guys not have a skype group for the Houston area smashers?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
By the way, do you guys not have a skype group for the Houston area smashers?
This needs to happen imo. So much easier to communicate and will benefit the community greatly. Prefer it than having the same people consistently post on Facebook asking for matches.

Top Bottom