• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Music is great for you, Video Games are good for you, Sex is good for you, and drugs save lives..

parties and junk food could be bad lol
Lol my point was all of those activities are a form of escapism. If you live a life where you only look forward to ****ing, taking drugs, going to parties getting drunk, playing video games and eating junk food, you're gonna have a very unproductive and unfulfilled life.

And the drugs I was referring to do not save lives at all, in fact do the opposite.

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Haha, I was making a small joke with the drugs thing. Im all for being productive towards your goals. Its all about doing what you actually want to do. Even if thats sitting in a pile of **** for the rest of your life

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
aight looks like I'm busing up here after all lol. If no one is available to pick me up, can someone refresh my memory on which buses to take to get to sync's from the greyhound? Tesh told me last time but I lost the instructions on my old phone.

nm, guess I'm still good

Last edited:

stripheR

Smash Cadet
i have a stream but not sure anyone would tune in. i only have like 1600 followers :\

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
The growing Tourney Locator would be the stream, but this venue doesn't have internet. They'll have a main station with commentary and recording though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

In 2 days The Road to TGC 2 is happening in Houston, TX. Here are some final bits of information you need to know before attending this event.

1. I am in great need of full set-ups. WiiU/Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8/TV. If you bring a full set-up, i will compensate you at the next TGC with half off venue fee or a drink coupon or something. Remember, if you want plenty of practice before/between matches, we need full set-ups. There is no other way.

2. Obeying the time slots are a MUST. I will make no exceptions this time around because i want this event to start/end on time.

Xyro arrives to set-up @ 9:00am
Registration/Practice @ 10:00am
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 11:30am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food break @ 4:00pm (your only chance to eat without being DQed)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 5:00pm
Leave the venue @ midnite

3. Be sure and read/be familiar with the rules to this event. Many things are different than they were at TGC 2. The more educated you are on the rules the better prepared you will be on the day of the event. The rules can be found on the tournament discussion page.

4. The weather will be in the low to mid 70s on Saturday but please bring a jacket just in case. We wouldn't want people johning about being too cold, would we?

5. Though not mandatory, it would help me out a ton if you all bring $5 and $1 bills when paying/registering for events. It speeds up registration and makes paying out players easier. Again, just a recommendation.

6. Like last time, the free food is limited to first come first served. So the earlier you get here and the earlier you get in line, the more "guaranteed" you will be to get food.

7. If you need housing before or after TGC, please contact @Sync. and or @Leaf. they will help you.

8. Finally, due to be being extremely busy today and tomorrow, i have already created the results thread for TGC 2. Please go here to further discuss this event, make predictions and check on bracket updates/results...etc. It can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-road-to-tgc-2-results-on-12-6-2014.381295/

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Xyro, why isn't YI legal? Its actually a much more viable stage than wii fit studio and coliseum? I just want to know YOUR reasoning. If walkoffs are fine, then why not allow pipes.

Xyro77

Xyro, why isn't YI legal? Its actually a much more viable stage than wii fit studio and coliseum? I just want to know YOUR reasoning. If walkoffs are fine, then why not allow pipes.
I really didnt think about it at all. I approve of the stage though. I can add it for next time no problem.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
...at this rate, I'll never enter TGC singles ever again.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
it might as well be a walk off with how close the blastzones are to the stage.

besides that, idk how you can look at the stage design and think this stage is ok.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Since we're going to go nuts with the stage list, why not bring Skyworld back? You can destroy the platforms, so there's no reason the stage shouldn't be legal.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Since we're going to go nuts with the stage list, why not bring Skyworld back? You can destroy the platforms, so there's no reason the stage shouldn't be legal.
I'm not going nuts though.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Nothing wrong with closer blast zones, especially in this game.

Brinstar on 3DS was much smaller than the other stages by far.

Nothing wrong with the layout. Its just a bowl with a couple of platforms.

Tesh

Smash Hero
just let me sit in that lip on the top left and see how many characters have viable approach options
that honestly doesnt work so well. you will just get your shield hit repeatedly and be unable to grab you opponent

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
getting your shield hit in a game where attacks either do nothing to a shield or break it and they regenerate super fast regardless

Teshie U

Smash Lord
When you corner yourself with nowhere to roll to and no hope of punishing your opponent for hitting your shield, I'm not sure how much shield regen will help you.

Almost everyone can do massive shield damage. The main problem being that people often roll out of the pressure easily. If you camp on that lip, you can really only roll right in front of your opponent.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Good luck to everyone this weekend! I'm in ATX and won't be able to make it (plus I haven't put many hours into Smash Wii U yet and don't feel comfortable coming out to play), but I'll be looking for the VoDs!

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I'm slowly figuring out mechanics and movement for peach. she's even more of a mix-up character with side-b able to hit shields. in short, she's really good. learning pressure strings atm.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I know it's super late notice, but if I were to take the next available greyhound (which is in 2 hours) and arrive in houston around 9:05, would anyone be able to pick me up? I'll throw gas money at you and give many thanks. I don't really want to go into detail but events have caused this to be my only option if i want to go still. I'll love whoever does this forever and junk

EDIT: Nm, that bus isn't available now, til next time I guess

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
If anyone wants to buy a new, unopened copy of Smash Wii U for $50 let me know

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Anyone want to play tonight online everyone I'm getting is lagging so bad. Figure local would be better. Hit me up xoxMANIAKxox

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I hope I'm not the only old school, washed-up player thinking of getting back into the scene after a long hiatus.
Holy ****, Stiltz? Been a long time, seems a lot of us old timers are coming out of the woodwork.

Top Bottom