• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Denti, you seem upset.

Perhaps because your character is more balanced now?

Last edited:

Denti

Smash Master
IF you have Amazon Prime, the LAN adapter I got is 11 bucks with 2 day free shipping if you use Amazon Prime! Works with Wii U!

http://www.amazon.com/Support-UtechSmart-Ethernet-Chromebook-Specific/dp/B00F41TWAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412969239&sr=8-1&keywords=wii u ethernet adapter

Nintendo has an official brand but it is only available in Japan unless you have it shipped here. The Nintendo one costs like 35-40$. I bought it just in case it was better quality.

Denti

Smash Master
Denti, you seem upset.

Perhaps because your character is more balanced now?
I'm happy about the balancing. I live in a region that mostly plays PM and says "our game updates and is more balanced than any other Smash because of it". They will hopfully see the light now...

However the Sheik nerfs were minimal. Near overall 1-2% removed from attacks. Bouncing fish and up air are weaker but still kill moves.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was just trolling you just to be clear.

As far as the ethernet adapter, Nintendo really should make more here. They will make lods of money if they do.

3 more days...

Last edited:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Holy **** Greninja's multijab kills at like 120% and neutral air+bair kill waaaaaaaay earlier too :O

Also we just got a new 3DS cartridge and now we have to unlock special moves and not just customs... WTF

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Does anyone mind giving me a ride to Sync's house Friday?
I'd prefer not taking an hour long bus ride

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've seen some of the supposed Greninja changes. They said his usmash got nerfed (thank goodness, probably the dumbest usmash in terms of properties) and uair got nerfed. And they fixed the water knockback for Hydro Pump. He's been given the Sheik treatment.

And supposedly all multihit aerial moves lost there "spiking" properties. Now you know why old replays can't work...

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
something interesting for Rosaluma changes is that they shortened the distance of her luma shot. been putting this to good use for easier frame trap setups. also her giant starbit custom is godly. much trap, many frames.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
lmfao at people freaking out and pooping their diapers over a $5 twenty mcnuggets "for fun" house tournament. why are y'all taking it so seriously? swiss sounded super fun and we'll all be at one place for once. it's the same game + gamecube controller. you've been playing it for over a month now and the tournament is like sixteen hours after launch. idk lol this unwritten moral smash code is kinda hilarious, think some of y'all 3DS frauds is scared u gonna get bopped
Where my $5 @?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
ayy lmfaoooo

in other news, I readeditted (read on reddit) that dacusing is gone...confirm plz? if so, anyone down to SMOKE a lil rice guy til it's back?

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
@ Sync. Sync. How long you plan on having people over? I got a test that day and won't be free till 9ish at night. Would it still be cool to drop by then?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People are bound to be hanging around after the tourney ends. Some people become part of the house and never leave...

Such is life in the vortex.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
People can come over any time. I've seen people show up at 3am

Gaius where do you live?

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
just talked to pj on the phone, avoid
said you're already instantly banned and can't come over

strictly celeb status. dont get down though, maybe next time?

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
unfortunately, I gotta work double shifts from friday till sunday, so I won't be in the vortex with y'all. maybe monday and tuesday I'll drop by.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Marth got a few buffs :)
Marth and Lucina ;)

As a side note, hi all. I moved to Texas a few months ago. So I would like to first say hi to you all. Anyways, it seems like these will be great events. Sadly, I am stuck in Austin until I get some way to move around the state. Although I will be watching this thread and tournament. Anyways, nice to meet you all!

A bit of background on my end, Smash player from Puerto Rico. Got into competitive Smash with Brawl but shifted to competitive Melee in 2013. Marth main in those games, Lucina main in Sm4sh. I also run the Match-up thread for Lucina at the Lucina boards so it would be awesome if any would like to help out with discussion! Anyways if you all have any more questions feel free to ask :)

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
What did marth/lucina get in terms of buffs?
Since I play Lucina I'll go with what I know at the moment. But basically, down throw combos into any aerial now. Dthrow > U-air goes around to around 80% sure hit. Dthrow > Fair to around 30% or 40%.
@ Locuan Locuan nice to meet you! Happy to see you around! Hit up PWII if you have a chance, he lives in Austin :)
Will do soon enough and nice to meet you as well!

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Damn, Lucario's UpB in freefall got pooped on. Just look at all that landing lag...

I'm sad, but this was a much needed nerf. Being able to roll away before an opponent can chase you was pretty dumb.

But if this was the only change for him, this means he was an almost balanced character pre-patch.

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Luigi got a nice f-smash buff and possibly a bigger up-b hitbox. They need to release those patch notes.
@ Sync. Sync. I'll likely be there around 9-10 depending on if I finish my work. Can't wait!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Still don't see any big changes to Diddy yet. Maybe he's not that good!
Diddy is the most balanced character in the history of smash...and will probably be top tier. I don't even...

Yoshi got some minor nerfs, but hey, he still has ******** hitboxes and priority. I'm okay with this.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, you can't get off Mr. Sakurai's rolling ride.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yup, and none of those really matter in the long run.

Another balanced character.

Yoshi, Lucario, and Diddy are all balanced characters. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The glitches was known to be removed for awhile and it shouldn't be apart of his metagame cause it's quite literally worthless.

As for shulk, only like 1-3% damage buff on most of his aerials/smashes and I believe Fair landing lag having less. Nothing else mentioned yet.

Last edited:

Trela

Smash Lord
Trela, what happened to SHULK if anything?
I've been at work, so I haven't tested anything yet.

But from what I've read, the only thing that changed about him was his damage output on most of his moves. Almost all of them do 1% more damage now.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
No more extra jump after thoron charge from robin.. :(
eff patches

But ima start zelda now that wiiu version is almost out :)

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've been at work, so I haven't tested anything yet.

But from what I've read, the only thing that changed about him was his damage output on most of his moves. Almost all of them do 1% more damage now.
Broken character, ban plz

Top Bottom