• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What is your NNID?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nintendo is doooooooooooomed.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Smash and kart is there last hope. This Christmas determines if they sink or swim for the rest of the gen.

Xyro77

I'll add you to the OP, Grim. does anybody else want their NNID added to the OP?

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hope it won't be too cold in 4 days.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^it won't be playa playa. h-town 70 degrees holdin it downnnnnn

Xyro77

WELP, some of my friends at work got new WiiU+2 games for $59.99 TOTAL. Walmart fixed the error :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thank you Sears.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
I'll add you to the OP, Grim. does anybody else want their NNID added to the OP?
WELP, some of my friends at work got new WiiU+2 games for $59.99 TOTAL. Walmart fixed the error :(
Can you add mine? "KatsuraRapYo"
I'm getting back in the scene and looking forward to attend TGC, so ill be sticking around.
I've attended a couple of HOBO's before so I know how great the Houston Smash Community is..a lot of cool people.
Looking forward to what smash 4 will bring.

BTW, http://www.examiner.com/article/sea...deo-gamers-on-a-nintendo-price-matching-spree

Last edited:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
I'm new to Texas and comp Smash hi hello. I'm sadly in bum**** Victoria but hope to make it out to Houston to play some games sometime!!!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Animal Collective is an experimental music group that formed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1999. With (or in spite of) charming monikers such as "Panda Bear" and "Geologist", they craft magical sounds that bite with words and bark with sonic textures. Few people realize their danger, however; they coat their malicious behavior underneath fur so thick we hear only the dreamlike sounds and we listen not to the words but to the at once ethereal and animal-like trance the soundscapes put us in. They are either heartless geniuses who intend the worst and know how to keep these intentions veiled under a thick cloak of humility, or they are innocent puppets under the bewitchment of something greater than their own, perhaps under a psychical contract they do not consciously realize. In their history and their oeuvre rests a vast and cryptic dungeon of secrets worth unlocking that has not yet been exposed on, say, a Wikipedia page. Allow me to guide you towards it.

The time at which the Collective has made the pact to moral depravity remains unclear. A possibility may very well be, despite their always close friendships, that each band member signed the vow during a different period. We can conclude it occurred to David Portner (nicknamed "Avey Tare") around or shortly after the existence of his high school band Automine, before his dark debut Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished. Noah Lennox ("Panda Bear"), on the other hand, seems a good-hearted and clueless soul up until he offers himself up to Merriweather Post Pavilion, their Great Wall of Sound, the peak of their accessibility, the height of their mind-controlling powers.

Panda Bear has always been a puppet to Avey until he demonstrated himself artistically worthy of being at the forefront with his masterpiece Person Pitch, a spellbinding musical painting of loops and samples coupled with glistening melodic arrangements. Avey saw a practical use in the amplifying of echo and reverb in their music: to distort and warp their words into double entendres, to push their Illuminati-tinted oronyms into musical vibrancy.

Prior to the formation of Animal Collective we have Panda Bear's self-titled solo debut released in 1998, a forgettable collection of electronic and folk tunes which show Noah had not enough brilliance to proceed into the forefront of the Collective as a viable talent, but enough willingness to plunge into the alternative, the bizzare, the "out-there". Before that we have Automine, the high school band of Avey Tare, Geologist (Brian Weitz), Deakin (Josh Dibb), and non-animal schoolmates Brendan Fowler and David Shpritz. Automine played indie rock similar to Pavement, although darker and more apathetic. Here Avey demonstrated his knack for impenetrable lyrical opacity and elusive emotional subtlety—the kind of subtlety he would later showcase in sprawling epics "Penny Dreadfuls" (written around the same time as Automine) and "Banshee Beat".

On Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished, recorded in the summer of 1999, Avey wildly pours his soul and imagination into creating an acerbic, venomous noise-folk fairy tale with buzzing electronics meant to evoke the natural sounds of the forest. Panda Bear contributes pounding percussion played with brushes; here he illuminates a percussive talent he did not shine in his solo debut. Avey's lyrics simultaneously trek themes of folky, coming-of-age childhood nostalgia and bizarre, demonic, suggestive Illuminati spells.

The album begins with a child's whisper: "Shhh! Do you want to hear a secret? I know one!" The first track "Spirit They've Vanished" warns all non-demons to run back while you can, before you are polluted permanently by my mind-controlling noise with piercing high-pitched waves of static. This is the only instrument backing Avey's prophetic fairy voice, which mumbles words clear in introducing the main themes of innocence spoiled coupled with a psychopathic refusal to grow up. "Turn one's soul into twenty years / In spirit they've vanished . . . If we were just dolphins in the sea and fly / It's hard to just kiss our child games goodbye." These words imply with a permeating darkness that soon one's spirit will be gone if he tries to grow up—so to remain pure, to remain a spirit, one must stay a child, never adhere to adult standards, run away from duties and soar delusionally and unabashedly in the id's impulsive ideals. At the end of this track the child whispers "Ihateyou you just messed the whole thing up!" as if to Avey himself, who had tried to reveal these dark New Age secrets to the world.

z00ted

^LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

in other news, the speakers that i bought for smash 4 this weekend just got shipped in
**** bangs like none other, prepare for kapp'n's song full blast (along w/ satanic animal collective prophecy)

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I think I might go all out and plug in my surround sound set up in my room. HEAR SMASH FROM ALL ANGLES

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
F that, I want Environmental Noises in full HD sound.

z00ted

p4, that's the greatest custom title i'll ever see in my life

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Hey Houston smashers my name is Andrew aka Bluebirde and this is my first smash game im really getting into. I've met some of you guys already but ive been busy the past weeks after gfc 2 working on new job and school. I'm set to be more active and frst thinga first I need to get a new wii u. anyone know a great deal somewhwre in houstob or online that I can snag a good one? Also I read about some of the midnite events going on. Bonren is gonna have something planned but if it doesnt come through and im welcome id be down to come to one.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's the Dsmash near edge/sloped surface exploit combined with rage mechanic. Amusing it works even better in this game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't have facebook, what does it saaaaaaaay?

Also, if you want vids recorded, save the replay on my Wii U, regardless if it is recording or not. From what I've read, you still cannot share replays (unless this will be patched in later or people lied).

I'll try to go around 2ish, we'll see. I probably won't enter either event, I need to monitor the recording.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*hosts a tournament*

*doesn't show up for own tournament*

Uh..

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*hosts a tournament*

*doesn't show up for own tournament*

Uh..

I've done this multiple times.
*managing minions*~
20-30 minutes on the phone dealing with minor issues post event because I wasn't there >>>> 12 hours of running it if I'm dying from a flu or something.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip, did you get the official Nintendo one or third party? I'm surprised Nintendo doesn't have them available...

Top Bottom